ADVERTISEMENT

IK State v, Oregon State

Surber's injury must be different than what I thought it was. He has looked better, but the he has a better chance of healing what has sloed him than what I heard he had.

Surber's injury must be different than what I thought it was. He has looked better, but the he has a better chance of healing what has sloed him than what I heard he had.
I haven’t heard anything so feel like it’s ok to speculate. Underneath his knee pad or sleeve I think his right one maybe was wrapped also. He also clearly limped off.

Reactions: bwel9339
Jamison got taken down by Belton with a double leg blast, which lost him the match.
I thought this last weekend we took a step back as a team. Now this next weekend we could take a step and a half forward which is what we need to do. I thought Spratley wrestled poorly trying to muscle and push his opponent and he just blundered into trouble over and over. It reminded me of his match with Lilledahl where he tried to muscle and just got out slicked by a bunch. Daton wrestled great in that he went after takedowns over and over instead of as he does sometimes where he gets a decision against a guy, he should tech. Jamison earned the loss and Coach Smith said it sucked. Alvarez wrestled okay but if he doesn't improve a bunch he will score very few points at Nationals. I wish Williams would figure out how to wrestle and win the position and this year could help him develop to a real good wrestler. However, he has wrestled poorly for a year and hasn't figured out his way doesn't work and so who knows. Teague was solid but has some real challenges ahead. Olejnik wrestled good. Breyden won against a good opponent but I would like to see him start to beat his opponents like he did against Oklahoma. Dustin wrestled good. Surber wasn't very good and would score maybe 1 point at Nationals wrestling like that. Doucette pulls out another and you have to give him credit but at Nationals you have to score more to advance very far. This next weekend is big to keep this Program moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
I thought this last weekend we took a step back as a team. Now this next weekend we could take a step and a half forward which is what we need to do. I thought Spratley wrestled poorly trying to muscle and push his opponent and he just blundered into trouble over and over. It reminded me of his match with Lilledahl where he tried to muscle and just got out slicked by a bunch. Daton wrestled great in that he went after takedowns over and over instead of as he does sometimes where he gets a decision against a guy, he should tech. Jamison earned the loss and Coach Smith said it sucked. Alvarez wrestled okay but if he doesn't improve a bunch he will score very few points at Nationals. I wish Williams would figure out how to wrestle and win the position and this year could help him develop to a real good wrestler. However, he has wrestled poorly for a year and hasn't figured out his way doesn't work and so who knows. Teague was solid but has some real challenges ahead. Olejnik wrestled good. Breyden won against a good opponent but I would like to see him start to beat his opponents like he did against Oklahoma. Dustin wrestled good. Surber wasn't very good and would score maybe 1 point at Nationals wrestling like that. Doucette pulls out another and you have to give him credit but at Nationals you have to score more to advance very far. This next weekend is big to keep this Program moving in the right direction.
I agree with what you posted.

My fear watching sunday's match was that we looked tired and beat down. John is known for his brutal January and February workouts and I was hoping that he would ease up on them. The last time UNI came to town may have been one of our most embarrassing matches ever. We were gassed and mentally drained going into that match.

Last edited:
Well said

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT