ADVERTISEMENT

OK State v. S Dak St.

Looking ahead to B12 seeds:

With the win tonight I think Troy gets the 1 seed

Daton also gets the 1

Tagen gets the 2

If Williams beats McDougal next week he gets the 4.

Teague gets the 4

Izzy gets the 4

Thompson gets the 5

Dustin gets the 2

Luke gets the 4

Konnor gets the 4

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45
I think Thompson went into his shell after he was taken down so quickly in the first period. He has had a very strong showing for a true freshman 174 pounder. He has learned a little from every match. You should expect ups and downs for freshmen and especially heavier true freshmen.

Sorry, I meant are you implying he had a hard time making weight and because of that didn’t have energy? Inquiring, not arguing.
He needs to manage his weight better and that’s all I’ll say. Little banged up also but will be fine. I’m sure it’s a lesson learned. We need him to be ready for Iowa big time in a couple weeks.

He needs to manage his weight better and that’s all I’ll say. Little banged up also but will be fine. I’m sure it’s a lesson learned. We need him to be ready for Iowa big time in a couple weeks.
Seem like that happens to all of them at some point. Hopefully it is a lesson learned and never happens again.

Reactions: Howie_Fartz
During Williams match I was continually reminded of freshman Kenny Monday and was thinking that all Williams lacked in that comparison was the pinning ability and then bam! A perfect Monday-esk cradle and the pin. I love watching the kid.
He’s coming on. The one thing I want to see from him is what Coleman touched on and that’s to be able to go get a td without trying anything fancy. I think all his TDs at Mizzou and last night were counters to shots? Love the cradles though.

Reactions: bwel9339
Plott looked super lean as a 174
Thompson definitely looks thick.
He is super strong, and wasn’t going to out strength the #4 guy in the Nation.

Both Thompson and Williams have the opportunity to be very, very good.

Plott looked super lean as a 174
Thompson definitely looks thick.
He is super strong, and wasn’t going to out strength the #4 guy in the Nation.

Both Thompson and Williams have the opportunity to be very, very good.
The only negatives for me were 1) Daton's 3rd period 2)Thompson just didn;t look as confident as he has been 3) Plott taken down twice

The only negatives for me were 1) Daton's 3rd period 2)Thompson just didn;t look as confident as he has been 3) Plott taken down twice
You nailed it.
Was weird to see a guy up 15-4 being ridden out. Definitely Daton’s weakest aspect.
Would have been a horrible loss for Plott. Was really glad he pulled it out.
Thompson rarely looks intimidated, his demeanor was noticeably different.

Last edited:
During Williams match I was continually reminded of freshman Kenny Monday and was thinking that all Williams lacked in that comparison was the pinning ability and then bam! A perfect Monday-esk cradle and the pin. I love watching the kid.
Every match I've seen Williams looks small yet has the strength to compete, look at how few can hold a D1 guy in a cradle these days much less hit it twice. Just think as he adds more muscle mass, Monday was similar.

You nailed it.
Was weird to see a guy up 15-4 being ridden out. Definitely Daton’s weakest aspect.
Would have been a horrible loss for Plott. Was really glad he pulled it out.
Thompson rarely looks intimidated, his demeanor was noticeably different.
Not the first time I’ve seen something like that happen to a stud. Remember dierenger’s senior year and won by a major despite being ridden by the mizzou kid for an entire period at a home dual? He paid the kid back in nationals in the semi final round though.

Not the first time I’ve seen something like that happen to a stud. Remember dierenger’s senior year and won by a major despite being ridden by the mizzou kid for an entire period at a home dual? He paid the kid back in nationals in the semi final round though.
Yes, agreed it’s not the first time & things like this happen. Was merely trying to point out my feeling as it was happening as well as that it seems like bottom is the weakest part of Daton’s game.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed it’s not the first time & after things like this happen. Was merely trying to point out my feeling as it was happening as well as that it seems like bottom is the weakest part of Daton’s game.
I think bottom is his weakness and this has occurred with some frequency. It really hurt him in the NCAA finals against RBY. His not shooting enough in big matches has been costly also. Sometimes even against mismatched opponents he seems to struggle pulling the trigger. I do think he deserves a National Championship and I hope he gets it. He did get robbed against Suriano. I blame Coach Smith some for this by using his challenge chance on fingers to the eyes early in the match. The lack of a headgear call still hurts, but he shouldn't have quit wrestling either. As I type this it still hurts. I imagine this will be a painful memory Daton will carry his whole life. I seem to remember Daton winning a big match with the same call earlier in the year. A win this year in the finals would likely lessen any previous disappointment.

He would prob have at least 2 titles of he could just clear his mind and wrestle. Much easier said than done but my thought it whatever he’s been doing the last few times he’s made the finals just do the opposite this year if he makes it. Instead of hanging out in the hotel room, go for a walk or go to the arena and be around the intensity.

Reactions: bwel9339
You are right but the comparison is not the same because Daniel Lewis was a 4 time All American who's number 1 strength was how tough he was on top. The SDSU kid number 1 strength is on the top position, but he isn't near that quality of wrestler. I sort of remember them wrestling again and Lewis could not ride Alex again, as you indicated. This could be like a Biden memory though. In other words wrong.

Harley:
Keep the political crap off the website.
Donald Trump Wwe GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT