ADVERTISEMENT

OK State v. UNI

When it happens with consistent frequency, it’s not good for the sport.

Wrestling almost died during the 19 of Iowa. It got pretty down when we were dominating the early 2000s. It almost lost Olympic status recently. Exciting, down to the wire finishes are best for the sport…not juggernaut status.

It’s flourishing right now, but Wrestling is a sport that can’t squash the idea of winning. I know who I wrestled every time I got second or fourth and I can’t tell you 20% of who I wrestled when I won 1st or 3rd.
That is because you won more matches than I did.

When it happens with consistent frequency, it’s not good for the sport.

Wrestling almost died during the 19 of Iowa. It got pretty down when we were dominating the early 2000s. It almost lost Olympic status recently. Exciting, down to the wire finishes are best for the sport…not juggernaut status.

It’s flourishing right now, but Wrestling is a sport that can’t squash the idea of winning. I know who I wrestled every time I got second or fourth and I can’t tell you 20% of who I wrestled when I won 1st or 3rd.

You contradict yourself. You said when one schools wins with consistent frequency it is not good for the sport yet you later say wrestling is flourishing now.

I don't know if your premise is even accurate. Do ratings and attendance drop? I don't know if the programs make more or less money one way or the other.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
You contradict yourself. You said when one schools wins with consistent frequency it is not good for the sport yet you later say wrestling is flourishing now.

I don't know if your premise is even accurate. Do ratings and attendance drop? I don't know if the programs make more or less money one way or the other.
It was an intended statement of contradiction.

Wrestling at many schools found itself on the ropes or knocked out very recently. A lot of that has to do with the dominance of Penn State. The other “a lot of it” has to do with the overall NCAA climate.

Those problems are masked by and cloaked with outstanding international success by the USA and the emergence of female participation. Wrestling is on the rise, and it’s in spite of, not because of PSU.

Reactions: AtownPoke
It was an intended statement of contradiction.

Wrestling at many schools found itself on the ropes or knocked out very recently. A lot of that has to do with the dominance of Penn State. The other “a lot of it” has to do with the overall NCAA climate.

Those problems are masked by and cloaked with outstanding international success by the USA and the emergence of female participation. Wrestling is on the rise, and it’s in spite of, not because of PSU.
😍😍😍

1million%

Wrestling is exploding due to wrestling being a fantastic sport and Girls wrestling has been phenomenally successful thus far. That popularity is stocking the pond in college but college interest isn’t up due to PSU. No one other than PSU fans have hope and that’s a very bad thing for the sport

Men’s wrestling has turned into a lot of the women’s sports to an extent with the lack of parody. When the season starts and you already know what team is going to win, it sucks.

Not good for the sport at the college level.

Reactions: AtownPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT