ADVERTISEMENT

OK State vs. AZ State

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
125 Spratley #11 vs. Figueroa #14 (Flo Poll )
133 Fix #3 vs Chlebove #23
141 Jamison #8 vs Foote or Vasquez NR
149 Alvarez #25 v. Parco #3
157 Travis #15 vs Teemer #4
165 Olejnik #3 v. Chance Macklane #33
174 Thompson #29 Vs. Cael Valencia NR
184 Plott #2 vs. Tony Negron #25
197 Robb NR vs. Meissner NR
285 Doucet #9 vs. Sschultlz #4
Rankings by Flo and yes Spratley's ranking is more than suspect

I was expecting Williams and Haas or Surber to return to the lineup. Isn’t Robb at his limit to retain his redshirt?

Reactions: bwel9339
125 Spratley #11 vs. Figueroa #14 (Flo Poll )
133 Fix #3 vs Chlebove #23
141 Jamison #8 vs Foote or Vasquez NR
149 Alvarez #25 v. Parco #3
157 Travis #15 vs Teemer #4
165 Olejnik #3 v. Chance Macklane #33
174 Thompson #29 Vs. Cael Valencia NR
184 Plott #2 vs. Tony Negron #25
197 Robb NR vs. Meissner NR
285 Doucet #9 vs. Sschultlz #4
Rankings by Flo and yes Spratley's ranking is more than suspect
Why do you say it’s suspect

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Huge Spratley fan, but it’s suspect because it’s an outlier. Intermat (20), Wrestlestat (24), OpenMat (19). He has 1 win of a higher ranked opponent, (2 depending on where Camacho falls per each site) and then 4 losses of other top 25 opponents.

I think Spratley could easily surprise people and become an AA this year, but based on results and other ranking sites 19-24 is a more appropriate range for now.

He could easily earn that 11 spot or higher though with wins over Figueroa, Surtin, and Ayala coming up.

Travis’ rank is suspect too. No losses at 157, was 20 and only moved up two spots after beating #4, cmon :)
3 of the 4 sites have him at 15 so a little better? Considering he just lost to someone with an avg rank around 14 (Downey) I think it’s fair.

He has 4 top 20 opponents left in the schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtownPoke
UALR beat these cats.
It seems clear they aren’t the team they were last year.
OSU should mud hole them.

I just think all of the ranking sites hate Okie State Wrestling. Spratley has lost to some good wrestlers, but also beat the number one guy in most ranking sites! Rankings do not mean anything until seeding time, but even then you have to beat the best to get to the finals anyway!

Blair his ranking is an anomaly. His record so far does not deserve that high of a ranking. If you are asking me my opinion on his ability then I think he has the ability to be top ten right now but for some reason or other the light has not come on. I believe it will in the future and that as Wyatt says,"
and hell will come with it"

Blair his ranking is an anomaly. His record so far does not deserve that high of a ranking. If you are asking me my opinion on his ability then I think he has the ability to be top ten right now but for some reason or other the light has not come on. I believe it will in the future and that as Wyatt says,"
and hell will come with it"
He lost to a returning AA in Kaylor. Lost to Volk who could be a top 3 guy this year. Smith who is definitely an AA candidate this year. And Tanner Jordan. 125 is wild this year! The Pick Em's this year, most will bet 1 point on 125 this year! Spratley has some good wins and some good losses also, that I hope he has learned from! He will be fine!

Spratley is very close to being a AA threat IMO. He hasn't shown me anything personally that I would be too concerned about, he has all the tangibles, good offense, can get off bottom, great gas tank, aggressive. His future looks bright. Besides getting pinned by Kaylor all of his losses have been close. Only criticism I have is that he seems to wrestle out of control at some points during the match. I believe that's how Kaylor stuck him. If he can manage that energy better and work on keeping up his offensive through the entire match I wouldn't be surprised to see him be R12 or hell even AA.

Spratley is very close to being a AA threat IMO. He hasn't shown me anything personally that I would be too concerned about, he has all the tangibles, good offense, can get off bottom, great gas tank, aggressive. His future looks bright. Besides getting pinned by Kaylor all of his losses have been close. Only criticism I have is that he seems to wrestle out of control at some points during the match. I believe that's how Kaylor stuck him. If he can manage that energy better and work on keeping up his offensive through the entire match I wouldn't be surprised to see him be R12 or hell even AA.
100% agree

Reactions: AtownPoke
Agree. He does seem to go passive after getting the first takedown. I would like for him to continue working his offense and extending his lead.

As I see it getting off bottom is still a weakness of his.

I see what John is saying about them calling takedowns late. That last takedown seems like it should’ve been swipes. Heck of a way to start!

I see what John is saying about them calling takedowns late. That last takedown seems like it should’ve been swipes. Heck of a way to start!
Nice come back for Spratley being aggressive and pulling off a major after losing the 1st period. Daton gets the takedown in the 3rd period for the win. He was not very aggressive or impressive, but won.

I like Jamison’s double legs. He gets there quick and is strong enough to finish. What do what makes some guys getting the double eggs? Seems like a more sure way to get a takedown than a single leg, less chance for scrambles.

Fortunately it seemed pretty minor. Tagen dominated the 3rd period and wins 16-5. 11-0 Cowboys.
Good match for Jamison with powerful takedowns in the 1st and 3rd periods. Lost the aggression in the 2nd period and put himself in situations where he got hurt some giving up his leg several times. Williams didn't quit got a takedown against a multi all american and got close at the end of the match. A step forward for Williams with losing a fairly close decision.

Last edited:
Teague had an interesting match strategy. Not very aggressive. You’d think with his opponent being so big that Teague would want to go hard and wear him out. But what do I know lol

Reactions: skylinepoke
Teague had an interesting match strategy. Not very aggressive. You’d think with his opponent being so big that Teague would want to go hard and wear him out. But what do I know lol
Travis lost by decision with his opponent scoring off reshot or off a scramble off Teague's shot. Olejinik got a decision off a former Cowboy back up that he probably should have majored.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT