ADVERTISEMENT

22-23 Line up projection

Feel good about 125-149. Confused on who is at 157. I’m a little concerned about a 184 Wittlake. Going to give Harper the benefit of the doubt bc 165 is a bomber weight this year. 174 will be exciting. Surber is tough and has a great mindset. HWT is concerning as well. We are just a few more days away from the first dual. This is going to be a tough season with a lot of really tough dual teams. Hopefully this squad can overcome some of the doubters and find themselves in a good position to AA more than just Fix and Plott.

Ok forgive me is Chandler Rogers actually wrestling for our team? Or just giving Doucet somebody to go against.

Just there to give Doucet a legitimate opponent. He doesn't have any eligibility remaining. He's a volunteer assistant coach.

Reactions: JAY45
The "experts" are saying that.

I find it hard to get behind the thought that none of our guys will do any better than their preseason rankings, but, hey, that's why they wrestle the season and don't just decide everything on paper and in god
The "experts" are saying that.

I find it hard to get behind the thought that none of our guys will do any better than their preseason rankings, but, hey, that's why they wrestle the season and don't just decide everything on paper and in podcasts.
Geeze god Forbid we use are eyes and common sense and actually be honest here for once. Forgive me King Lee

• Love
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Hoping for the best the season. My eyes tell me to expect something along the lines of the debacle we say last year. Hopefully if we see a repeat we will also see changes made in the program. We aren’t anywhere near what is acceptable to OSU wrestling.

Can’t believe there is such a gap in the score at 125

One guy is a veteran national qualifier and the other is a true freshman fresh off of two shoulder surgeries. If Blankenship has been 100% fully cleared for anymore than a few months I would be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
Geeze god Forbid we use are eyes and common sense and actually be honest here for once. Forgive me King Lee

I think there is absolutely a scenario in which we do only have two AAs and finish around 12th. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that way. I'm sorry if that came across as condescending. Didn't mean for it to.

Hoping for the best the season. My eyes tell me to expect something along the lines of the debacle we say last year. Hopefully if we see a repeat we will also see changes made in the program. We aren’t anywhere near what is acceptable to OSU wrestling.
Your eyes from looking at the scores of ranking matches?

• Haha
My eyes based on last seasons results. Hoping for 4 AA and one finalist. What is your outlook ?
Similar there is 4 former AA’s on the team . Hopefully you can get some of the underclassman on the podium.I think Fix and Plott can be contenders to win it .

Similar there is 4 former AA’s on the team . Hopefully you can get some of the underclassman on the podium.I think Fix and Plott can be contenders to win it .
RBY is a tough matchup for Daton from the stylistic standpoint. Fix is a fairly significant underdog at this point imo. Would like to see Plott stay in the other side of the bracket of Starocci. If he can do that I could certainly see him in the finals. Should have said hoping for two finalist. Plott can get there.

Reactions: vhsalum
As it stands currently, I see probably a max of 4 AA's with this lineup. You have Fix and Plott and then anyone of Masto, Young and Wittlake. Out of those other 3 I think Mastro has the best chance and then maybe young. I really want to see a big jump with Carter this year. If he can get off bottom and ride with some athority then I think his chances are good. I just really dont like the sound of Wittlake at 184. I hope I am very wrong, but jumping up 2 weights is a lot and from what we saw out of him early in the season last year Im not encourage. Hopefully that was a weight cut issue and he is fully healthy, put on some muscle and ready to avenge a bad season.

This is the year Carter needs to make that jump imo. I don’t see 141 as a stacked weight. He can do some damage if he can live up to his credentials. Looking forward to his match this weekend against Hines. Should be an early indication of where he stands. Not very optimistic on Wittlake. Hope I’m wrong there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT