Cowboys @ Jackrabbits

JAY45

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
SDSU has 8 Ranked Wrestlers…
Should be a good Test!

NO. 7 OKLAHOMA STATE VS. NO. 16 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

: Reece Witcraft (15-6) vs. No. 25 Tanner Jordan (14-11)

133: No. 2 Daton Fix (18-0) vs. Derrick Cardinal (9-11)

141: No. 15 Carter Young (11-8) vs. No. 10 Clay Carlson (15-6) -or- Caleb Gross (8-5)

149: No. 21 Victor Voinovich (12-6) vs. Alek Martin (16-10)

157: No. 10 Kaden Gfeller (14-5) vs. No. 19 Cael Swensen (18-5)

165: No. 25 Wyatt Sheets (11-9) vs. No. 15 Tanner Cook (14-2) -or- Connor Gaynor (2-3)

174: No. 9 Dustin Plott (16-2) vs. No. 13 Cade DeVos (18-5)

184: No. 10 Travis Wittlake (13-3) vs. No. 18 Cade King (15-5)

197: No. 16 Luke Surber (15-5) vs. No. 9 Tanner Sloan (17-1)

HWT: No. 23 Konner Doucet (13-6) vs. No. 16 A.J. Nevills (15-4)

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
think this is like the Missouri dual. Matches should all be close and hard-fought, entertaining.

I score it 23-9

Reactions: JAY45
Which team decides on the weight to start the dual at? If its OSU decision I bet they go with Carter at 141 again.

I think we win:

125 (Witcraft finally gets a good victory)

24-9

If Surber is able to wrestle like he did against Elam, it seems like there aren’t too many who can beat him. He refused to be taken down.

We’ll see how far he’s come consistency wise tonight.

Reactions: bwel9339 and driad
Flo or ESPN+?

The schedule says Flo, but there is a link on ESPN+ (that isn’t showing anything yet). For those that have Flo, has the dual started yet?

Weird that ESPN+ has a link to it. Since it’s on Flo, I’m guessing ESPN+ won’t be carrying it. I don’t have Flo, so I’d appreciate updates!

Witcraft gets the reversal than allows a takedown. 9-5 Witcraft. Witcraft got tired in the third. 1 takedown, 1 reversal and over 3 minutes of riding time.

After period 1, Fix winning 6-0. One takedown and turn for back points. Almost had him pinned. Basically rode the SDSU wrestler the whole period, over 2 minutes in RT for Fox.

CY with a quick TD on Carlson. CY cuts him loose. CY in deep again. Stalemate. CY with an outside sweep single. Nothing. About time for a stalling call on Carlson. CY shoots again. Carlson counters for a TD. 3-2 end of first.

Carlson chooses down. CY trying to ride. Stall call on Young for not taking him back to the mat. Escape Carlson. 4-2. Carlson. CY shoots again and ears hips. Stalemate. :40 left in 2nd. Pretty sure no real shots by Carlson yet. CY tries a half shot. End of 2nd. Crowd wants another stall on CY. Gimme a break.

CY down. Stalling on Carlson as they were going off the mat. Pretty rowdy crowd. They are close to Iowa so they think stalling is wrestling. Escape CY. 4-3. 1:30 left. RT not a factor. Another shot by CY. Wild scramble. No points. CY shoots again. :20 left. Shot by CY. Carlson fights it off. Carlson wins 4-3 without a single shot.

VV shoots off the whistle on Martin. Stalemate. Deep high crotch by VV. Trying to turn the corner. Martin coming out the back door. Stalemate. Martin shoots and whiffs. TD VV 2-0. I see why they aren’t taking any shots. Vic putting legs in but getting too high on two occasions.

Martin takes down to start 2nd. Vic with 1:00 of RT. Esc Martin. 2-1. 1:19 RT VV. Nothing happening. Ear to ear in the middle. Lefty HC from VV with :20 left. Can’t finish.

3rd. VV down. Still 2-1 VV. Esc VV 3-1. RT under 1:00. Deep shot from Martin. VV extended. Stalemate. 1:00 left. Another shot from Martin. Nothing there. VV shoots. Stalemate. :30 left. 3-1 Vic leads. Shot by Martin. VV hips back. That does it. VV wins 3-1. Pokes lead 10-3.

G vs Swenson.
G coming with his typical up around the head backing him up. Swenson ranked higher than G according to these announcers.
Swenson shoots. G catches an arm behind the back. They work out of it. G gets and inside leg turk and the TD. Trying to put him on his back. :39 left. He’s on his back!!!! 4 NF for G. 6-0.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
Swenson starts 3rd down. G has RT around 1:00. G locks up a cradle. Swenson breaks it. Out of bounds. G gets his 2nd warning. G jacks up Swenson left and pushes him out. Stall warning on G. G cuts him loose. 7-1. G shoved him out and they call action. Yeah right. Lots of heavy hands. :50 left. G double under backs him out. Stall warning. Scoreboard shows 8-1. Should be 7-1. Refs going to the table. G has RT locked up. :16 left. It is 7-1. G needs a TD for the major. G half shot. Swenson nearly has the 2. G comes around and nearly gets the 2. G wins 8-1. 13-3 Pokes lead. 10 minute halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT