141: G #10
149: Boo #7
157: Wyatt #25
165: UR
174: Joe #6
184: UR
197: Dakota #7
285: UR
Team 3rd (behind PSU & Iowa). Adjusting for a Daton redshirt would put us outside the top 10.

G seems a little low, otherwise pretty reasonable for initial rankings.

G very low and Boo also low due to what that weight is losing, obviously if he can keep his health.

Joe can be a top 4 guy at that weight we should see some steady improvement all season out of the young talent at 165 and 184. Sets up for the potential of a BIG 2020 if we can land a HWY transfer or A.J.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
G very low and Boo also low due to what that weight is losing, obviously if he can keep his health.

Joe can be a top 4 guy at that weight we should see some steady improvement all season out of the young talent at 165 and 184. Sets up for the potential of a BIG 2020 if we can land a HWY transfer or A.J.
Do we know if any wrestler did a “bulk job” over the summer for heavyweight?

Do we know if any wrestler did a “bulk job” over the summer for heavyweight?

Austin Harris who had a pretty good summer has been discussed as a potential bulk job candidate. As I said he had a good summer but hasn’t shown much in his time here by the way of results.

If joe smith can be a top 4 guy...I'd pleasantly be surprised. Let's just hope he can AA at least, which isn't a lock by any means.

Reactions: Wrassler17
If joe smith can be a top 4 guy...I'd pleasantly be surprised. Let's just hope he can AA at least, which isn't a lock by any means.

That’s probably fair but that weight has thinned out. Amine is very likely taking an ORS and Joe lost a razor thin decision the #3 ranked guy and competed with the #1. He is ranked 6th with a win against #7.

He also had a win against the 5th place finisher from last year at 174.

Reactions: Wrassler17
This year is especially important in developing our young wrestlers if we are to win a championship in the next years. G, Witcraft, Balmeceda, Whitlake and Montalvo need to improve a lot this year if they are to be part of a championship. I do wonder if we get 6th years from Brock and Lewallan if we will have enough money for all the 2020 recruits. The seniors who may be leaving and open up money are Piccinini, Brock, Smith, Lewallan and Shomers. Some of these I understand get school paid for because of parents working for Oklahoma State so we must have had some money not invested in wrestlers because we seem to be gaining more wrestlers in 2020 than we lose.
The next year we lose hardly anyone except Geer and a couple of wrestlers who likely don't get much aid. My understanding is scholarships are decided for 1 year at a time. I believe we have got to make enough scholarship money available in 2021 for Mastro, Haas and Picklo. Also maybe Voinovich. If after this year our coaches are thinking scholarship wrestlers on our roster are not contributing enough I think we need to cut the money given to these wrestlers. We have momentum and this needs to continue in our 2021 and 22 recruiting classes if we are going to capture the elusive next team Championship. Tough decisions need to be made if we are going to win, such as pushing an all time great Cowboy wrestler out as a coach such as Eric Guerro ( this is what I suspect happened but I don't know for certain). With very good progress by our wrestlers we could get a trophy this year.

Last edited:
G, Witcraft, Doucette, Plott, Surber, Picklo and other Oklahomans save us a bunch of money. We'll get some academic scholly money flying around on the smart ones. We'll funnel Haas' scholly through his brother and Daton's through his dad. We'll pay for school and board for the Ferrarri's and Mastro's and they can pay room only, bunking up in the same room with their brother(s) to save money. Should be out of pocket less than $500 a month per family. If that won't work we bring on Ferrarri's dad as strength coach and funnel it through him, or their sister as a spirit squad advisor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT