ADVERTISEMENT

OK STATE vs NC STATE 1/5/24

I liked his excitement while doing the color. I thought he was going to stroke out during Daton's match and he showed his knowledge during Thompson's match. I couldn't tell from the tv but he was calling for a cradle long before Thompson hooked it up.
To me, wrestling has the thinnest bench of quality announcers, really even the guys that call the NCAA's are just okay. And don't even get me started in the guys who call our conference matches.

That color guy last night was absolute fire 🔥. It was a tie for me last night between him and Teague.

I think Rock wrestled at Virginia Tech. He calls all of the ACC matches on ESPN. Very good technically. I agree about Travis. He seems like the type of kid that will grow. Since he is wrestling a weight up he can grow physically as well as technically.

Is it just me or does it seem there is more team cohesiveness this year than prior years? Watching the bench last night and it seemed like everyone on the bench were up cheering for their teammate on the mat.

Also, LOL at whoever had Coach Smiths belt loop or waistband holding him back

Is it just me or does it seem there is more team cohesiveness this year than prior years? Watching the bench last night and it seemed like everyone on the bench were up cheering for their teammate on the mat.

Caldwell

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Deleted a post because I was wrong. Harrison did wrestle at UVA and has been a D1 official.

Thanks for the correction. I thought it was VA Tech, but easy mistake for me to make.

Caldwell is fearless… risked his life for a team point deduction

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT