157 Travis #15 v. Ryder Downey #12
165 Olejnik #7 v. Yant #8
174 Thompson #16 v.Simma #37
184 Plott #3 v. Keckheisen #1
197 Surber #13 v. Voelker #29
285 Doucet #13 v. Tyrell Gordon #19
For the second dual in a row the featured match is 184 between Plott #3
and Keckheisen #1. Spratley has a chance to redeem himself with a dec. over
Anderson and Jamison could regain his higher ranking with a win over Happel.
Rankings by Wrestlestat.

125 Spratley #30 v. Anderson #25
133 Fix #2 v. Julian Farber#14
141 Jamison #12 v. Cael Happel #8
149 Williams #28 or Alvarez v. Allard #118
157 Travis #15 v. Ryder Downey #12
165 Olejnik #7 v. Yant #8
174 Thompson #16 v.Simma #37
184 Plott #3 v. Keckheisen #1
197 Surber #13 v. Voelker #29
285 Doucet #13 v. Tyrell Gordon #19
For the second dual in a row the featured match is 184 between Plott #3
and Keckheisen #1. Spratley has a chance to redeem himself with a dec. over
Anderson and Jamison could regain his higher ranking with a win over Happel.
Rankings by Wrestlestat.
The last time Northern Iowa came in to GIA, they embarrassed us and I believe beat us. Our wrestling is what embarrassed us and they were much more physical than we were. Hope these guys are in a better mindset than going into Oregon State. I know Oregon State was fired up and wanted to win for Coach Pendleton but we better be ready for UNI. If things aren’t good Friday night, Iowa State may embarrass us Saturday night.

We won’t be getting embarrassed by either of these teams. Our guys are ready and wrestling hard. They got maybe caught off guard with how Oregon state wrestled but uni and ISU won’t just wrestle to keep it close like that. I like us by double digits against UNI and then I have ISU hinging a little bit on how Surber does but still with a loss there I think we can win.

The last time Northern Iowa came in to GIA, they embarrassed us and I believe beat us. Our wrestling is what embarrassed us and they were much more physical than we were. Hope these guys are in a better mindset than going into Oregon State. I know Oregon State was fired up and wanted to win for Coach Pendleton but we better be ready for UNI. If things aren’t good Friday night, Iowa State may embarrass us Saturday night.
Amen

We won’t be getting embarrassed by either of these teams. Our guys are ready and wrestling hard. They got maybe caught off guard with how Oregon state wrestled but uni and ISU won’t just wrestle to keep it close like that. I like us by double digits against UNI and then I have ISU hinging a little bit on how Surber does but still with a loss there I think we can win.
I hope so. UNI caught Ohio state off guard. It shows they can do it

I hope so. UNI caught Ohio state off guard. It shows they can do it
UNI didn’t catch them off guard. tOSU lost to Pitt 13-21 the week before. Should’ve been lit up. That was also the week or so before we whooped Pitt 31-6. tOSU is overrated.

Not to say we don’t have to take UNI very serious. Just that we should take of business.

Reactions: bwel9339
165 is just brutal in the Big 12.
We have the intermat ranked
#1 O' Toole
#3 Carr
#4 Olejnik
#8 Hall, and whatever you rank Yant (not ranked by intermat for some reason)

UNI didn’t catch them off guard. tOSU lost to Pitt 13-21 the week before. Should’ve been lit up. That was also the week or so before we whooped Pitt 31-6. tOSU is overrated.

Not to say we don’t have to take UNI very serious. Just that we should take of business.
I can't believe that any OSU fan would write tOSU(sic) on this site. In wrestling we know who the real OSU is.

OSU has 34 National Championships, 143 Individual Champions, 485 All-Americans
fOSU has 1 National Championship, 23 Individual Champions, 117 All-Americans
That's 34x more NCs, 6x more ICs, 4x more AAs

OSU has had 46 Olympians, 17 Medalists, 12 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze and 6 Coaches
fOSU has had 4 Olympians, 2 Medalists, 2 Gold, 0 Silver, 0 Bronze and 0 Coaches
That's 9x more Olympians, 8x more Medalists, 8x more GMs, infinitely more SMs, BMs and Coaches

Lastly, OSU wrestles in Gallagher arena which seats over 13600 and is named for legendary coach, Ed Gallagher. fOSU wrestles in the Covelli Center which seats 3800 (the size of an average High School arena) and is named for a Panera Bread Franchise owner.

Put it this way; fOSU would have to win every national championship from now until 2058 (I'll be 101) to be called the OSU of Wrestling.

I used to root for all the OSU's and l looked forward to a Pokes-Buckeyes-Beavers, Buckeyes-Pokes-Beavers or some such finish but since that the OSU crap; screw them.

I can't believe that any OSU fan would write tOSU(sic) on this site. In wrestling we know who the real OSU is.

OSU has had 46 Olympians, 17 Medalists, 12 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze and 6 Coaches
That's 9x more Olympians, 8x more Medalists, 8x more GMs, infinitely more SMs, BMs and Coaches

Lastly, OSU wrestles in Gallagher arena which seats over 13600 and is named for legendary coach, Ed Gallagher. fOSU wrestles in the Covelli Center which seats 3800 (the size of an average High School arena) and is named for a Panera Bread Franchise owner.

Put it this way; fOSU would have to win every national championship from now until 2058 (I'll be 101) to be called the OSU of Wrestling.

I used to root for all the OSU's and l looked forward to a Pokes-Buckeyes-Beavers, Buckeyes-Pokes-Beavers or some such finish but since that the OSU crap; screw them.
Sorry. Doesn’t both me that they’re recognized widely with a “the” like it does you.

Love it

Reactions: AtownPoke
Kekeisen is out of shape, need no reviews/timeouts to beat his ass

Kekeisen is out of shape, need no reviews/timeouts to beat his ass
Spratley won with a takedown at the end of the 1st period. Rode again hard for the whole 3rd period. Much closer match than in Vegas. Daton wrestled but thought he should have got that final takedown for the tech but got a major. Jamison never came close to a good shot but did flip the opponent on his back but let him slip out. He earned this loss also. Williams got a tech and was dominant but I don't know how good his unranked opponent is but still powerful win. Teague just wasn't quite strong enough to win his opponent was bigger and stronger and got the only takedown. Olejinik won by major over an unranked opponent, but good win. Thompson got a scramble takedown when he looked to be in trouble several times but won. Plott wrestled good with a couple of takedowns but gave up too many takedowns himself. Got to give credit to Robb and he lost by a takedown in the 3rd period off a Robb shot. He is a true freshman 84 wrestling a ranked 197. Doucette pulls out another razor thin decision by 3 seconds more of riding time. His opponent had beat him twice before. It was a win but not impressive over the 28th rated team in the Country. Tomorrow we will have to be better to win.

Last edited:
Tomorrow we will have to be much better to win. Especially Jamison, really need him to figure out how to shoot.

We had five freshmen two sophomores wrestling last night You’re not gonna look great or kick anybody’s ass with five freshmen
The freshman looked great kicking NC states ass. Comparing them to themselves is fair. Not saying they should look like seasoned returning champions. Still love what we are seeing from the young guys while acknowledging they seem less aggressive than we saw a month or so ago is all.

Penn State has freshman come in and dominate
The more I learn about Penn State the more skeeved out I am by them. Yes they have good coaches and some innovative training but they also got away with breaking NCAA rules around compensation and post-grads while they built their program (rules that they eventually got the NCAA to change in their favor), giving them a head start over literally every other D1 program. And as a result Penn State basically has an endless money pit to pay a crop of Daton Fixes every year to train with paid Olympians. Some say it’s good for the sport. Maybe it is, I don’t know. Either way it’s just not a good comparison - no other team is able and willing to do what they do.

The more I learn about Penn State the more skeeved out I am by them. Yes they have good coaches and some innovative training but they also got away with breaking NCAA rules around compensation and post-grads while they built their program (rules that they eventually got the NCAA to change in their favor), giving them a head start over literally every other D1 program. And as a result Penn State basically has an endless money pit to pay a crop of Daton Fixes every year to train with paid Olympians. Some say it’s good for the sport. Maybe it is, I don’t know. Either way it’s just not a good comparison - no other team is able and willing to do what they do.
I agree. Couple that with a slew of local talent to choose from. I have absolutely zero love for them. Credit Pennsylvania as a state for creating such a hotbed for talent. Cael was a decent coach at Iowa state, not a great coach.

We had five freshmen two sophomores wrestling last night You’re not gonna look great or kick anybody’s ass with five freshmen

I didn’t say anything different. There will be some ups and downs with most young guys. We are seeing it. Lots of talent and potential with this group.

You don’t have to jump to the defense at anything you perceive to be slightly negative or realistic.

Who has 34 titles?
When it happens with consistent frequency, it’s not good for the sport.

Wrestling almost died during the 19 of Iowa. It got pretty down when we were dominating the early 2000s. It almost lost Olympic status recently. Exciting, down to the wire finishes are best for the sport…not juggernaut status.

It’s flourishing right now, but Wrestling is a sport that can’t squash the idea of winning. I know who I wrestled every time I got second or fourth and I can’t tell you 20% of who I wrestled when I won 1st or 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT