#151 Ethan Teague Stillwater OK 165 OK

#116 Kruz Goff Blackwell OK 197 OK State

•Devon HarrisonLibertyMO133OK State

•Kaden Purler North Point MO 141 OK State

Flowrestling

Dee Lockett #3
Landon Robideau #7
Sergio Vega #8
Sure would be nice to see Correa up there in between Robideau and Vega or Vega and Routledge!

I think too little is made of the pickup of Kody Routledge. The kid is #15 pound-for-pound.
100%

I think people have a slightly underwhelming view of him because he’s a late bloomer and John didn’t want him. He also didn’t blow people away at Fargo. The kid has been jumping levels by leaps and bounds though and I think he’s a future hammer

Reactions: tom_v31
100%

I think people have a slightly underwhelming view of him because he’s a late bloomer and John didn’t want him. He also didn’t blow people away at Fargo. The kid has been jumping levels by leaps and bounds though and I think he’s a future hammer
I guess I’m one of those who has a underwhelming view as I’m pretty surprised how high Kody is on this P4P. Given his resume I would have expected him to be somewhere in the 30-40 range. I might just be hung up on all of his losses to Kael Voinovich which were over a year ago, but at the same time, he did not look great against a sophomore Melvin Miller just earlier this summer—the same guy who we saw Robideau manhandle while wrestling up a weight at WNO. If he has jumped levels, it’s not showing in the results yet.

He’s obviously very good, it just seems that he’s a tier below Dee, Vega, and Robideau right now.

Reactions: gyppoke and tom_v31
I guess I’m one of those who has a underwhelming view as I’m pretty surprised how high Kody is on this P4P. Given his resume I would have expected him to be somewhere in the 30-40 range. I might just be hung up on all of his losses to Kael Voinovich which were over a year ago, but at the same time, he did not look great against a sophomore Melvin Miller just earlier this summer—the same guy who we saw Robideau manhandle while wrestling up a weight at WNO. If he has jumped levels, it’s not showing in the results yet.

He’s obviously very good, it just seems that he’s a tier below Dee, Vega, and Robideau right now.
That’s all fair. My point is that the kid wasn’t even a finalist for state his fr or soph year. Hes absolutely a late bloomer and has come on a lot quickly. He also lost a one takedown match to Miller who ended up being the champ and is the #1 ranked soph in the country. Villasenor just beat Dom and then lost to an 8th grader at super 32. These young kids are way ahead.

And it’s a good point on Landon. I think he’s as good as #1 right now. He’s the steal of the class imo.

That’s all fair. My point is that the kid wasn’t even a finalist for state his fr or soph year. Hes absolutely a late bloomer and has come on a lot quickly. He also lost a one takedown match to Miller who ended up being the champ and is the #1 ranked soph in the country. Villasenor just beat Dom and then lost to an 8th grader at super 32. These young kids are way ahead.

And it’s a good point on Landon. I think he’s as good as #1 right now. He’s the steal of the class imo.
I think most of this group, besides obviously Dee, are all late bloomers. I love it. You can tell this staff has done their research. Wrestling is a difficult sport and burnout and injury is a real thing.

I really respect what Blaze is doing. No one has a clue. This kid is wrestling great wherever he wrestles at, and that is what he is focused on. Wrestling! Looking forward to see him no matter what school he ends up at. And can not wait to see him on the International scene.

I don't know anything but at this point there doesn't seem to much reason to have optimism when it comes to Blaze.

What are our chances with Jax Forrest?
I think we’ve been considered the favorite for a while now. That was partly because of his relationship with Coleman tho. Still think he’s really close with Zo and he seems to be good friends with Dee. Plus you know, DT.

Like others have said though If our wrestlers jump levels and we perform at nationals the flood gates could open.

If not OSU, then it has to be Purdue for Blaze. We don’t talk much about the young core of wrestlers OhSt has:

125-McCrone - So Ranked #17
Kilkeary R-Fr

133-Bouzakis So #15
Davino Fr

141-Mendez Jr w/ a RS available #2

149/157-Maddox Shaw -HS-Sr

157/165-Vince Bouzakis- HS-Sr

174-Welsh So w/ a RS available #3

184-Rogotzki So w/ a RS #18

197-Geog So #11
Shumate So

285-Feldman So #3

These are just guys with 2 or more years left after this year. They have 3 or 4 guys that could be finalists this year plus 125 is liable to be a wild weight again. If their lineup holds and talented guys like Rogotzki get their footing, they could have 6 or 7 guys with finalist potential in 2 years with Blaze in their lineup as a So or R-Fr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT