ADVERTISEMENT

IK State v, Oregon State

I also recall him committing to us, and then uncommitting and taking a break from wrestling only to recommit 🤷‍♂️
Which is why I said what I said…he’s a complicated individual. According to media availability, Williams didn’t go due a mild hamstring injury. Maybe he thought he was ready to go. Smith thought otherwise

How good was the win for Thompson? Looks like he beat the #12 165. Trying to get a feel for that.
I think he’s earned a lot of credit for what he has done so far. While also noting he needs to be more aggressive and I’m worried about his stamina. Honestly thought he didn’t have a chance in OT with how tired he looked but he got it.

A rather disappointing performance in front of a nice crowd!
I'm glad that gutted out some wins but it was a lackluster effort by most of our wrestlers. Our first two freshmen have to learn to bring it every match.
I hate that we are to the point where that’s a nice crowd. I want it full so damn bad

But how do you take Alvarez out of lineup now with wins over ranked kids in the last 3 weeks?
I’m with ya. I feel Sammy gives the team the best chance of contributing points in duals and tournaments this season at 49. That said, Sammy is here for one year, and Jordan is a huge factor for the team going forward with his freakish potential. It’s a delicate balance. Here’s hoping they both keep pushing each other and Jordan trusts the process and comes out better for it in the end. Was pleased Jordan came back out after his frustration to join the team on the bench.

If the plan was for him to go bc he was the better wrestler and gave us the best chance of winning then he would have. Coaches obviously have more confidence in Alvarez right now. And the way Williams responded probably left him in the dust.

A rather disappointing performance in front of a nice crowd!
I'm glad they gutted out some wins but it was a lackluster effort by most of our wrestlers. Our first two freshmen have to learn to bring it every match.
Oregon came to wrestle tonight. OKState squeaked out a few wins that could have gone either way. I’m glad they won though. Go pokes

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT