Recruit
Jul 16, 2022
125 - none
133 - Fix 2nd
141.- none
149 - none
157 - none
165 - Izzy 6th
174 - Plott 6th (5th after Brands is removed from the gambling suspension)
184 - Witlake 11th
197 - Surber 11th
Hvy - none

Team - Ranked 10th in tournament p4p with 38 team points (Penn State is ranked 1st with a project 141 points)

As bad as it looks, this is probably a rock bottom prediction as they don't give us points at any other weight due to freshman/transfers but we have live bodies at 125, 141, 149 and possibly Heavy. 157 looks to be our only real hole in the lineup if they don't redshirt Carroll.

Carroll is ready to go. He wil not grow and he is very strong now and I doubt any additional weight lifting will benefit him. The guy will be the quickest heavyweight wrestling in the NCAA next year. He is special and has a few things to work on early, but strenght is not a problem for him as is most upper weight freshman.

Carroll is ready to go. He wil not grow and he is very strong now and I doubt any additional weight lifting will benefit him. The guy will be the quickest heavyweight wrestling in the NCAA next year. He is special and has a few things to work on early, but strenght is not a problem for him as is most upper weight freshman.

He will grow into his body physically and from a strength standpoint even if he doesn’t put on much weight.

A RS would no question be good for him but he is good enough to go right away and we might need/want him to but strategically it would benefit him.

Of course this is not the call of the board, but if I have ever seen a heavyweight that is ready to go one it would be he and Gable Stephenson.

Reactions: turfpoke
Only one way to find out but I think we all feel really good about where he’s at right now. He he looks ready to compete but at what level, AA? Lots of good SR’s at the top. I can see the benefit of him taking a RS but is that time really worth it if a guys is ready to go.

Reactions: osu2082
Other than the traditional escape issues Freshman have , Christian is ready to go. Best heavyweight on his feet we have seen at Oklahoma State. He is lightning fast and is not scared to initiate action.

Would be a perfect fit if he can stay healthy. What's going on at Minnesota? Seems like a lot of guys have transferred out this offseason.

Would be a perfect fit if he can stay healthy. What's going on at Minnesota? Seems like a lot of guys have transferred out this offseason.

Not sure but it's not affecting their recruiting......they are ranked #4 in 2024 recruiting rankings (Oklahoma State is not currently in the top 25)

Not sure but it's not affecting their recruiting......they are ranked #4 in 2024 recruiting rankings (Oklahoma State is not currently in the top 25)
That's because we only have 1 top 100 commitment after Beric decommitted

Where is Chirs Kiser on this list? He beat Beric in the state final this past season. He is committed to Michigan. Did he have any interest in coming to Okie State? Did he follow someone to Michigan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT