ADVERTISEMENT

OK State v. S Dak St.

But was a good time to work on bottom, had the major pretty well locked up. Someone might choose top on him.
Jamison wins on takedown in over time. Score was 5 to 5 because SDSU got a takedown and Jamison got an escape with 2 seconds left to tie. SDSU controlled Jamison's head which troubled him.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Thompson got outwrestled and lost 9 to 3.
Plott pulls out the match in overtime with a takedown. In the 3rd he needed a takedown and ride out to get to overtime which he did. Nothing in the 1st 2 periods but big at the end of the 3rd period and he was big in overtime. Berge is tough but Plott was a little tougher.

Last edited:
4-0 Dec Sloan over Surber. Close match with only a reversal, stale, and RT at 1:40ish.

Plott pulls out the match in overtime with a takedown. In the 3rd he needed a takedown and ride out to get to overtime which he did. Nothing in the 1st 2 periods but big at the end of the 3rd period and he was big in overtime. Berge is tough bit Plott was a little tougher.
Sloan is just better than Surber and wins 4 to 0. I think Sloan could ride Surber all day if he needed to. 2nd period Surber foolishly gives up a reversal instead of an escape, which meant the match was done.

Somethings that stood out to me:

Spratley getting to legs is nothing we haven’t seen but his top game is really improving!

JW is the guy at 49 and he looked like he was feeling it. His body language said it all, moving his feet and he’s going for it and looking to score!

Teague struggles with big 57s but gutted out the win. Another year in the weight room and lookout!

Thompson needs better weight management and discipline. That’s the problem.

I’m totally good with Surbers performance considering his injuries this season.

Who was that and what did they do with Konnor Doucet???? Lol, in all seriousness that was a HUGE step in the right direction for our Cowboy heavyweight. Yes, he got sloppy but, if he can build off of that he’s going to definitely be in AA contention.

I thought Troy wrestled his best match so far. He knew he couldn't give up a takedown as the SDS kid can ride. Troy was focused the entire match and used his strength to bully the other wrestler at times. It is nice to have a decent size 125 pounder who is aggressive and looks to score.
I am very excited with Williams' performance. With more strength and experience, he will be fun to watch the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT