ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam matchups

I don't agree with that. They awarded Picklo a TD in SV1 with no f'n control.

24-6 OSU

Last edited:
HWT - Doucet was leading 1-0 in the 3rd and almost had RT but got reversed and couldn't escape. Drops a 2-1 DEC. The goon HWT is a douchebag.

34-9 OSU FINAL

Reactions: bwel9339
Well we looked good in the 7 wins. Very solid and aggressive. The 3 losses are head scratchers but not surprising - JW got discouraged and kinda gave up, BT and KD tried to eke out a 1 move win and it didn’t work. Will sure miss our seniors!

197 - Surber with a 17-2 TF.

34-6 OSU
Spratley and Jamison came out explosive with 1st period pins. Good wrestling. Daton, Luke and Dustin dominated weak opponents. But good wrestling. Teague and Olejinik wrestled solid and got solid wins against overmatched opponents. Doucet rode but messed up at the end and so Heinselman got to really give it to the Cowboys with his ugly celebration. Williams earned that loss and looked like his old self finding a way to lose by not really turning it on. Thompson wrestled horrible, doing nothing makes me wonder if Doucet is coaching him. Beat a Sooner 9 to 0 earlier in the year and then puts out this pitiful effort. The match was given to him with the penalty and then he continues backing up doing nothing and rightfully was called for stalling. Easy win but I don't feel very good about this win. Every close match we lost.

Spratley and Jamison came out explosive with 1st period pins. Good wrestling. Daton, Luke and Dustin dominated weak opponents. But good wrestling. Teague and Olejinik wrestled solid and got solid wins against overmatched opponents. Doucet rode but messed up at the end and so Heinselman got to really give it to the Cowboys with his ugly celebration. Williams earned that loss and looked like his old self finding a way to lose by not really turning it on. Thompson wrestled horrible, doing nothing makes me wonder if Doucet is coaching him. Beat a Sooner 9 to 0 earlier in the year and then puts out this pitiful effort. The match was given to him with the penalty and then he continues backing up doing nothing and rightfully was called for stalling. Easy win but I don't feel very good about this win. Every close match we lost.
Maybe the coaches will use those points to fire the guys up for Iowa and Big 12+

I walked out after a 34-9 win but I feel like we lost.
Williams and Doucet have to learn more than 1 move and try something different. I know it is too late in the season and we don't have anyone else but Thompson has quit. That was embarrassing to watch!

It's who competes the best against the competition that matters. Who wins in the room only goes so far
Does Alvarez win today? I have to believe a focused Carter Young wins this with 2 takedowns or more but might lose the ranking match. Williams doesn’t have a quality win in college, not saying he won’t, not giving up yet either.

Does Alvarez win today? I have to believe a focused Carter Young wins this with 2 takedowns or more but might lose the ranking match. Williams doesn’t have a quality win in college, not saying he won’t, not giving up yet either.
A focused Williams probably wins that match too. McDougal is a tank and hard to scramble with or take down… Coleman’s got his notepad though haha so they just need to adjust the game plan. McDougal doesn’t have much offense.

Thompsons loss doesn’t surprise, Picklo is hard to take down, Thompson would need to take multiple shots like Plott last year, would like to see him and others to commit to hard rides, that’s one way to win close matches.

A focused Williams probably wins that match too. McDougal is a tank and hard to scramble with or take down… Coleman’s got his notepad though haha so they just need to adjust the game plan. McDougal doesn’t have much offense.
Williams has lost to him twice…. I agree focus is a problem

First time all year, we lost the close ones we’ve seen it for the past 10, so feel fortunate with any kind of effort at those three ways we could’ve shut them out

From the eye test Williams mightve tweaked a little something in that first scramble where he gave up the TD. He was slightly gimpy when he got up. He wasn’t moving his feet nearly as much and showing the body language you like to see. He’s got to get mean and finish those TDs! He also seemed a little low in the gas tank the third period. Wondering about his discipline with his cut? Which brings me to Thompson who needs a ton of work on his weight management. That’s his biggest issue. Yes he’s a true freshman I know, but he needs to get it figured out. And hopefully before next Sunday!

Not much to say about Doucet. He did what he does and if guys can figure something out like the OU kid today he’s always gonna be a reversal away from losing.

Thompsons loss doesn’t surprise, Picklo is hard to take down, Thompson would need to take multiple shots like Plott last year, would like to see him and others to commit to hard rides, that’s one way to win close matches.
Thompson learned more by going SV than he would have by winning via TV. But he should already know how to keep from being called for stalling, especially in the last 20s.

Williams in on the legs 3 separate times and couldn’t covert but gave up a TD off a scramble. Late in the match it looked like he gave up mentally. Not his best at all
I think he tweaked his knee or something in the scramble in the first. He was limping around even had trouble getting down to cover.
Still needs to figure some things out to finish but love his quickness!

Best I could tell all Thompson needed to do was attempt a shot in the last 10 seconds, and he would have won 2-1. He just does not seem to have much offense.

Best I could tell all Thompson needed to do was attempt a shot in the last 10 seconds, and he would have won 2-1. He just does not seem to have much offense.
Had no gas left in the tank. He's got to get it together with his diet and weight management. Hes NOT a huge 74. Plott was bigger last year but miles ahead when it comes to discipline.

Reactions: bwel9339 and DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT