141 Dean Heil vs. Jimmy Gulibon dec.by Heil 7-3
149 Anthony Collica vs. Zain Retherford dec. by Retherford 7-6
157 Joe Smith vs. Jason Nolf MD by Nolf 7-10
165 Chandler Rogers vs. Vincenzo Joseph Dec. by Rogers 10-10
174 Kyle Crutchmer vs. Mark Hall dec. by Hall 10-13
184 Nolan Boyd vs. Bo Nickal dec. by Nickal 10-16
197 Preston Weigel vs. Matt McCutcheon dec. by Weigel 13-16
285 Tanner Allen vs. Nick Nevills fall by Nevills 13-22 *
* If Schafer wrestles we could possibly tie the match with a dec. over Nevills with each team having a major decision. I do not think he is going to wrestle. In addition Vincenzo Joseph by ranking is favored over Rogers so that would be my upset. Nickal on a roll could major Boyd. My best estimate however is 22-13 Penn State. I do not like this prediction at all but we would not be favored at 126,149,157,165,174,184 and heavy weight. That is 7 matches to 3 for Penn State.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Might have a shot at 126, haven't seen much from their guy but heard he has no record. ;)
I know that is tongue in cheek Lionel. BTW he has no record at all if you looked him up by my spelling. To correct that it is Suriano not Soriano. He was 159-0 in HS and his only loss in college was to #1 Thomas Gilman by a score of 3-2, a match in which he gave up his first and only takedown in college.

I know that is tongue in cheek Lionel. BTW he has no record at all if you looked him up by my spelling. To correct that it is Suriano not Soriano. He was 159-0 in HS and his only loss in college was to #1 Thomas Gilman by a score of 3-2, a match in which he gave up his first and only takedown in college.

yes it was tongue in cheek due to the "126" (6 points at 126 would help us) and yes Soriano is very very good, believe the two are familiar with each other.

btw if any have an extra reserved, i'd be interested. Already have my GA tic, had checked the reserved again directly before confirming didn't need to purchase 2, went back and they were all gone. I'm flying in Fri for other business in OK & KS Fri/Sat.

A long shot to win at best I'm afraid but who knows. Couple upsets would be great

Looking forward to being there...I fly into Stillwater Saturday afternoon, and don't leave until Monday, if anybody wants to talk some wrestling while I'm there (that is, in the flesh, not on a message board!).

Reactions: Wrassler223

Lizak also took him down once. Still, an awesome start for a true freshman. Lots of good matchups - should be very entertaining. Hopefully both teams don't get any injuries.

I'm intrigued by this matchup because GIA will be rocking like Iowa dual and our wrestlers will perform. Kaid has to bonus, collica has to pull the upset, Schafer has to wrestle and win, and smith, Boyd, and pic can't give up bonus. Oh...and crutch needs to wrestle his match and keep it a 4-2 match. 6 wins for good guys - kaid, Heil, chandler, collica, Schafer, and weigal. Final - 21-13 cowboys. See you Sunday.

Lizak also took him down once. Still, an awesome start for a true freshman. Lots of good matchups - should be very entertaining. Hopefully both teams don't get any injuries.

Really wish Schafer was healthy. I am obviously biased but feel confident Schafer beats him. I like both HWYs and would like to see them go at it Sunday.

did anyone listen to the John Smith Show ?
did Coach Smith say Schafer is 50/50 ?

so, he weighs in Sunday & the dual starts @ 125...
at hwt time, we have a chance to win the dual...

then what ?

Looking forward to being there...I fly into Stillwater Saturday afternoon, and don't leave until Monday, if anybody wants to talk some wrestling while I'm there (that is, in the flesh, not on a message board!).

I'm flying in Friday but then flying up to KS then back down Saturday late afternoon, might be interested in meeting at the Garage Sat evening (think I'm doing Hideaway Sun evening).

I'll shoot you a private message with # for text and email on the other forum. If you don't receive or if other interest reply back here.

I heard that NBC wanted to air it live but Flo nixed that idea since they own media rights to wrestling. That seems to be short-sided in my mind as wrestling is missing a great opportunity to put its product on the national stage.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The weekend’s premier match will take place on Sunday, Feb. 19, at 4 p.m. ET. Fans can watch live on Flowrestling.com with a subscription. There will also be a tape delay on TV’s Fox College Sports.

only way to watch it live is on flow???

terrible for the sport

flow should let a network take it and get their cut

Reactions: dbldoofus
only way to watch it live is on flow???

terrible for the sport

flow should let a network take it and get their cut

Why? Not all have access the "network" which could've/might've covered it. Everyone with a smart phone (or better) can access Flo.

what's the phone access on flo cost you?
$15 to $20/mo it gives you access on any device not just phone. Even 1 time $20 pretty cheap for this event.

If NBC did this it wouldn't be on local/ntl channel it'd be on an added sports channel subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT