157 Travis vs. Cael Swenson #20
165 Olejnik v. Tanner Cook #62
174 Thompson v. Cade Devos #5
184 Plott v. Berge #7
197 nSurber v. Tanner Sloan #4
285 Doucet v. Rasmussen #60
SDAK st rankings by wrestle stat.

Reactions: PoOsKuE
Looking ahead to this dual has me thinking about B12 seeds for some of the guys. Tanner Jordan just beat Volk. If Spratley can get a win here He might be looking at the 1-2 seed opposite of Poulin? 125 is crazy even in the B12.

Sorry to get off topic. Just thinking out loud. Someone should start a thread on B12 seeds, its almost time.

Several good matchups here and another big opportunity for Thompson. Considering Devos' style I like BTs chances.

125: Revenge Match, Spratley is rolling, D Spratley (3-0)
133: The worst possible time to face Fix, MD (7-0)
141: D Jamison (10-0)
149: Breakout Match for JW (13-0)
157: Mr. Reliable (16-0)
165: Olejnik is due, MD at worse (20-0)
174: Things start to get interesting, Devos is an animal. Thompson’s D keeps it close (20-3)
184: Man on a Mission (23-3)
197: Sloan is an animal even with a fully healthy Surber (23-6)
285: One guarantee, this match will be 2-1 or 3-2 😊 (Cowboys 26-6)

Last edited:
What do we think about tonight? Didn’t realize sdsu was undefeated in conference. Looks like a tough match on paper.
Wrestlestats.com has it 21-9, 7 matches to 3. But 4 of those we are favored in should be very tough matches. They have Thompson picked over DeVos, surprised at that. If that and one other flipped its 5-5. We should be favored in bonus points but better be ready.

That wold be a massive win. I think Harley would call that jumping levels for a freshmen.
Thompson has already jumped a level considering his wrestling performance in Vegas (was poor) as compared to beating Valencia and beating Mocco on Sunday. A win over DeVos would continue that momentum and develop more self- confidence where he really looks like a strong candidate to All American as a true freshman. You are right OSUMATFAN a win over DeVos would further prove that his win against Mocco was not questionable and further the idea he has jumped a whole level. From the start of the year to now he would be my easy choice as most improved Cowboy wrestler. Although I did not like his match against Gaitan of Iowa State.

Troy wins 6 to 2 over an opponent that beat him in Vegas. He got 2 takedowns and over 4 minutes of riding time.
Fix wrestles good 1st 2 periods and then can't escape Cardinal in the 3rd period. For such a great wrestler he sometimes is poor on bottom He couldn't peel the hands when he stands up.. Wins by major instead of a tech fall.

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT