ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance Qualifier Olympics

Matt Ramos from Purdue is now in the mix at 57kg for the Philippines.
What’s funny is they are 1-1 against each other both times ended with a fall. Def a tough opponent for Lee if they face off but I like Lee. He looked really good against a solid Gilman.

Lost in the chaos….. Kamal Bey has a true third match to qualify for Paris coming up shortly.
womp womp... the score was fairly close but the match wasn't, He didn't even get close generating an offensive opportunity. Levai absolutely shut Bey down. Levai dominated position and did exactly what he needed to do to beat a high-risk/high-reward opponent. These dudes who train at WCAP and NMU for Greco get some of the best training the US has to offer, but it is miles behind what Eastern European countries are doing.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Lee and Retherford get started sometime after 2am to try and qualify the last two MFS spots for the olympics.

Lee should only have 1 real challenge on his way to qualifying, Sarlak the Iranian, and I'm pretty comfortable in saying that even in that match he should be the prohibitive betting favorite.

Retherford's path is longer and also much more difficult as he has two legit challenges on his side of the bracket. The draw really sucks for this one, as the 3 best wrestlers (by a decent margin) are all on the same side. The Mongolian Tumur-Ochir and the Tajik née Russian Kudiev are both truly top tier world level competitors.

Spencer TF his fist opponent in 23 sec with a lace. Second match he goes down early 6-1 on a funky feet to back going out of bounds but brings it back to 10-6 after a lace. Nothing burger all second period, I think the funky exposure worried him a little. Gets taken down late but doesn’t get turned to win 10-9. Close one.

Zain pins his first opponent middle of second. Techs his second opponent 11-0. Looks solid.

Spencer should get to the semis against the Iranian, and that guarantees him repechage worst case.

Zain looks like he is handling his weight very well but as others have said, he has a very difficult bracket to navigate.

Reactions: mcpat and JAY45
Spencer Lee absolutely destroyed everyone on his way to qualifying for Olympics yesterday. Zain lost a tough one but was pulled back in and has to win 4 matches to qualify. Pinned his first guy this morning and then won 5-2 over his second match. Two left.

Reactions: mcpat and JAY45
Zain V Skri

Lots of hand fighting first minute. Ref calling Skri for action. More hand fighting. Skri gets put on clock. Zain goes up 1-0. Zain trying to snap but nothing going. Zain getting told for action.

Zain head bleeding. Blood time. Top of his head and pretty good. Got the glue pen out! Let’s go.

Zain gets in on a leg and scores with 10 sec left. Goes up 3-0 at break!

Zain gets another takedown and now gets exposure on a tilt. Up 7-0!!

Zain is headed to Paris! Great run today.

Last edited:
I was watching the DT Brooks match yesterday and Brooks made the same "I hope he finds God" comment immediately after the match. I didn't know much about the situation, but it seemed like a weird thing to say.

Reactions: moug
Be religious, that's fine. I am a PSU alum and wrestling supporter. Brooks always rubs me the wrong way with his god stuff. It's too much and maybe that's my problem, but it's definitely a persona I am not comfortable with.
If you have to remind people constantly that you’re a Christian you’re probably doing it wrong.

My mom was depression era, didn't finish high school. I was college educated so every time I used a big word, it was high falutin lol. It told me to slow my roll, although if I'd said that to her, she would have said I was being high falutin too.
Don’t remember where I heard it but my mother’s family is from Kentucky and dad’s is from W Texas so there are lots of options.

Don’t remember where I heard it but my mother’s family is from Kentucky and dad’s is from W Texas so there are lots of options.
I'm from Lock Haven, which is 30 minutes from State College. I live in South Carolina now where my wife is from. She tells everyone that I'm from Pennsyltucky. Everyone gets to laugh at my expense lol. So I think it comes from your mother.

Reactions: JAY45
I'm from Lock Haven, which is 30 minutes from State College. I live in South Carolina now where my wife is from. She tells everyone that I'm from Pennsyltucky. Everyone gets to laugh at my expense lol. So I think it comes from your mother.

I have a buddy from western PA, close to Pittsburgh, who calls it Pennsyltucky 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT