ADVERTISEMENT

OK STATE VS. IOWA STATE

I really don’t understand the refs tonight. Tons of subjective calls (or lack of calls) that I completely disagreed with. Not that I’m an expert but there’s been probably one head scratcher each match.
Great team win with Spratley just holding on for the win. He struggles when at the end of the match his opponent puts pressure on. He needs to get a 2nd and even 3rd takedown instead of shutting down. Daton wrestled real good with lots of takedowns. I thought Jamison was going to lose in overtime and had not come close to his opponents' legs while his opponent was close a number of times but he pulls out the match with a hardworking takedown in overtime. Alvarez lost when he was behind and went for the takedown at the end in desperation and got taken down. I think we should go with the young guy Williams. Teague is just solid and worked hard for a few takedowns for an important win. Olejinik is not in Carr's class but few are. He is just too strong, too quick and too skilled. However, Carr did not get a major which is a plus for Olejinik. Thompson wrestled his standard match but got beat where he defended a takedown but did not back away when they rose and boom bear hugged for a takedown. Plott wrestled great but probably rode his opponent too long but really nothing to complain about. Then I was thinking Jersey Robb hold it to a decision and all of a sudden Jersey recognized I am better than this guy and dominated on his feet with quickness and explosiveness. Konnor was not going to beat Bastida because of the talent difference. I enjoyed watching that dual.

Great team win with Spratley just holding on for the win. He struggles when at the end of the match his opponent puts pressure on. He needs to get a 2nd and even 3rd takedown instead of shutting down. Daton wrestled real good with lots of takedowns. I thought Jamison was going to lose in overtime and had not come close to his opponents' legs while his opponent was close a number of times but he pulls out the match with a hardworking takedown in overtime. Alvarez lost when he was behind and went for the takedown at the end in desperation and got taken down. I think we should go with the young guy Williams. Teague is just solid and worked hard for a few takedowns for an important win. Olejinik is not in Carr's class but few are. He is just too strong, too quick and too skilled. However, Carr did not get a major which is a plus for Olejinik. Thompson wrestled his standard match but got beat where he defended a takedown but did not back away when they rose and boom bear hugged for a takedown. Plott wrestled great but probably rode his opponent too long but really nothing to complain about. Then I was thinking Jersey Robb hold it to a decision and all of a sudden Jersey recognized I am better than this guy and dominated on his feet with quickness and explosiveness. Konnor was not going to beat Bastida because of the talent difference. I enjoyed watching that dual.
Spot on

The old gym hasn't been that loud since Picc's pin of Lee. I found myself listening to the crowd getting louder and louder as Jamison was getting control of the ISU guy. The takedown brought the noise full bore.
I was very happy to see the students attend tonight. I believe they were treated to a good time.

The old gym hasn't been that loud since Picc's pin of Lee. I found myself listening to the crowd getting louder and louder as Jamison was getting control of the ISU guy. The takedown brought the noise full bore.
I was very happy to see the students attend tonight. I believe they were treated to a good time.
I like this

That was a completely subjective call. But I think they clearly missed it and didn’t want to go back and reverse it due to the match being decided by that later takedown.

It doesn’t matter anyway. Thompson shouldn’t be in that position. I saw more aggression offensively from him tonight but still hasn’t opened up and fired any convincing shots since WV dual. Worst part about his losses are that he has been the better more talented wrestler.

I still don’t understand at all how the Brayden Thompson takedown wasn’t overturned. Can someone explain what they saw? Are BT feet even off the mat still consider in the circle vertically?
I can’t get the rule to copy and paste to cite the language but “Rule 2.4-In-Bounds” states “contestants are considered in bounds if any part of either wrestler is on or inside the boundary line”. It doesnt say any supporting point, so I guess the refs determined (and it looked to be true), Thompson’s feet were dangling midair inside the boundary line while all supporting points (both of Gaitan’s feet) were about 2’ out of bounds.

Harley and I disagree with who to go with at 149. Respect the hell out of Harley but I think Alverez (for one year) gives us best chance for points at nationals. But I get Williams argument. He reminds me a little of chandler rogers as he is a pin potential at any time.

Reactions: bwel9339
Harley and I disagree with who to go with at 149. Respect the hell out of Harley but I think Alverez (for one year) gives us best chance for points at nationals. But I get Williams argument. He reminds me a little of chandler rogers as he is a pin potential at any time.
I wouldn't question John & the coaches when it comes to wrestling but it seems mentally (for the wrestler) it would be best to pick one & go with it.

Defin
I wouldn't question John & the coaches when it comes to wrestling but it seems mentally (for the wrestler) it would be best to pick one & go with it
I wouldn't question John & the coaches when it comes to wrestling but it seems mentally (for the wrestler) it would be best to pick one & go with it.
Definitely not questioning John smith. This is a message board to share our opinions. John is honestly working to keep both wrestlers motivated this year with expectation of Williams being 149 next year. Tough job no doubt.

Defin

Definitely not questioning John smith. This is a message board to share our opinions. John is honestly working to keep both wrestlers motivated this year with expectation of Williams being 149 next year. Tough job no doubt.
It's America! You can & should question whatever the hell you want. I didn't mean that like it sounded in my previous post.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT