ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State vs. Penn State 2/21

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
I hesitate to post this but John says we are going and I expect it to be officially announced today. I do not anticipate a happy outcome as we are woefully outclassed and short handed in this dual. It will not give a true representation of our tournament strength and will be before a highly partisan crowd.

125 Eddie Klimara vs. Nico Megaludis
133 Gary Wayne Harding vs. Jordan Conaway
141 Dean Heil vs. Jimmy Gulibon
149 Anthony Collica vs. Zain Retherford
157 Ryan Blees vs. Jason Nolf
165 Alex Dierenger vs. Shakur Rasheed
174 Chandler Rogers vs. Bo Nickal
184 Nolan Boyd vs.Matt McCutcheon
197 Preston Weigel/ Andrew Marsden vs.Morgan McIntosh
285 Austin Marsden vs. Nick Nevills

I realistically think we are favored in only three weight classes. 141,165,285. I believe we will win these three and that we can compete at 149(I like the way Collica is wrestling now) and I think we can not only compete at 184 but I am picking this as the upset win. If we won the two weights where we are competitive and the three we are favored then it would be a five to five split. I only see bonus points for us at 165 and there could be bonus points for Penn State at 133157,174 and 197 so even if we split the matches we would probably lose. I do not like the fact that we are going and do not like this format at all but I understand we need to wrestle the best to get better but the deck is stacked against us.

Are Smith and Crutchmer not options to come back in time?

Another look at Nolf from Smith win it lose wouldn't be a bad thing and having Crutchmer get a feel for Nickal would be helpful as well in my opinion.

Obviously if they are not healthy then it's a non-issue.

Crutchmer is not even able to walk without crutches, he will not be there. Really do not think Smith will either. Looks like OU declined to participate with ISU and App State making the duals.

Rasheed might be done at 165 I think 133 is going to be interesting GWH and Conaway are very similar with gas tanks and grinding matches

I hesitate to post this but John says we are going and I expect it to be officially announced today. I do not anticipate a happy outcome as we are woefully outclassed and short handed in this dual. It will not give a true representation of our tournament strength and will be before a highly partisan crowd.

125 Eddie Klimara vs. Nico Megaludis
133 Gary Wayne Harding vs. Jordan Conaway
141 Dean Heil vs. Jimmy Gulibon
149 Anthony Collica vs. Zain Retherford
157 Ryan Blees vs. Jason Nolf
165 Alex Dierenger vs. Shakur Rasheed
174 Chandler Rogers vs. Bo Nickal
184 Nolan Boyd vs.Matt McCutcheon
197 Preston Weigel/ Andrew Marsden vs.Morgan McIntosh
285 Austin Marsden vs. Nick Nevills

I realistically think we are favored in only three weight classes. 141,165,285. I believe we will win these three and that we can compete at 149(I like the way Collica is wrestling now) and I think we can not only compete at 184 but I am picking this as the upset win. If we won the two weights where we are competitive and the three we are favored then it would be a five to five split. I only see bonus points for us at 165 and there could be bonus points for Penn State at 133157,174 and 197 so even if we split the matches we would probably lose. I do not like the fact that we are going and do not like this format at all but I understand we need to wrestle the best to get better but the deck is stacked against us.

Having seen McCutcheon wrestle directly before the injury and Boyd of late, I'd have to pick Boyd as favored. That said, does it matter? OSU has to win 6 (or 5 with a surprise pin) hard to see that even possible without Smith in the lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT