ADVERTISEMENT

OK State vs Iowa Predictions

DEWrestlingFan

Commitment
Aug 31, 2005
I know I am about two weeks early, but how do you all see it playing out? I got it 17-15 in favor of Ok State. Gonna be a great match to watch, with a lot of toss ups throughout the dual!

125: Ayala Dec 0-3
133: Fix Maj 4-3
141: Woods Dec 4-6
149: Williams Dec 7-6
157: Franek Dec 7-9
165: Olejnik Dec 10-9
174: Kennedy Dec 10-12
184: Plott Maj 14-12
197: Glazier Dec 14-15
HWT: Doucet Dec 17-15

I know I am about two weeks early, but how do you all see it playing out? I got it 17-15 in favor of Ok State. Gonna be a great match to watch, with a lot of toss ups throughout the dual!

Looks pretty good. This is at carver, so, it will be a true test. I’m very interested to see what spratley and Thompson do. Spratley is our team energizer bunny and Thompson has a knack to upset. It will be a good one though.

Looks pretty good. This is at carver, so, it will be a true test. I’m very interested to see what spratley and Thompson do. Spratley is our team energizer bunny and Thompson has a knack to upset. It will be a good one though.
Nah it's at GIA at least according to the website. Gonna come down to whether we can get those TDs and win those close matches. Iowa's going to be fired up - it's been an emotional season for them with the gambling bans, the Ferrari fiasco, and the PSU dual. Hopefully we can be fired up too but in a healthy way and show everyone that the Cowboys are back babyyyyyy

Wait it’s at Carver? The schedule says it’s a home match. Either way I agree about Spratley and Thompson I think they can definitely get the upsets.

Reactions: tom_v31

Surber over Glazier.

Feeling good about Thompson as well, not ready to make a pick yet.

Last edited:
Looking at the Intermat rankings, this dual should be tight. I think if Fix and Plott can both get bonus points then the match will come down to who wins at 149 and 197, which are both winnable for us but toss ups on paper. With bonus points we would ideally need to win one of those matches at said weights to take the dual.

Reactions: bwel9339

If you go to Carver next week, you’ll have a really good seat for the match. You can probably pick which one you want. Lol

Nah it's at GIA at least according to the website. Gonna come down to whether we can get those TDs and win those close matches. Iowa's going to be fired up - it's been an emotional season for them with the gambling bans, the Ferrari fiasco, and the PSU dual. Hopefully we can be fired up too but in a healthy way and show everyone that the Cowboys are back babyyyyyy

Are the Ferrari’s still involved with Iowa?

Here are the matchups for Iowa using Flo's latest rankings (2/12/24)
125 Spratley #7 v. Ayala #4. Troy has made a steady climb in recent duals and Ayala has been up and down. Close match but Ayala wins by dec.
133 Daton Fix #3 vs. Schriever #23. Major decision for Fix
141 Tagen Jamison #8 v. Real Woods #2. Jamison is not. fully healthy and Woods by a close decision.At this point it is 6-4 Iowa.
149 Jordan Williams #21 v. Rathjen #11. Williams is slick but inconsistent and
Rathjen wins by. decision 9-4 Iowa.
157 Teague Travis #11 vs. Jared Franek #5 Jared Franek wins by decision over Travis and Iowa ahead 12-4.
165 Olejnik #3 v. Caliendo #6 Olejnik wins by decision 12-7 Iowa
174 Thompson #24 vs. Kennedy #5. Kennedy is on a roll and wins by
dec. Iowa 15-7.
184 Plott #2 v Riggins NR. Plott wins by fall Iowa 15-13
197 Surber #17 vs. Glazier #12. If Surber were healthy he would win and I still pick him to win in a close decision Iowa 15-OK State 16
285 Doucet #8 vs. Hill NR Doucet by dec. OK state 19-15 over Iowa.In my estimation the key match is 197 and I am picking the upset over Glazier. If
Glazier wins it would be 18-13 Iowa and Doucet would need a pin for us
to win.

Reactions: JAY45
The Ferrari's are not in the room. I believe the youngest signed a letter of intent, but the older two are not on the team. That s-show at the open tournament made Brands think twice about the older two.
They are still around though. AJ keeps posting pics and videos from Iowas weight room

Here are the matchups for Iowa using Flo's latest rankings (2/12/24)
125 Spratley #7 v. Ayala #4. Troy has made a steady climb in recent duals and Ayala has been up and down. Close match but Ayala wins by dec.
133 Daton Fix #3 vs. Schriever #23. Major decision for Fix
141 Tagen Jamison #8 v. Real Woods #2. Jamison is not. fully healthy and Woods by a close decision.At this point it is 6-4 Iowa.
149 Jordan Williams #21 v. Rathjen #11. Williams is slick but inconsistent and
Rathjen wins by. decision 9-4 Iowa.
157 Teague Travis #11 vs. Jared Franek #5 Jared Franek wins by decision over Travis and Iowa ahead 12-4.
165 Olejnik #3 v. Caliendo #6 Olejnik wins by decision 12-7 Iowa
174 Thompson #24 vs. Kennedy #5. Kennedy is on a roll and wins by
dec. Iowa 15-7.
184 Plott #2 v Riggins NR. Plott wins by fall Iowa 15-13
197 Surber #17 vs. Glazier #12. If Surber were healthy he would win and I still pick him to win in a close decision Iowa 15-OK State 16
285 Doucet #8 vs. Hill NR Doucet by dec. OK state 19-15 over Iowa.In my estimation the key match is 197 and I am picking the upset over Glazier. If
Glazier wins it would be 18-13 Iowa and Doucet would need a pin for us
to win.
Not bad, i like Williams and I think Thompson is really good, especially against an aggressive, forward moving wrestler like Kennedy. Spratley is show he is super hot and woods has been underperforming. Thanks for your thoughts

Reactions: bwel9339
From an Iowa fan:

Ayala dec. Spratley (3-0 Hawks)
Can't lie - this one scares me. Spratley has looked so on and confident of late.

Fix major Schriever/Teske (4-3 Cowboys)

Woods dec Jamison (6-4 Hawks)
Woods is banged up though - perfect time for jamison to get a late double and sneak the win

Williams dec Rathjen (7-6 Cowboys)
Williams finally looks like the Williams of his sophomore year. That was a bad dude. Could be the most entertaining, high scoring match of the night

Franek dec Travis (9-7 Hawks)

Olejnik dec Caliedo (10-9 Cowboys)
2 super athletes. Will probably be low scoring, but a great watch for an egg head like myself.

Kennedy dec Thompson (12-10 Hawks)
Kennedy gets the late takedown to win

Plott major Riggins (14-12 Cowboys)

Glazier dec Surber (15-14 Hawks)

Doucet dec Kueter (17-15 Cowboys)

In what could be a literal back and forth match - you guys have the bonus advantage. Can't Wait!

From an Iowa fan:

Ayala dec. Spratley (3-0 Hawks)
Can't lie - this one scares me. Spratley has looked so on and confident of late.

Fix major Schriever/Teske (4-3 Cowboys)

Woods dec Jamison (6-4 Hawks)
Woods is banged up though - perfect time for jamison to get a late double and sneak the win

Williams dec Rathjen (7-6 Cowboys)
Williams finally looks like the Williams of his sophomore year. That was a bad dude. Could be the most entertaining, high scoring match of the night

Franek dec Travis (9-7 Hawks)

Olejnik dec Caliedo (10-9 Cowboys)
2 super athletes. Will probably be low scoring, but a great watch for an egg head like myself.

Kennedy dec Thompson (12-10 Hawks)
Kennedy gets the late takedown to win

Plott major Riggins (14-12 Cowboys)

Glazier dec Surber (15-14 Hawks)

Doucet dec Kueter (17-15 Cowboys)

In what could be a literal back and forth match - you guys have the bonus advantage. Can't Wait!
Not a bad take…pretty accurate outlook to me.

But, I think Spratley wins.

I think Williams freaks out and loses.

I think Thompson rebounds and wins in OT.

I think Plott gets a tech.

I think Surber gets the win.

Doucet might win on a stall or ride out, but I predict a loss.

So, the score sits similar.

Reactions: vhsalum
125 Spratley
133 Fix
141 Woods
149 Rathjen
157 Travis
165 Olejnik
174 Kennedy
184 Plott
197 Glazier
285 Doucet

I'm betting they bump Gabe Arnold up to 184 to wrestle. He still has some available matches and still keep his RS. I am very nervous about Olejnik vs. Caliendo. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks flip this match. Either way we will need at least 2 upsets to win. Looking at 125 and 197 as most likely, that's if Rathjen is a go at 149. Just don't think Williams has the head space to recover if something goes wrong.

I'm betting they bump Gabe Arnold up to 184 to wrestle. He still has some available matches and still keep his RS. I am very nervous about Olejnik vs. Caliendo. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks flip this match. Either way we will need at least 2 upsets to win. Looking at 125 and 197 as most likely, that's if Rathjen is a go at 149. Just don't think Williams has the head space to recover if something goes wrong.
So far, the cowboys have risen to every occasion this year, different than the past couple of years. If cowboys win this one, Smith should be in contention for coach of the year, and I believe I would say the same thing with my orange colored glasses off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT