ADVERTISEMENT

Intermat Updated Rankings, Line-Up Speculation...

The quest for #35...

With Carroll & Thompson on the way, it would be easy to say start them as true freshmen (if Thompson can make 165). You never know about injuries, weight changes, transfers, etc. So throw your best lineup out there.

But 165 & 285 will be tough for first year guys. 165 doesn't clear out at all next year, it will be loaded. In 2025 it looks a little more open (still tough though). 285 loses a couple of top guys next year and then opens up even more in 2025. What if we redshirt them and Daton takes another Olympic redshirt? Don't know if that's something Daton would consider, but the 2025 lineup could then be...

125: Mastro (Sr)
133: Daton (Sr)
141: Young (Sr)
149: Voinovich (RJr)
157: Williams (RSo)
165: Thompson (RFr)
174: Plott (Sr)
184: Haas (RJr) / Robb (RFr) / Heeg (RFr)
197: Surber (Sr)
285: Carroll (RFr)
I have always thought if we were going to get 35 Daton would be a key because he has been our 1 standout in the last 5 years. Unless this year is tremendous with improvements of our wrestlers we don't have much of a chance to win next year as you indicated Wrassler. Our class coming in next year has great potential with 2 real good wrestlers Thompson and Carroll. Cael Hughes with the results from Arizona indicating he could develop into a real good wrestler. But I agree Thompson and Carroll could use a redshirts before they are ready to All American. With great development, getting a real good wrestler in 2024 class, the 24-25 and 25-26 season could be chances to win 35. But setbacks have been the norm for us. Real good wrestlers for us in 24-25 could be Daton, and Plott. Potentially real good wrestlers or lower All Americans could be Carter Young, Trevor Mastrogiavanni, Luke Surber. Wrestling in College has to occur before I can say much for Voinovich, Williams, Thompson, Haas and Carroll. With some luck and previously mentioned stuff this team in 24-25 has great potential. But somehow we need to get some luck instead of having bad luck most of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT