ADVERTISEMENT

OK State vs. Penn State

Uhhh, and Heil was pinned (twice). Let's call it even.
From where I was in the 100th row, it looked like he was pinned in the third period but the ref was not in the 100th or 1st row. He was lying on the mat right next to the wrestlers. Who had the better look; you, me or him.

Bottom wrestler cannot stand when legs are in. I don't necessarily like the rule but that is the rule

I've never heard of this; what would be the ruling? Staling on the bottom, illegal move on the bottom, potential dangerous? I thought it already was potential dangerous when the bottom wrestler stands as AC did. Why wasn't that called?

Also, if the top wrestler continues to try the same hold that leads to a stale mate every time, isn't that staling. It could be double flankers as well as what Retherford did. It's the top wrestlers responsibility to try to improve his position, not just ride. The bottom man just has to try to get away which Anthony was. Every time after the 2nd should have been called for staling.

Reactions: peloni almoni
I've never heard of this; what would be the ruling? Staling on the bottom, illegal move on the bottom, potential dangerous? I thought it already was potential dangerous when the bottom wrestler stands as AC did. Why wasn't that called?

Also, if the top wrestler continues to try the same hold that leads to a stale mate every time, isn't that staling. It could be double flankers as well as what Retherford did. It's the top wrestlers responsibility to try to improve his position, not just ride. The bottom man just has to try to get away which Anthony was. Every time after the 2nd should have been called for staling.
If the legs are in and the bottom guy stands, it is ruled stalling on the bottom guy. The ref knows the rule and yet called it otherwise. I wouldn't expect it to be called similarly at nationals should they meet again.

If the legs are in and the bottom guy stands, it is ruled stalling on the bottom guy. The ref knows the rule and yet called it otherwise. I wouldn't expect it to be called similarly at nationals should they meet again.
The only problem with that is that Collica would pull the leg out, and it would end up around his waist. Easy call by the book.

If they wrestle again you know that both of these guys will be coached up on how to handle the different scenarios and how they would play out. 149 is interesting as nobody can take each other down.

How will the seeding go at 149 if Retherford beats Sorenson again and if it goes the other way at the Big 10 tournament.
1. Retherford
2. Collica
3. Mayes
4. Sorenson

or
1. Sorenson
2 Retherford
3. Collica
4. Mayes

They may switch Mayes and Collica as officially they have split, but if you include the All Star dual it is 2-1 Collica.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
If they wrestle again you know that both of these guys will be coached up on how to handle the different scenarios and how they would play out. 149 is interesting as nobody can take each other down.

How will the seeding go at 149 if Retherford beats Sorenson again and if it goes the other way at the Big 10 tournament.
1. Retherford
2. Collica
3. Mayes
4. Sorenson

or
1. Sorenson
2 Retherford
3. Collica
4. Mayes

They may switch Mayes and Collica as officially they have split, but if you include the All Star dual it is 2-1 Collica.

Sorenson was upset by the Edinboro kid this weekend so that will hurt him in the seeding discussion.

Mayes lost to Northern Iowa's Thomsen last week also, which may let Collica stay at #2 or 3 depending on who wins at B1G

Reactions: osu2082
I think as long as Retherford makes big 10 finals he is the 1 seed. If Collica wins big 12 he will get the 2, Mayes and sorenson should be 3/4, just depends on the conference tournaments.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I think as long as Retherford makes big 10 finals he is the 1 seed. If Collica wins big 12 he will get the 2, Mayes and sorenson should be 3/4, just depends on the conference tournaments.

No question Retherford is the 1 it's the hope and probability that Collica stays away from the 4.

That was up in the air until maybe the recent upsets to Sorenson and Mayes.

No question Retherford is the 1 it's the hope and probability that Collica stays away from the 4.

That was up in the air until maybe the recent upsets to Sorenson and Mayes.
As long as AC wins big 12 he will stay at 2. He has only lost to Mayes and Retherford. Both Mayes and Sorenson have losses to guys outside of the top 4 including both also having losses to AC.

Straw man argument
I don't think you understand what a "Straw Man argument" is; You said he was pinned twice, I said it looked like he could have been pinned to me but the Ref was right on top of it and he didn't call a pin.

First of all, my response to your post can't be a Straw Man argument because you gave no facts for me to refute; it was just your opinion. I gave facts so your use of the Straw Man argument, argument is, by definition, a Straw Man argument.

There, I've ran rings around you logically so at this point your only logical response can be, "Burma".

Last edited:
I don't think you understand what a "Straw Man argument" is; You said he was pinned twice, I said it looked like he could have been pinned to me but the Ref was right on top of it and he didn't call a pin.

First of all, my response to your post can't be a Straw Man argument because you gave no facts for me to refute; it was just your opinion. I gave facts so your use of the Straw Man argument, argument is, by definition, a Straw Man argument.

There, I've ran rings around you logically so at this point your only logical response can be, "Burma".
Myanmar!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT