NO. 9 OKLAHOMA STATE VS. WYOMING

JAY45

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002

: No. 21 Troy Spratley (10-2) vs.
No. 16 Jore Volk (10-3)
*Match of the Night, Measuring Stick of the Night. This Weight Class is wide open in the Big 12 waiting for someone to jump up and claim. This Weight is one that will determine the level of OSU’s success this Season.

133: No. 3 Daton Fix (1-0) -or-
Reece Witcraft (6-3) vs.
Cooper Birdwell (7-7) -or-
Garrett Ricks (3-4)
*As President of the RW Fan Club, each Match he’s squeezed in has been a treat.

141: No. 8 Tagen Jamison (12-2) -or-
Cael Hughes (7-1) vs.
No. 31 Cole Brooks (7-2)
*This is the Official Listing, in all likelihood we see the debut of Hughes.

149: No. 23 Jordan Williams (8-3) vs.
No. 18 Gabe Willochell (11-4)
*An opportunity to redeem the Bedlam loss and develop some consistency.

157: No. 25 Teague Travis (8-1) vs.
Cooper Voorhees (5-6)
*One of several candidates for “Feel Good Story of the Season”…keep ‘em coming, don’t slip up here!

165: No. 2 Izzak Olejnik (13-0) vs.
Brett McIntosh (5-6)
*Hottest Wrestler in the Nation.

174: No. 28 Brayden Thompson (2-3) vs.
Riley Davis (7-6)
*See 149, let’s see the consistency & built of of a great past 2 Duals.

184: No. 3 Dustin Plott (13-1) vs.
Quayin Short (4-5)
*Sharpen the Saw.

197: No. 12 Luke Surber (8-1) -or-
Jersey Robb (8-0) vs.
No. 21 Joey Novak (10-6)
*Really ready for Surber to be back; if not, it’s time to give Robb his shot.

HWT: No. 12 Konner Doucet (8-2) vs.
Kevin Zimmer (9-4)
*Opportunity to cut loose offensively.

Last edited:

: No. 21 Troy Spratley (10-2) vs.
No. 16 Jore Volk (10-3)
*Match of the Night, Measuring Stick of the Night. This Weight Class is wide open in the Big 12 waiting for someone to jump up and claim. This Weight is one that will determine the level of OSU’s success this Season.

133: No. 3 Daton Fix (1-0) -or-
Reece Witcraft (6-3) vs.
Cooper Birdwell (7-7) -or-
Garrett Ricks (3-4)
*As President of the RW Fan Club, each Match he’s squeezed in has been a treat.

141: No. 8 Tagen Jamison (12-2) -or-
Cael Hughes (7-1) vs.
No. 31 Cole Brooks (7-2)
*This is the Official Listing, in all likelihood we see the debut of Hughes.

149: No. 23 Jordan Williams (8-3) vs.
No. 18 Gabe Willochell (11-4)
*An opportunity to redeem the Bedlam loss and develop some consistency.

157: No. 25 Teague Travis (8-1) vs.
Cooper Voorhees (5-6)
*One of several candidates for “Feel Good Story of the Season”…keep ‘em coming, don’t slip up here!

165: No. 2 Izzak Olejnik (13-0) vs.
Brett McIntosh (5-6)
*Hottest Wrestler in the Nation.

174: No. 28 Brayden Thompson (2-3) vs.
Riley Davis (7-6)
*See 149, let’s see the consistency & built of of a great past 2 Duals.

184: No. 3 Dustin Plott (13-1) vs.
Quayin Short (4-5)
*Sharpen the Saw.

197: No. 12 Luke Surber (8-1) -or-
Jersey Robb (8-0) vs.
No. 21 Joey Novak (10-6)
*Really ready for Surber to be back; if not, it’s time to give Robb his shot.

HWT: No. 12 Konner Doucet (8-2) vs.
Kevin Zimmer (9-4)
*Opportunity to cut loose offensively.
@JAY45 so no espn + only Flo tonight? I bought espn plus again this season.

O'Brien finished 3rd in Reno, so there's a chance he goes 141 for Wyoming.

With Surber out, there's an option to go with Robb @ 184 and bump up Plott. But Novak is pretty good, so this might not be the dual to try it. Novak finished 2nd in Reno to Buchanan.

Reactions: JAY45
O'Brien finished 3rd in Reno, so there's a chance he goes 141 for Wyoming.

With Surber out, there's an option to go with Robb @ 184 and bump up Plott. But Novak is pretty good, so this might not be the dual to try it. Novak finished 2nd in Reno to Buchanan.
Why would we bump Plott? If everyone does their job, the dual should be locked up(or close to it) by 184. Let Plott go get bonus at 184 if it’s not locked up, which he’s done in 12/13 matches this season. My assumption there is going into 184 match, we win 133, 157, 165, 174, just based off rankings(Reece would be ranked if he was starter). Highly likely we pick up at least 1/3 at 125, 141, 149. Surber has been out for a month, Robb has been an option at 197 since then, you’d think he’s gained some weight and is ready. Also we’ve seen Surber grab his shoulder a few times before this, think you’d be preparing someone to be long term back up just in case something happens when Surber does come back. (I’d bet we see Surber 1/5 dual at the earliest, that’s a very tough match with Hidlay though). I’d like to see Robb wrestle tonight as well, I just don’t see the point of Plott bumping? God forbid he gets injured bumping up 13 lbs in a dual we have locked up, people would come for John’s head, and I wouldn’t blame them.

Idk how many guys they take on long(flight) trips, but in a picture posted on Twitter, Cael made the trip(almost positive it’s the back of his head training with Daton, in pic where John’s in his socks lol). Surber most likely not back per John’s comments on his radio show, putting him out there in a locked up dual doesn’t fit the “conservative” comments.

So my assumption is -
Daton wrestles, but doesn’t change much if not, Reece will go get the win. At most this is a 1-2 point diff(Fix may get Tech/pin where Reece just wins/majors). Birdwell used to be in our room, so Reece will know him well.
Cael makes his debut at 141, 9 days since Jamison’s injury, so probably ate good this week, so he’s not giving up much weight today.
Robb wrestles at 197 - no disrespect to Haas but we’ve seen him a few times and I think Robb deserves a shot!

Everything else stays the same and we win the dual handily. John mentioned using the 5 Red shirt starts in duals this year, think this is a good opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
Booooooooo
Not ideal obviously, but I just pay for ESPN+($10/month) and Flo($30/month) on monthly subs, join October and quit February/March. Not ideal but it's basically $200 total for both for that time frame, and can catch a lot of other NCAA duals outside of OSU, CKLV, Opens, Southern Scuffle etc.

Why would we bump Plott? If everyone does their job, the dual should be locked up(or close to it) by 184. Let Plott go get bonus at 184 if it’s not locked up, which he’s done in 12/13 matches this season. My assumption there is going into 184 match, we win 133, 157, 165, 174, just based off rankings(Reece would be ranked if he was starter). Highly likely we pick up at least 1/3 at 125, 141, 149. Surber has been out for a month, Robb has been an option at 197 since then, you’d think he’s gained some weight and is ready. Also we’ve seen Surber grab his shoulder a few times before this, think you’d be preparing someone to be long term back up just in case something happens when Surber does come back. (I’d bet we see Surber 1/5 dual at the earliest, that’s a very tough match with Hidlay though). I’d like to see Robb wrestle tonight as well, I just don’t see the point of Plott bumping? God forbid he gets injured bumping up 13 lbs in a dual we have locked up, people would come for John’s head, and I wouldn’t blame them.

Idk how many guys they take on long(flight) trips, but in a picture posted on Twitter, Cael made the trip(almost positive it’s the back of his head training with Daton, in pic where John’s in his socks lol). Surber most likely not back per John’s comments on his radio show, putting him out there in a locked up dual doesn’t fit the “conservative” comments.

So my assumption is -
Daton wrestles, but doesn’t change much if not, Reece will go get the win. At most this is a 1-2 point diff(Fix may get Tech/pin where Reece just wins/majors). Birdwell used to be in our room, so Reece will know him well.
Cael makes his debut at 141, 9 days since Jamison’s injury, so probably ate good this week, so he’s not giving up much weight today.
Robb wrestles at 197 - no disrespect to Haas but we’ve seen him a few times and I think Robb deserves a shot!

Everything else stays the same and we win the dual handily. John mentioned using the 5 Red shirt starts in duals this year, think this is a good opportunity to do so.
Yikes. Plott won't bump because this dual won't be close and Novak is pretty good. But in a closer dual with average opponents at 84 & 97, it's an option to win both weights. I'm not sure that's John's style though.

Robb was warming up in shorts & a t-shirt so he's definitely not going 84 tonight.

Yikes. Plott won't bump because this dual won't be close and Novak is pretty good. But in a closer dual with average opponents at 84 & 97, it's an option to win both weights. I'm not sure that's John's style though.

Robb was warming up in shorts & a t-shirt so he's definitely not going 84 tonight.
Why yikes?

What does Robb weigh? In the Plott bump situation, Robb would be the 184 I assume? Is he not big enough to beat average opponents at 197? He wrestled 215 last year.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Why yikes?

What does Robb weigh? In the Plott bump situation, Robb would be the 184 I assume? Is he not big enough to beat average opponents at 197? He wrestled 215 last year.
Yikes because that's a pretty big paragraph in response to someone just throwing out an option.

Your posting style kinda reminds me of Lee. Did you really go back and relisten to a podcast just because Tom was off a little on what was said?

Things that make you go hmm

• Love
Yikes because that's a pretty big paragraph in response to someone just throwing out an option.

Your posting style kinda reminds me of Lee. Did you really go back and relisten to a podcast just because Tom was off a little on what was said?

It’s all good. Hey, it’s good to have fact checkers here. It keeps us honest.

I'm a big wrestling fan and passionate about it... I'm long winded in general as I like to be clear, sorry? Isn't that what this forum is for? Expressing opinions on OSU wrestling? Or only short opinions?

Maybe Lee and I's writing style is similar in your mind, because I try to write in complete sentences and use somewhat proper grammar, other than that I see no similarities in our writing styles.

I listen to podcasts while I work, due to that my recollection/retention is often not that great, I listen to books/podcasts more than once quite often. I was doing some work Friday night and listened to a podcast I didn't remember much from. Not to prove Tom wrong, which I stated, but because I'm a fan and was interested? You're implying that I'm Lee, which is false, I've never even met Lee. I'm 29 years old, if you don't believe me, I'd be glad to give you a call to prove it. Or I'd be happy to buy you a beer at the next dual. I never thought trying to be a more involved fan and writing on a forum would bring negativity my way, but I'll try to be more concise moving forward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm a big wrestling fan and passionate about it... I'm long winded in general as I like to be clear, sorry? Isn't that what this forum is for? Expressing opinions on OSU wrestling? Or only short opinions?

Maybe Lee and I's writing style is similar in your mind, because most people on here type like an 11 year old? I try to write in complete sentences and use somewhat proper grammar, other than that I see no similarities in our writing styles.

I listen to podcasts while I work, due to that my recollection/retention is often not that great, I listen to books/podcasts more than once quite often. I was doing some work Friday night(I own a business) and listened to a podcast I didn't remember much from. Not to prove Tom wrong, which I stated, but because I'm a fan and was interested? You're implying that I'm Lee, which is false, I've never even met Lee. I'm 29 years old, if you don't believe me, I'd be glad to give you a call to prove it. Or I'd be happy to buy you a beer at the next dual. I never thought trying to be a more involved fan and writing on a forum would bring negativity my way, but I'll try to be more concise moving forward.
Double yikes

I wrote posting style, not writing style -- there's a difference. Most people on here type like an 11 year old? It's a message board, you don't get points for spelling and grammar. And you've been concise in plenty of your other posts.

More could be said, but it's not worth the bother. Please continue with your long winded (rambling) responses if you disagree with something else I post.

Double yikes

I wrote posting style, not writing style -- there's a difference. Most people on here type like an 11 year old? It's a message board, you don't get points for spelling and grammar. And you've been concise in plenty of your other posts.

More could be said, but it's not worth the bother. Please continue with your long winded (rambling) responses if you disagree with something else I post.
Ahh, I didn't realize you were the one I originally responded to, this makes more sense. Nothing I said was meant personally nor did I intend to be rude. I may be an idiot, but I'm not a dick nor do I plan to put others opinions down in anyway.I was genuinely asking, as I didn't understand. I apologize if it came off that way, still be glad to buy you a beer at the next dual. Didn't say my writing style was better than anyone else's, pointed out the only similarity I saw in our styles. Can confirm you implying I'm Lee is incorrect, I'm sure he would be glad to confirm that as well. I'll see myself out now, Go Pokes!

Man I’d love to be 29 again. It would still be some years post #34.

Thought Travis would get more points but was in control the whole way but only won 6-2.

OSU up 13-3.

Looking forward to watching undefeated Olejnik at 165 next. Should be a good chance for bonus points.

Reactions: bwel9339 and driad
At 174 Thompson controls the whole way and wins 12-2.

OSU now up 22-3.

Plott now up at 184 and should be a heavy favorite to win with bonus points.

Reactions: bwel9339
at 197 Robb gives up a pin late after looking like he was heading for a win with only about 30 seconds left in the match. Robb still looked pretty good.

28-9

Final match coming up. Wonder if it will be a 2-1 score for somebody?

at 197 Robb gives up a pin late after looking like he was heading for a win with only about 30 seconds left in the match. Robb still looked pretty good.

28-9

Final match coming up. Wonder if it will be a 2-1 score for somebody?
Robb looked good, way better than Haas. These announcers are dumb, no idea that Surber is our normal starter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT