141 Dean Heil v. Bryce Meredith dec. Heil 10-0
149 Anthony Collica v. Cole Mendenhall dec. Collica 13-0
157 Davey Dolan or Joe Smith v. Archie Colgan Colgan dec. 13-3
165 Chandler Rogers vs. Branson Ashworth dec. Rogers 16-3
174 Kyle Crutchmer vs. Kyle Pope fall Crutchmer 22-3
184 Nolan Boyd v. Lucas Lovvorn tech fall Boyd 27-3
197 Derek White v. Luke Paine major White 31-3
285 Tanner Allen vws. Brandon Trimble or Danny Gordon dec. Allen 34-3
At 141 it is a rematch of the NCAA finals last year but Meredith has lost 4 matches this year including the Match with Lewallen at Reno which he lost 7-3. At 157 I am predicting a win by Colgan ranked #16 as Joe is still in a funk, possibly injured and not wrestling well (no takedown attempts in the last 3 matches).
Branson Ashworth at 165 is ranked as high as #13 but I predict Rogers will dominate the match. At 125 Templeman ranked #16 but I expect a decision by Pic or if he gets an opportunity he may score more with his patented tilts. I may be understating the 149 match as Collica is capable of putting up a bunch of points but Cole Mendenhall is ranked 16 by the Open Mat. This may not be as close as I predict. The final four weights for Wyoming are relatively weak and we should have no problems even with Schafer and possibly Weigel out of the lineup with injuries.

I'm in town, coming to the match with my folks who have season tickets. Any one have an extra ticket for tonight's match?

Any idea who weighed in? Because Wyoming wrestled at Oklahoma at 12 PM, weigh-ins for the Cowboys would've been at 11 AM.

nick wins 8 - 2
brock wins 14 - 5
dean wins 7 - 5
ac wins 7 - 2
dolan lost 3 - 1 ot
rogers wins 10 - 6
kyle wins 12 - 5
nolan wins 20 - 4
weigel wins 16 - 0
tanner wins 5 - 4

Last edited:
Great to see weigel back. Now waiting for smith and Schafer..... hopefully will be back for penn state
Not bragging but my prediction above of 34-3 pretty close to 32-3 and predicted the weight we would lose. Schafer was wearing a boot tonight at the match in street clothes. I think Smith and Schafer are doubtful for OU but in a pinch they could wrestle. Enjoyed the match tonight and meeting tfpoke's parents. His father is a dead ringer for Mr. Earl and I told him that and apologized at the same time. :(

detailed thoughts about how heil looked against meredith would be much appreciated

detailed thoughts about how heil looked against meredith would be much appreciated
Heil looked good but as in several of his matches this year he seemed to relax towards the end of the match when leading by more than two. He have up his second reverse to Meredith at the very end and then escaped. The score thus reflected a two point win when he had the only two takedowns. I believe he is better on his feet than Meredith but even though Heil is great on scrambles, Meredith may be better on the mat.

Reactions: osu2082 and Rdcldad
It was great to see Weigel win so convincingly. He looked like his time off helped him, he was much better on offense.

Meredith has been wrestling very good after a poor start. Could be another finals rematch. Joe looked ready to go. Doubtful that Schaefer will wrestle until the big XII.

Meredith has been wrestling very good after a poor start. Could be another finals rematch. Joe looked ready to go. Doubtful that Schaefer will wrestle until the big XII.

Which stinks for the PSU dual. Match could very well come down to HWY.

Which stinks for the PSU dual. Match could very well come down to HWY.

Not having will make it hard to win. I think Schafer is going to have to be at his best to beat Neville and if he has been in a boot, I am guessing his conditioning will not be great, so maybe better to get ready for conference and NCAA tournament and not risk another setback.

Reactions: osu2082
Wearing a boot doesn't mean that much if he is able to do some practice work and cardio. Many athletes are able to practice(may not go full speed) and then wear the boot as a precaution after the workout. I would require all my athletes to wear boots during the day if they had to walk the sidewalks on campus very often.

Wearing a boot doesn't mean that much if he is able to do some practice work and cardio. Many athletes are able to practice(may not go full speed) and then wear the boot as a precaution after the workout. I would require all my athletes to wear boots during the day if they had to walk the sidewalks on campus very often.

I don't know what the injury is, but if wearing a boot, it is hard for me to believe he can be wrestling live and that is the best cardio. I hope the boot is just a precautionary measure and he is ready for BigXII tournament.

Wrestling shoes provide very little protection to the toe. wonder if Austin should wrestle in something other than a wrestling shoe when he comes back for the Big 12 tourney and in practice?

Not bragging but my prediction above of 34-3 pretty close to 32-3 and predicted the weight we would lose. Schafer was wearing a boot tonight at the match in street clothes. I think Smith and Schafer are doubtful for OU but in a pinch they could wrestle. Enjoyed the match tonight and meeting tfpoke's parents. His father is a dead ringer for Mr. Earl and I told him that and apologized at the same time. :(
Your prediction was in the ball park. Enjoyed getting to eat with you and J. Carl. If anyone ever gets an offer for a free ticket from Oberebo, don't fall for it, it's a trick. He just needs friends and people to eat dinner with. Shawnee scam artist.

Reactions: oberebo
Your prediction was in the ball park. Enjoyed getting to eat with you and J. Carl. If anyone ever gets an offer for a free ticket from Oberebo, don't fall for it, it's a trick. He just needs friends and people to eat dinner with. Shawnee scam artist.
So true tfpoke but it worked. I just do not have enough tickets to increase my group of friends. I am just a poor lonesome wretch.:rolleyes:

Reactions: tfpoke
So true tfpoke but it worked. I just do not have enough tickets to increase my group of friends. I am just a poor lonesome wretch.:rolleyes:
Poor Oberebo. Saw you across the way at the squatter match. Found out a fraternity brother sits two seats from my folks. Caught up with a couple of them after the match. My daughers and I wandered into wrasslin practice for about 15 minutes prior to the basketball game on Saturday. That was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT