157 Gfeller vs. Hornfeck dec,. G
165 Sheets vs,Peyton Hall md Hall
174 Plott vs, Scott Joll MD Plott
184 Witlake vs,Carman dec. Witlake
197 Surber vs, Cooley dec, Surber
285 Doucet vs.Wolfgram dec, Doucet
Betting thats not the lineup.

Reactions: turfpoke
I just think John will give a couple other guys a chance to start a home dual and give current starter a break. Wouldnt be surprised at 184, 141 would also make sense but either of the 141s a tough first match. Wasn't thinking Alvarez.

I could see changes being made at 125 with Blankenship. 157 with Williams and 184 with either Stika or Haas. Really just changes to have the starters rest and others to get experience. Not sure if there is anyone other than Teague Travis or Hone you could plug in at 141 and I doubt we see anything at 184, there is just some quality backups at that weight that’s why I mentioned it. Williams would be interesting at 157. I think he’s a little undersized muscle wise for the weight right now but could do well against a weaker opponent and would be good experience for him wrestling in GIA

Reactions: leecothran
Nothing official but this would be a good time to rest the regulars and give some future Cowboy starters a chance so I do not think I would bet on the starting lineup I posted but almost certain the starting. lineups for the two opponents are correct. Notice I did not post team scores or match scores. Also, I am sure Alvarez will not be in the lineup this season. He last wrestled for Rutgers on 1/5/23. I think he is ineligible.

Cooley for WVU has been injured so may not see him. Anticipate Surber getting at least one tech this weekend.

Reactions: osu2082
Then maybe Stika at 84 and Haas at 97 one match each for the weekend.

Eh I think Surber needs his matches. Confidence building and continuing to get his feel right. His losses to both Foy and Smith were from mental mistakes so he should be on the mat as much as possible in my opinion.

Eh I think Surber needs his matches. Confidence building and continuing to get his feel right. His losses to both Foy and Smith were from mental mistakes so he should be on the mat as much as possible in my opinion.
True but he has a pretty tough match next weekend he might need to be rested & healed up for. Probably depends on whether he is dinged up at all and needs the break.

Reactions: bwel9339
True but he has a pretty tough match next weekend he might need to be rested & healed up for. Probably depends on whether he is dinged up at all and needs the break.

I'd like to see him roll into the Elam bout on a 4 match tech/pin streak. Remind Rocky what he did to his brother at Big 12s last season.

I'd like to see him roll into the Elam bout on a 4 match tech/pin streak. Remind Rocky what he did to his brother at Big 12s last season.
I agree Surber needs experience and development. He is part of our future. If Haas is healthy he should wrestle 1 of those matches at 184. Blankenship if healthy and if he is ready to wrestle either of these 2 125's without being wiped out should wrestle. Freshman can wrestle 5 matches and so Jordan Williams should get some experience and wrestle in a couple of duals. To be honest we don't have many young wrestlers that I think our part of our future maybe 1 more is Travis Mastro. Most of our future is in the 2023 recruiting class with Thompson, Carroll, Hughes and Robb. 2024 Jordan could be good, but Burton would be a project. I really think we need another star in this 2024 class for the future and if we don't I think we will fall behind again just like what happened with the 2020 class looking great, and then the 2021 class looked very good on paper but so far has been disappointing and the 2022 class being extremely small. But we have got to see more development in our wrestlers. It would be great to see a number of young wrestlers jump a level before Nationals.

I agree Surber needs experience and development. He is part of our future. If Haas is healthy he should wrestle 1 of those matches at 184. Blankenship if healthy and if he is ready to wrestle either of these 2 125's without being wiped out should wrestle. Freshman can wrestle 5 matches and so Jordan Williams should get some experience and wrestle in a couple of duals. To be honest we don't have many young wrestlers that I think our part of our future maybe 1 more is Travis Mastro. Most of our future is in the 2023 recruiting class with Thompson, Carroll, Hughes and Robb. 2024 Jordan could be good, but Burton would be a project. I really think we need another star in this 2024 class for the future and if we don't I think we will fall behind again just like what happened with the 2020 class looking great, and then the 2021 class looked very good on paper but so far has been disappointing and the 2022 class being extremely small. But we have got to see more development in our wrestlers. It would be great to see a number of young wrestlers jump a level before Nationals.
Maybe Ben Davino? Would love to get him. I know we have Hughes and Beric but he could fit in somewhere. I haven’t heard much on him.

Reactions: Toadvine
I’m typically always positive, but I don’t expect anyone to jump levels. We need to find some guys with a mean streak. Jake Rosholt, Johny Hendricks, Chris Perry, Steve Mocco style. Guys that want to inflict some pain.

Maybe Ben Davino? Would love to get him. I know we have Hughes and Beric but he could fit in somewhere. I haven’t heard much on him.
Ohio St is after Davino. They want him @ 125. I like him, but he really only makes sense if you think he can go 133 and Hughes can go 141.

Still think we need McComas & Sommer in the 2024 class and then focus on transfers. Ideally Mesenbrink, but if not him then another 165.

Reactions: JAY45
Friday Vs. Northern Colorado
125 Mastro vs.Stevo Poulin tossup match
133 Fix vx Koelzer TF Fix
141 Young vs, Alirez MD Alirez
149 Voinovich vs. Sandoval dec. Voinovich
157 Gfeller vs. Zerban dec. G
165 Sheets vs. Fernandes dec, Sheets
174 Plott vs. Berreyesa dec, Plott
184 Witlake vs, Britten dec,. Witlake
197 Surber vs, Vasquez dec.Surber
285 Doucet vs, Doolin dec, Doucet

Sunday vs, W. Va,
125 Mastro vs,Cardinale dec Cardinale
133 Fix vs.Rhoads TF Fix
141 Young vs, Jordan Titus toss-up match
149 Voinovich vs.Hillegas dec. VV
157 Gfeller vs. Hornfeck dec,. G
165 Sheets vs,Peyton Hall md Hall
174 Plott vs, Scott Joll MD Plott
184 Witlake vs,Carman dec. Witlake
197 Surber vs, Cooley dec, Surber
285 Doucet vs.Wolfgram dec, Doucet
Fix with two techs on the weekend? Does he even have one this year?

That’s kinda what I was thinking. I think Cael will end up at 141. He already looks bigger/stronger than Carter coming out of HS.
That could work well. I agree Hughes would have no problems being a 141. I'm less familiar with Davino, he doesn't look very big at 126 right now, but I guess 133 is realistic. He's an Illinois guy, so maybe Brayden Thompson is tight with him.

It would also keep him from Ohio St. I know there is a thought that they don't have the training partners to develop these recruits, but I don't see it that way. They have Moore & Dhesi to work with the upper weights and Stieber to work with the lower weights. Just a matter of time before it clicks.

Voinovich wins his match 7-2. Got a takedown in the 2nd and the another TD and back points in the last few seconds of the 3rd period.

3-0 good guys.

2nd: G gives up a takedown and gets ridden out.

3rd period: G starts on bottom and gets a reversal and secures riding time before giving up an escape with about 20 seconds left.

SV: G gets the winning TD in overtime.

6-0 Pokes.

165: Wyatt Sheets vs Baylor Fernandes

1st period: Wyatt gives up a takedown after a long scramble and is down 2-0 to start the 2nd.

2nd: Wyatt starts on bottom. Locked hands call on Fernandes and Wyatt escapes shortly after. Wyatt takes a shot but gives up another takedown to Fernandes. 4-2 Fernandes at the end of 2.

3rd: Wyatt starts on top and gives up a reversal almost immediately. Wyatt gets an escape later and gets in on a shot but can’t finish. 7-3 Fernandes.

6-3 OSU.

174: Dustin Plott vs Andrew Berryesa

1st: Stalling warning on Berryesa and Plott gets a takedown near the end of the period. 2-0.

2nd: Plott starts on top but UNC escapes quickly. Plott nearly converts on a shot but Berryesa keeps ahold of his leg. 3-1. There was a penalty call on UNC on some point that I missed.

3rd: Dustin escapes from bottom and gets a takedown. He rides him for a bit and then lets him up. 2nd stalling call on UNC and the Dustin gets another takedown. Add in riding time and Plott wins by 10-2 major decision.

10-3 Cowboys.

Plott seemed to have a little more pep in his step tonight. Good to see him just take care of business.

I don't know what to say about Wyatt and I'm tired of pilling on the kid. There just has to be something better in the room at this weight.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
184: Travis Wittlake vs Britten Branson i think?

1st: Great period from Travis. Gets 3 takedowns and he leads 6-2.

2nd: Wittlake adds an escape and 2 more takedowns. 11-3 to start the last period.

3rd: Dominant performance from Wittlake. He gets a stalling point and few more TDs and wins 17-5 with RT.

14-3 OSU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT