ADVERTISEMENT

OK State v. Pittsburgh 1/12 at Pitt

Look at Ohio St v Pitt scores, we looked pretty good. Surber has been out for a while & a bit rusty. Thompson is a Fr but getting better.
Pitt took it to Ohio State.
Oklahoma State was dominant, with a sick Surber (who looks as lean as he’s looked). That was a tough first match back for him.
OSU is on track to being back to a Top 3-5 Team.

Thompson just needs some more time. Last two matches have been discouraging but the takeaway from last night is that he wrestled the #15 guy poorly with little to no aggression and took him to overtime, had his chance to win the match when he got to a leg on the edge and let it go. Basically you can tell he was the better wrestler but just struggled to put together a complete match.

Thompson just needs some more time. Last two matches have been discouraging but the takeaway from last night is that he wrestled the #15 guy poorly with little to no aggression and took him to overtime, had his chance to win the match when he got to a leg on the edge and let it go. Basically you can tell he was the better wrestler but just struggled to put together a complete match.
I think he was too patient in waiting for something to open up. Needed to dictate the action a little more. I know he likes to be in close and work the elbow but he never got the chance.

Really great dual last night. Seems night and day from what we have seen the last couple of years which should give every Cowboy wrestling fan hope.

Pushing the pace, shooting early and trying to extend scores. Much more energy and focus. We went on the road and just thumped a solid top 15 team.

Some of the young guys are really showing up and it’s great to see. The vibe and body language on the bench also looks great among the staff and every wrestler.

Here you go Harley. The Alvarez match got skipped for some reason.

Thanks Wrassler. I got to watch 8 of the matches which I appreciate. I was really impressed with Spratley dominating Comacho before the pin. Daton dominated but he to was very frustrated with his poor performance in the 3rd period getting rode out. Very hard to understand, but he needs to be more explosive off the bottom because once a good wrestler gets his legs in Daton struggles. Jamison has been steady, consistent very good wrestler. Teague Travis improvement since the beginning of the year has been stunning ( he has actually jumped a level in season which has been very rare). Oljinik keeps winning. Plott really wrestled strong the last half of the match and dominated a good wrestler. Doucette continues to win close matches against a good opponent. Very good, win last night. The Thompson match was missed also but that match may have just frustrated me. Surber looked thin and of course did not wrestle good except his defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT