141 Jamison #6 v. Jordan Titus #11
149 Williams #21 V. Ty Watters #7
157 Teague #15 v. Dowling #20
165 Olejnik #5 v. Peyton Hall #9
174 T hompson #28 v. Brody Conley #25
184 Plott #5 v. Robin #28
197 Surber? #12 v. Austin Cooley NR
285 Doucet #16 v. Wolfgram #32

Jamison is going to have a tough weekend. Hope he is 100% healthy.

125 Spratley #21 v. Strickenberger #25
133 Fix #2 v. Rhoads NR
141 Jamison #6 v. Jordan Titus #11
149 Williams #21 V. Ty Watters #7
157 Teague #15 v. Dowling #20
165 Olejnik #5 v. Peyton Hall #9
174 T hompson #28 v. Brody Conley #25
184 Plott #5 v. Robin #28
197 Surber? #12 v. Austin Cooley NR
285 Doucet #16 v. Wolfgram #32
Alvarez 49

Williams displays tons of talent and speed. I hope he keeps working and he sees the light. He could be special. I remember Mark Branch having a losing record going into the NCAA's hs freshman year after losing a lot of very close matches in a brutal schedule and then won it all.

Reactions: bwel9339
Armchair observation. JW has the talent and speed for sure. Crazy good command of his body and he seems to know what his opponent is doing which is an incredible skill. In contrast if you look at Jamison and Travis - not much flash but extremely solid fundamentals and stingy defense. If JW can use his talent and speed to complement solid fundamentals and stingy defense, he could be unstoppable. Again, 100% armchair here.

It's been interesting being a part of a discussion forum about OSU wrestling. In the past I'd learn about a freshman for the first time *on the mat*. Nowadays when a kid starts as a freshman I'm all like "why isn't he wrestling at the highest level yet? I've been waiting 3 years!" Lol, it's not quite fair to the young man.

Williams displays tons of talent and speed. I hope he keeps working and he sees the light. He could be special. I remember Mark Branch having a losing record going into the NCAA's hs freshman year after losing a lot of very close matches in a brutal schedule and then won it all.
So, Williams has to channel his inner branch

Not surprised to see Alvarez get a chance. We need to wrestle the best guys regardless of talent or upside. I never thought Williams would be more of a project but he has a lot of time. Who can win now and perform against top ranked guys should be the mindset this year.

It sounds like JW needs to make the total commitment. Weights, conditioning, etc.

Glad Alvarez is an option and getting a crack.

Not only is OSU now solid 1 through 10, the depth is solid as well. There are certain guys that can’t be replaced, there is more serviceable depth.

What was the reasoning behind Alvarez starting at Pitt? Is Williams in the dog house again?
Williams could be seen on the bench actively up cheering for Sammy. Wouldn’t make me think he is in the dog house. Might be a 149 by committee until someone separates themself.

Reactions: bwel9339
It sounds like JW needs to make the total commitment. Weights, conditioning, etc.

Glad Alvarez is an option and getting a crack.

Not only is OSU now solid 1 through 10, the depth is solid as well. There are certain guys that can’t be replaced, there is more serviceable depth.
We have to have some of the best depth in the country. I can only imagine wrestling against us and not knowing the wrestler and he ends up being tough as nails.

Reactions: JAY45
You might be right about the depth. But maybe that’s just our fan bias. Just can’t think of anyone else that has some notable backups that aren’t redshirts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT