ADVERTISEMENT

How do you think we would stack up?

Maybe too strong on names there?

My main point is he doesn’t look like a threat to AA and I don’t remember multiple time AAs or even good team guys with one AA that had this hard of a time?

Don’t mistake my comments as bashing a kid though. I think he’s very entertaining and has worlds of talent…just seems to visibly struggle.
It's that deer in the headlights look he gets when things don't go his way. As he matures I'd expect him to get back to his offense and try to create some different angles after he gets scored on or his opponent snubs his takedown attempt. Just get back after the guy.

I think your point is valid. That’s not to say he can’t or won’t have any major success this post season. His struggles appear to be mostly mental along with maturity issues. He has all the talent/skill you could ask for. Coach has really spoken highly of him the last several weeks about his growth as a person and his work ethic. Coach seems to be very committed to getting Williams on the right track and it’s probably bc he can see something special in him.

this what i was seeing when john told him to get off the floor and was coaching him all the way back to the locker room

i feel like john trying to reach this kid

Plenty of guys miss the podium their freshman year and go on to great careers that even include national titles. Chris Pendleton and Chris Perry come to mind for examples.
If recall correctly, Pendelton was redshirting that year, got thrown into the lineup late when starter injured and then he injured his knee in the conference tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT