ADVERTISEMENT

OK State vs. Pittsburgh

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Using the 1/15 rankings from Flowrestling the matchups for the Pittsburgh match would indicate one win for Pittsburgh at 157 from #12 ranked Taleb Rahmani. I will go on record predicting a shutout win with Shomers defeating Rahmani in a close match. Pittsburgh is 8-0 so far with wins over Big 12 opponents, North and South Dakota State, UNI, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
125 Nick Piccinnini #4 vs. Brandon Fenton TF Pic
133 Daton Fix #2 vs. Micky Phillipi #5. Good test for Daton 9-2 decision
141 Kaid Brock #12 vs. L.J. Bentley MD for Brock
149 Kaden Gfeller vs. Robert Lee MD for the G-Man
157 Andrew Shomers NR vs. Taleb Rahmani #12 3-2 dec. for Shomers
165 Chandler Rogers#11 vs. Jake Wentzel Pin for Rogers
174 Joe Smith #5 vs. Greg Harvey MD for Smith
184 Jacobe Smith #10 vs. Nino Bonocorsi #18 Dec. for Jacobe
197 Dakota Geer #13 vs. Kellan Stout MD for Dakota
285 Derek White #2 vs. Demetrius Thomas #13 Dec. for White
If my arithmetic is correct I predict score of 38-0 OK State.
Since Pittsburgh defeated West Virginia 37-3 I am not making predictions on that match.

Last edited:
like the predictions, but one too many Smith's in the lineup. Hopefully Fix-Phillipi is more exciting, and less stressful, than last weekend!

like the predictions, but one too many Smith's in the lineup. Hopefully Fix-Phillipi is more exciting, and less stressful, than last weekend!
So it's not true that Dakota has been adopted? Although would be good if Dakota were on the Joe Smith meal plan. ;)

Flo reported that G, Shomers, Joe, Jacobe & Dakota all weighed in 2 lbs under for Rutgers. So Shomers wouldn't be allowed to go 157 yet because of the descent rules. I think it's likely we see Blaylock & Shomers again.

Gavin is doing a terrific job with Pitt.

Reactions: osu2082
Flo reported that G, Shomers, Joe, Jacobe & Dakota all weighed in 2 lbs under for Rutgers. So Shomers wouldn't be allowed to go 157 yet because of the descent rules. I think it's likely we see Blaylock & Shomers again.

But was that 2 under the 1 lb over allowance or 2 under the actual wt class?

But was that 2 under the 1 lb over allowance or 2 under the actual wt class?

Spey said scratch weight, so I took that as 163 for Shomers. But you are only allowed to drop 1.5% per week I believe.

I get it that Shomers is dropping to 157, but a little fuzzy on what it means for Geer, Jacobe Smith and Joe Smith unless Chandler's injury is worse than originally thought.

I get it that Shomers is dropping to 157, but a little fuzzy on what it means for Geer, Jacobe Smith and Joe Smith unless Chandler's injury is worse than originally thought.
I guess no one else knew about the adoption but me. Breaking news!:)

I guess no one else knew about the adoption but me. Breaking news!:)
If what Wrassler17 heard was correct then Shomers could not wrestle at 157. Since neither West Virginia or Pitt appears to be a challenge for us I suppose John could have Chandler stay at home and heal up meaning it would be Jonce to wrestle. I will stand by my prediction however and still say it will be a shutout.

Reactions: Wrassler17

Without see all the actual weigh in weights both days it's a little bit hard to tell what this means, if anything. If 4 guys just happened to be ~ pound under scratch wt (which would be 2 lb under required) but then closer other day, prob doesn't mean much. Joe looks like a guy who needs to get down under 170/172 a few times and then manage it better and come back up. He didn't look good at Princeton, totally gassed at end.

Hopefully the weather that is projected holds off long enough for these duals to happen. The heaviest of stuff is supposed to start in this area on Saturday around lunch.

Pitt is 8-0 and they are at home as we travel and also the second day in a row to make weight. Not saying they could upset us but may be a more difficult match than many think. Go Pokes!

The heaviest of stuff should hold off until this afternoon, I would guess if they are already in the area they will wrestle. Travel home could be an issue, lots of delays and cancellations at airports. It’s been pretty steady snowing for a couple hours in Columbus, and isn’t supposed to let up anytime soon.

And just like that 133 is up in the air again, questionable no call on the stall not moving up from the ankle. Forced fix to need a reversal instead of an escape with 20 seconds left

Fix drops his first match of the year 3-1. Pitt scored all 3 points in the 3rd especially a questionable takedown.

Brock PIN in 32 seconds.

11-3 oSu

Jacobe looked strong but not offensive at all, his re attacks And go behinds were the difference maker, he was at least two knuckles deep on his first take down

Thought last weekend based on warm up might see Sheets in lineup. I'm willing to give up a mid season match at 133 to find a 157lber. Too early to tell but he looked good this weekend. Especially liked toughness in defending that double arm lock, looked like Sheets could've scored 2pt danger but also came close to going up 2pt takedown.

Sheets with a big win over a ranked guy on the road puts him very much in the mix at 157.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT