ADVERTISEMENT

OKLAHOMA STATE VS. PENN STATE SUNDAY 2/21

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
SUNDAY 4pm, Central Time, Rec. Hall, University Park, Pa. Video live on the Big Ten Network
Eddie Klimara #6 vs. Nico Megaludis #4
Gary Wayne Harding vs. Jordan Conaway #5
Dean Heil #1 vs.Jimmy Gulibon NR
Anthony Collica #12 vs. Zain Retherford #1
Ryan Blees NR vs. Jason Nolf #1
Alex Dierenger #1 vs. Shakur Rasheed #17 or Geno Morellli NR
Chandler Rogers vs. Bo Nickal #1
Nolan Boyd #13 v. Matt McCutcheon #6
Preston Weigel or Andrew Marsden NR vs. Morgan McIntosh #1
Austin Marsden #5 vs. Jan Johnson NR
On paper this does not look good for Oklahoma State. We would be favorites only at 141,165 and 285. They would be highly favored at 125,133,149,157,174 and197.Slight edge to McCutcheon at184.
I do not want to predict this but there are upset chances at 174 and 184. It is at Penn State and we are three starters short in Brock at 133,Smith at157,Crutchmer at 174. I do not like this format but then again all attempts at National duals in the last few years have been non-starters and this is the worst of the lot.

I want to say Boyd has beaten mcCutcheon before (last year I think) so he will go in with some confidence. Wouldn't penn state go with their freshman phenom Neville at heavyweight? If so, marsden will need to be sharp. Should be lots of action at 174. Should be fun to watch.

I want to say Boyd has beaten mcCutcheon before (last year I think) so he will go in with some confidence. Wouldn't penn state go with their freshman phenom Neville at heavyweight? If so, marsden will need to be sharp. Should be lots of action at 174. Should be fun to watch.
Nevills is going to a tournament in Colorado to get some matches.

Just saw it from different angle going into commercial after hardings match.

Never seen anything like it

Who is the idiot calling the dual?

Retheford should've been dinged twice in the 2nd every time Collica stood up he threw legs in is that not stalling? Even gibbons and Johnson seemed to think so

The announcer is the same one who Worshipped metcalfs feet right up until Caldwell stuck his ass.

Best match I've ever seen

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Rcldad, Nathan Chatman. If you aren't familiar, he's the same guy that kept Jim Andrassy and Matt Hill from the scorers table when they were trying to dispute the score during the Realbuto/Miller match at Nationals last year.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Thought Collica looked strong. Had as much gas, if not more, than Zain. Klimara fall was a joke. Real proud of our guys so far.

Disappointing that Boyd did not get to finish the match as I think he wins and helps his seed at nationals. If the dual was close, I think McCutcheon wrestles

Reactions: osu2082
hats off to Dean Heil coming back from his lone loss on the season and beating Guilibon. The shaved head must be game on look.

Rcldad, Nathan Chatman. If you aren't familiar, he's the same guy that kept Jim Andrassy and Matt Hill from the scorers table when they were trying to dispute the score during the Realbuto/Miller match at Nationals last year.

What's the story?
How did he do that?

He has been on my last nerve for the longest.

No announcer like jcarl...
my favorite jcarl call was roller snaking Becker for third. Man that was great

My dual thoughts... (posted originally on HR)

Megaludis looked good, and Klimara looked slow, before the defensive fall (which was way too quick imo..) looked to be on pace for a major or 6-7 pt decision for megaludis.

Gary wayne started off by giving up the quick TD then ridden pretty hard by a savvy conaway. I thought he competed pretty hard and might expect a closer match in a rematch.

Heil looked pretty gassed but I agreed with Gibbons comments that he was able to execute while tired and compete well in the short offense position, where Gulibon is pretty good from. Looked pretty good.

Collica made Zain look human, he was blatantly stalling on Top, and after the early TD wasn't able to get much offense going. Sorensen will be right there with Zain.

3rd string 57 lber got handled by Nolf, gave the fall while being down by 14 and in neutral went feet to back. Smith could have competed much better here and possibly even won. Nolf dominated.

Dieringer dominated, as expected.

Nickal dominated an outclassed lower weight backup, sad to hear about the Rogers situation. Would have been a fun match as he just knocked off #2 on friday 13-8, about the same as Nickal beat him at scuffle 11-7.

McCutcheon got injured, the fans were booing that it looked dirty, but it looked pretty clean to me, he was just scrambling, as Nolan Boyd is known to do, I've seen that same move done a hundred times in a scramble. Hope its not reinjured too bad and hes able to compete and B1G's, it looked like it got tweaked on the initial kneepad grab somehow.

McIntosh dominated pretty plain and simple.

Marsden didn't look too hot against a severely outmatched Jan Johnson, got taken down and looked about as gassed if not more gassed than Johnson at the end of the match, even when he majored him. Nevills could have made this a much more interesting match. Might've pulled the upset if his tank held up, but Marsden would still be heavily favored.

Also was said that you guys traveled for the match just today, i'm sure that had to play a factor in why some guys looked slow or gassed. I give props to you guys for delaying travel to stay with the Rogers & family until leaving this morning. Overall I thought the cowboys competed well and very well could have been in position to win the dual with a healthy lineup. Just my viewpoint as a hawkeye fan from the outside looking in, don't mean to offend anybody. Just talk good wrestling.

It's a moot point and wouldn't have mattered as far as who won but why not wrestle marsteller at 174 in his home state? If indeed he has no plans to transfer....

This year is really a shame. With the way the Collica and Boyd are wrestling a fully healthy squad would have had a good shot in March.

Reactions: osu2082
Shame, no shame, just readjustment. The only thing I am worried about is 197, I don't think Weigel can get it done, he has no offense, SO hopefully Marsden will do well. I bet he is wrestling post season. Harding is going to do well, he's a grinder, doubt it will be he'll be an AA but it'll be close. Heil won't lose to Ward again, Joe Smith will be back, and I have every confidence that C Rogers will dominate the NCAA's to the tune of an AA. I'm calling 8 AA's with 2 champs and hopefully a 197 showing with at least a couple wins.

Hey Obe, how orange are my glasses?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT