ADVERTISEMENT

The Good and Bad

These rating would give us 3 All Americans and a poor finish at Nationals. Also, when I hear about Merrill and Carroll with weights, I can't help but think it won't work out good for us based on our recent past. But a guy can always hope. It seemed Merrill at 197 and Carroll at HWT felt better.
I did just watch California HWT finals where Merrill beat Sahakian 3 to 2 with a takedown in the 2nd period. Sahakian is about a head taller.

So who wins and how dominant when Carroll and Doucette wrestle?

Just an all-around ass-whuppin. We need replacements at 197 and HWT.

These rating would give us 3 All Americans and a poor finish at Nationals. Also, when I hear about Merrill and Carroll with weights, I can't help but think it won't work out good for us based on our recent past. But a guy can always hope. It seemed Merrill at 197 and Carroll at HWT felt better.

I think peoples expectations for the NCAA tournament this year are wildly out of control because of our dual meet success. We are a MUCH better dual team than a tournament team, just look at Cliff Keen and it doesn't matter that it was early in the year. Izzy is an absolute stud but 165 is a meat grinder and with a bad draw he could not place, he is going to have to wrestle extremely and unfortunately he is trending in the opposite direction

I think our rock bottom is 2 All Americans, Fix and Plott.

Personally, I think Spratley, Fix, Izzy, Plott and Williams will AA. I like the way Williams is wrestling and how aggressive he is, he is going to pull off an upset

I think peoples expectations for the NCAA tournament this year are wildly out of control because of our dual meet success. We are a MUCH better dual team than a tournament team, just look at Cliff Keen and it doesn't matter that it was early in the year. Izzy is an absolute stud but 165 is a meat grinder and with a bad draw he could not place, he is going to have to wrestle extremely and unfortunately he is trending in the opposite direction

Personally, I think Spratley, Fix, Izzy, Plott and Williams will AA. I like the way Williams is wrestling and how aggressive he is, he is going to pull off an upset
I think they all AA…

I'm surprised Jamison isnt on that list. He's just as or more more likely to AA than Spratley. Tagen has wrestled everyone in the top 14 (Intermat) except Bartlett and Mendes and his worst loss is by 3 points I think? THATS INSANE! He has 1 loss outside the top 10. He lost to #4 (Jack) in the last 10 secs, and has wins over #6,7,10,11,12,13,14. Its very likely he gets the 1 seed now at B12s w/ only one B12 loss compared to the rest of the B12 field. He has a great shot to get to the finals and should get a solid seed at NCAAs.

We all know Williams is talented. He needs a great B12s to have a better shot to AA in KC.

Daton and Plott are locks for AA. Then I would say Jamison has the next best chance . After that I would say Olejnik then Spratley. I would say 4 AA max. My guess would be 2

Daton and Plott are locks for AA. Then I would say Jamison has the next best chance . After that I would say Olejnik then Spratley. I would say 4 AA max. My guess would be 2
Izzy needs to take 3rd at B12s to get the best seed possible at NCAAs. To do that he'll have to beat Hall twice in Tulsa. But, it will give him a better seed at NCAAs. If teague can beat Mauller again in the quarters of the B12 then he has a great chance to beat Zerban and make the finals. This could put him in a top 8 seed at NCAAs. But 157 is deeeep and solid all the way to #16 (Will Lewan, hard to believe).

Reactions: DPJ and west2east
Izzy needs to take 3rd at B12s to get the best seed possible at NCAAs. To do that he'll have to beat Hall twice in Tulsa. But, it will give him a better seed at NCAAs. If teague can beat Mauller again in the quarters of the B12 then he has a great chance to beat Zerban and make the finals. This could put him in a top 8 seed at NCAAs. But 157 is deeeep and solid all the way to #16 (Will Lewan, hard to believe).
Agree and exactly why I didn't list Teague 157 is so deep and he hasnt shown me that he can win 3 tough matches in a row yet. Agree on Olejnik as well seed will be important for him.

I think Olejnik will bounce back for the post season and AA. Along with Plott and Fix. Wild cards are Jaminson and Spratley. I give better odds to Spratley to AA at this point, also because 125 is a crap shoot. Spratley held is own against Alaya and if those two met again I bet Spratley would beat him. Jaminson needs to push the pace and get to his offense. If he can, he should AA because he is very difficult to takedown.

Reactions: bwel9339
He is going to wrestle 211,this summer two weeks ago it was down to 214 so he’s right where he wants to be 197 will not be a problem because he lives his life right he knows his body very smart about nutrition will be very fast and explosive at this weight
97kg is 213

Spratly should be anywhere from 5 to 8. Jamison should be anywhere from 6 to 8. Dayton should be two everything else looks pretty close. Spratly at 13 is a joke.
New Coaches Rankings came out today.
125 #10
133 #2
141 #8
149 #18
157 #10
165 #7
174 #20
184 #2
197 #20
285 #11

If we wrestle well at B12 with a few weights, specifically at 149, 157 and 174 wrestling above seeds than we should have some favorable seeding at nationals considering where some guys are currently ranked. I personally think the Coaches Poll has more accuracy as to where guys will end up come NCAA's than Flo, Intermat, or Wrestlestat at this point.

Christian Carroll was weighing 217 on February 10th after practice. He will be ready to go at U23 at 97 kg or 213.8 pounds. I do not think you get how focused Christian Carroll is, and he will manage his weight. This will not be a hard cut for him if he does it correctly (he will do it correctly) He won the U20 last year at 125 kg pretty much kicking everyone's butt. Do not worry about Christian and not being healthy at 197 as he seems to do everything in his life correctly. He is incredbly quick and a takedown machine.

Christian Carroll was weighing 217 on February 10th after practice. He will be ready to go at U23 at 97 kg or 213.8 pounds. I do not think you get how focused Christian Carroll is, and he will manage his weight. This will not be a hard cut for him if he does it correctly (he will do it correctly) He won the U20 last year at 125 kg pretty much kicking everyone's butt. Do not worry about Christian and not being healthy at 197 as he seems to do everything in his life correctly. He is incredbly quick and a takedown machine.
Sign me up!

I'm surprised Jamison isnt on that list. He's just as or more more likely to AA than Spratley. Tagen has wrestled everyone in the top 14 (Intermat) except Bartlett and Mendes and his worst loss is by 3 points I think? THATS INSANE! He has 1 loss outside the top 10. He lost to #4 (Jack) in the last 10 secs, and has wins over #6,7,10,11,12,13,14. Its very likely he gets the 1 seed now at B12s w/ only one B12 loss compared to the rest of the B12 field. He has a great shot to get to the finals and should get a solid seed at NCAAs.
I like Jamison but his style worries me for nationals, I could see him losing 2 close matches. He could also win a bunch of matches 4-3 and place. Kid has a bright future for sure

it would be approximately 60 points which would be somewhere in the 6 to 10 range.

I hope he rubs off on a few of the others particularly the freshman.

This is good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Now the big question becomes how does Merrill stack up at 285 if he’s apparently even shorter than Carroll? Is this an issue?

This is good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Now the big question becomes how does Merrill stack up at 285 if he’s apparently even shorter than Carroll? Is this an issue?
Him being a short is going to be an issue.

BUT - he's athletic as all hell himself. Great feet and some unreal power in his hands and his hips. Look at his matches with Sahakian - he's not going to be blowing people out, but he's going to be a winner and just fine at Hwvy.

BUT - he's athletic as all hell himself. Great feet and some unreal power in his hands and his hips. Look at his matches with Sahakian - he's not going to be blowing people out, but he's going to be a winner and just fine at Hwvy.
So it sounds like you’re saying it won’t be an issue.

Seeding at 133 will be huge for Fix. I really hope Vito can get the #1 seed. Then Fix at #2 or #3, avoiding Vito until the finals. I don't think anyone but Vito can beat Fix.

Seeding at 133 will be huge for Fix. I really hope Vito can get the #1 seed. Then Fix at #2 or #3, avoiding Vito until the finals. I don't think anyone but Vito can beat Fix.
I am really hoping this is where Coleman is going to earn his pay. Brining a new perspective into the postseason for mental preparation and training for our guys is going to be key. I hope he can provide some guidance on those things and his voice is heard, especially the mental aspect for guys like Fix. That area seems to be something that has held him back from winning a title. He has to let it fly, create action and get into scrambles.

How many hwt are 6”5 268. Not many and that kid has not scored a point in two matches well, I’m not saying escapes Your right he will be just fine because he will be a better wrestler than 90 percent of the HWT

Reactions: vhsalum and tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT