ADVERTISEMENT

NO. 9 OKLAHOMA STATE VS. WYOMING

Not much action at Hwt, but Doucet wins 4-1 He was pretty much in control the whole way. Kind of surprised that Doucet is ranked #13.

Great dominating win for the Pokes 31-9. Wyoming has a few good wrestlers, but not really any depth it appears.

I am an amateur wrestling fan, but do like to follow the Pokes, and this team is definitely fun to watch!

He’s an elite level recruit. Would be interesting to see!

There are 4 AA candidates at 141 in the Big 12, including his teammate 😊
I think he needs to red shirt and get a little stronger. Jamison should wrestle this year if healthy. Alvarez beat Hughes in Hayes in over time. Hughes was in on lots of shots but could not finish ( strength maybe). Next year it would not surprise me if Cael takes 141 although it would be better for the team maybe if Hughes was at 133 for 1 year if he can make weight.

Volk is a big time wrestler. Tonight was a real measuring stick for where Spratley is in his development. It’s way too early for final judgement.
Definitely. It’s just frustrating to see more of the same with guys that the staff really believes can be something yet they just won’t push or take the fight to the other guy.

Reactions: bwel9339
I think he needs to red shirt and get a little stronger. Jamison should wrestle this year if healthy. Alvarez beat Hughes in Hayes in over time. Hughes was in on lots of shots but could not finish ( strength maybe). Next year it would not surprise me if Cael takes 141 although it would be better for the team maybe if Hughes was at 133 for 1 year if he can make weight.
Hughes had some good finishes but he didn’t set up his doubles well. That’s a pretty easy part to change. The finishes he got, looked great though

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45
Volk is a big time wrestler. Tonight was a real measuring stick for where Spratley is in his development. It’s way too early for final judgement.
Didn’t Spratley beat Volk at trials this summer? I’m not even sure how to evaluate where he’s at development wise from that match bc there just wasn’t much effort. But yes Volk is solid and has a really good shot to AA

Just me or did Spratley seem to have way more energy in his first few matches? Looked a little tired, could weight be an issue? EDIT- I didn't even think about the elevation. Volk beat #1 this weekend, he's tough, 125 rankings are chaos so far. Was it a Rutgers fan 2 weeks ago that said Alvarez was as good as Jamison? Doesn't appear to be the case. Didn't expect Carter beating Alvarez 13-2, also beat Cutter Sheets 5-2. The kid Jordan beat tonight pinned Alvarez, so it appears our lineup is probably what it should be. Overall good dual for OSU, either we're better than I thought or Wyoming isn't as good as I expected? Appreciate the energy from Robb and think he's the guy at 197 until Surber returns. The announcers were super weird, Branch called out Spates during OU dual and yet their announcers were worse and obsessed with Chris Perry's weight, very weird.

Last edited:
Alvarez can’t beat Carter Young at 149
Y
Just me or did Spratley seem to have way more energy/attack more in the first few duals/matches? Looked a little dead tonight, wonder if weight is an issue? Volk beat #1 this weekend, he's tough, though 125 rankings are crazy right now so not sure how much beating #1 means. Was it a Rutgers fan 2 weeks ago that said Alvarez was as good as Jamison? Doesn't appear to be the case. Didn't expect Carter to beat Alvarez 13-2, he also beat Cutter Sheets 5-2. The kid Jordan beat tonight pinned Alvarez, so it appears our lineup is probably what it should be. Overall good dual for OSU, either we're better than I thought or Wyoming isn't as good as I expected? Unfortunate on Robb, but I appreciate the energy and think he's the guy at 197 until Surber returns. The announcers were super weird, Branch called out Spates during OU dual and yet their announcers were worse and obsessed with Chris Perry's weight, very weird.
Your a hand job you know that

• Haha
Reactions: BigDogsGottaEat
Y

Your a hand job you know that
Hey now lol I was talking up Alvarez 2 weeks ago and you told me he would be starting tonight!! I'm not hating, just hard to argue with results at Reno, but I can admit I didn't watch the matches so I may not have the whole story.

Hey now lol I was talking up Alvarez 2 weeks ago and you told me he would be starting tonight!! I'm not hating, just hard to argue with results at Reno, but I can admit I didn't watch the matches so I may not have the whole story.
Let’s talk In March. For the mean time go sit on a upside down barstool buddy

• Haha
Reactions: BigDogsGottaEat
Yikes because that's a pretty big paragraph in response to someone just throwing out an option.

Your posting style kinda reminds me of Lee. Did you really go back and relisten to a podcast just because Tom was off a little on what was said?

Things that make you go hmm

What are you on about? If I'm going to post something I'll put my name behind it.

Tom_v is also the best poster here.

What are you on about? If I'm going to post something I'll put my name behind it.

Tom_v is also the best poster here.
You posted on the OrangePower forum for years using a handle. Literally 10s of 1000s of posts. This account was only created after the podcast was launched.

You or one of your fanboys, makes no difference. Most people don't write manifestos in response to a simple message board comment.

Tom is a good poster. That's something we can agree on.

• Love
Reactions: okcpokefan12
You posted on the OrangePower forum for years using a handle. Literally 10s of 1000s of posts. This account was only created after the podcast was launched.

You or one of your fanboys, makes no difference. Most people don't write manifestos in response to a simple message board comment.

I did. CTeamPoke was my handle on there until 2014 when I changed it to Lee C. I haven't assumed a handle for a decade.

What's the issue here?

• Haha
I did. CTeamPoke was my handle on there until 2014 when I changed it to Lee C. I haven't assumed a handle for a decade.

What's the issue here?
That handle was posting until the forum went down a couple of years ago.

Is there an issue? You tell me. I'm just glad you're replying directly again. After last year when you didn't "know how to use computers".

We both want the Cowboys to win. Should probably just leave it there.

• Love

Coming off alittle strong imo. You may have a bone to pick from OP but there hasn’t been any conversations on here that deserve the contentiousness imo but carry on if you wish. I appreciate his posts these last few days. He’s gave his opinion to questions and drove conversations in threads that were getting stale.

Last edited:
That handle was posting until the forum went down a couple of years ago.

Is there an issue? You tell me. I'm just glad you're replying directly again. After last year when you didn't "know how to use computers".

We both want the Cowboys to win. Should probably just leave it there.

No it was not.

I also have no idea what you're talking about. You seem to have a problem. Just lay it out. I would appreciate the opportunity to address it.

No it was not.

I also have no idea what you're talking about. You seem to have a problem. Just lay it out. I would appreciate the opportunity to address it.
You don't remember saying you don't know how to use computers after our exchange following last year's Lehigh dual?

No one wants to read this stuff. Hell, I don't want to read it.

To the others, just chalk it up to Festivus. Moving on.

• Love
No it was not.

You don't remember saying you don't know how to use computers after our exchange following last year's Lehigh dual?

No one wants to read this stuff. Hell, I don't want to read it.

To the others, just chalk it up to Festivus. Moving on.
Reality Wtf GIF by Married At First Sight

Y’all arguing about some dumb stuff. Chillllllll

Dual was fun. Wyoming fans are rowdy man. Sweated a bit watching five freshmen do high school stuff but hey.

Future note for attending duals in Wyoming - pay the extra $10 for mat side seats, would be worth it!
Right we all need to team up on @vhsalum & @MiccoMacey and give them hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT