ADVERTISEMENT

Next years roster

If 125 comes down to Picc and Fix in a wrestle off then Picc is in big trouble.

Unrelated, but any update on Jacob Butler committing?

I think he has some nice upside potential. He has that long, lanky body type that NC State seems to go after and develop. Plus he would help simulate the look and feel of guys like Lizak, Gross, Fausz, and Wilson.

Reactions: osu2082
Unrelated, but any update on Jacob Butler committing?

I think he has some nice upside potential. He has that long, lanky body type that NC State seems to go after and develop. Plus he would help simulate the look and feel of guys like Lizak, Gross, Fausz, and Wilson.
He is close he wants OSU so bad. They are trying to make it work money wise

Reactions: Wrassler17
One thing about the lineup jostling is 149 really clears out next year (on paper). That could be a weight where you put a guy that isn't his ideal weight but could still score some decent points.

One thing about the lineup jostling is 149 really clears out next year (on paper). That could be a weight where you put a guy that isn't his ideal weight but could still score some decent points.

Very true. Or a guy like Boo or G could be outside NC contenders.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Very true. Or a guy like Boo or G could be outside NC contenders.

Really solid point. I have no idea about weight changes at other schools and freshman/redshirt guys. However, based on returning All-Americans you can make a case Boo would be ranked as high as No. 2 preseason.

Really solid point. I have no idea about weight changes at other schools and freshman/redshirt guys. However, based on returning All-Americans you can make a case Boo would be ranked as high as No. 2 preseason.

As of now the only moves that are being discussed (obviously a lot can change) that could affect 149 is M Jordan coming down and Ashnault moving up.

I think eventually Yianni moves up but don't think it will be next year.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
As of now the only moves that are being discussed (obviously a lot can change) that could affect 149 is M Jordan coming down and Ashnault moving up.

I think eventually Yianni moves up but don't think it will be next year.

Cornell has Vito coming in at 141 after greyshirting. I thought the plan was for Yianni to go 149 next year? If he does, I think he's the favorite. I also think Yianni ends up as the 65 kg rep for the US in a few years, like Daton will end up the 57 kg rep.

Iowa also has Lugo coming off redshirt, though he has not AAd yet.

Cornell has Vito coming in at 141 after greyshirting. I thought the plan was for Yianni to go 149 next year? If he does, I think he's the favorite. I also think Yianni ends up as the 65 kg rep for the US in a few years, like Daton will end up the 57 kg rep.

Iowa also has Lugo coming off redshirt, though he has not AAd yet.
Vito isn’t going 141

Vito will end up at 141 at some point but from what i've heard he'll start at 133 for now. Yianni will eventually be at 149

Yeah, you're right. Just listened to FRL, they said Vito 133 and Yianni 141 for now. 133 will be a meat grinder next year - Gross, Micic, Wilson, Pletcher, (Picc/Daton/Kaid), Suriano, Lizak, Vito, RBY

Some other nuggets:
Deakin is going up to 157
Preston's preseason injury was a torn pec
They said Geo was on crutches at some point, so it must be a lower body injury
They were all guessing like us about our lineup. No one knows

I saw an interview with him a year ago where he said he would greyshirt and get bigger for 141. That changed? So he's going 133, Yianni at 141 and Tucker's out?

Yianni tore his ACL in the match against Heil. Apparently having surgery, so that would keep him out for summer and maybe part of next year. Amazing he was able to win two more matches, but sucks for him. He didn’t wrestle his senior year due to triceps injuries.

Yianni tore his ACL in the match against Heil. Apparently having surgery, so that would keep him out for summer and maybe part of next year. Amazing he was able to win two more matches, but sucks for him. He didn’t wrestle his senior year due to triceps injuries.

Wow, incredible that he was able to win the title like that. Hope he has a good recovery.

We need a 57 and 1 from the 2019 class from Ohio, Connor Brady just committed to Virginia tech. He is the 10th rated wrestler in the 2019 class. I do see that there is a top 57 in the 2019 class Brevin Balmeceda from Florida who 12 rated 12th in the country overall. He is in the quarters at the National tournament 152 for juniors

Last edited:
We need a 57 and 1 from the 2019 class from Ohio, Connor Brady just committed to Virginia tech. He is the 10th rated wrestler in the 2019 class.

Obviously the first conversation will be about Joe at 157 but I don't think it will be a long conversation IMO.

Then you either plan for Geo, Boo or possibly G bulking up to 157.

Obviously the first conversation will be about Joe at 157 but I don't think it will be a long conversation IMO.

Do you guys think Wyatt Sheets is an option at 157 in 2019 or 2020? I know he got injured this year and he's missed a lot of development time so far. Could he be an AA at 157?

Do you guys think Wyatt Sheets is an option at 157 in 2019 or 2020? I know he got injured this year and he's missed a lot of development time so far. Could he be an AA at 157?

he's got a long way before he becomes an AA. Development wise, its just not there yet.

All 3 are/were 141lbers, but I know you are right in that after Joe one of these three would be the most likely to reach the podium next year.

All 3 are/were 141lbers, but I know you are right in that after Joe one of these three would be the most likely to reach the podium next year.

Yea it may not be ideal but with a full offseason it could work out. All three will grow some and Geo sure looked like a big and strong 149 pounder. Boo didn't get horsed around at 149 and looks to have the frame to fully grow into 149 or possibly bump up.

Some pointed to 149 or 157 as the final weight for G in college.

he's got a long way before he becomes an AA. Development wise, its just not there yet.

Probably true. Hoping he's healthy this year and is maybe an option for 2020. One thing I like about Wyatt is that he is a leg rider like his dad. Wish we had more of that in the room. PA guys are killers with the legs.

I would include Jonce in the mix as well. When healthy, he gave everyone a good battle this year. Plus he has the frame to bulk up even more with another year of lifting.

At 170 in the Junior tournament, Zane Coleman is the #1 seed. Potential semi final matchup with Troy Fisher would be interesting. Talon Borror would get E. Ruth in the round of 16.

12-0 over Nation (FL) in the round of 16. He's like a spider on top. Picc and Kaid are already having nightmares. Seriously though, he looks good.
I wish I could say more but being a close friend to them I’m just posting what I can. But we need him at OSU and they want him just trying to make it happen

I wish I could say more but being a close friend to them I’m just posting what I can. But we need him at OSU and they want him just trying to make it happen
Coleman is in the quarters but was not real impressive. Who is the 95 seeded 1st we should watch for? Borror lost a close one to Ruth but had a 5 to 0 lead after 1 period( hurt his knee but finished the match. Butler did look good and is in the quarters. If that continues it says very good things about Surber in the future.

Some people are built differently. I tore mine I would crumple to the ground just walking at times. I couldn’t function. I know others that were able to wrestle and manage without it for a period of time. Incredible if he was able to beat those 3 guys with that injury.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/Po...&twSessionId=cnbsjyoqirrfgec&postId=641237132

Still don't believe he tore it with Heil. Maybe a partial deal? You don't tear that ligament without major swelling...I don't think.

Still don't believe he tore it with Heil. Maybe a partial deal? You don't tear that ligament without major swelling...I don't think.
Minimal swelling with a complete tear. At least that was my experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT