ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Howdy gentleman..... just catching up. @AtownPoke I get exactly what youre saying. However lets not confuse culture w/ style. David Taylor has a philosophy of scoring points and having fun. Thats not going to happen overnight. And yes, Amine's style is not a high scoring one. But as far as culture, does Amine live it? Does he work hard? Does he set the right kind of example in those two areas 365 days a year for the younger guys on the team? Idk but that's culture my friend.

As far as some other things recently in the thread, I have different thoughts about winning vs culture. Imo the right culture leads to winning, not the other way around. For example, Iowa could put AJ in the line up and it will likely lead to more wins, but is that good for culture? I think we all know the answer is HELL NO.

As far as having so many transfers come in (if we add Amine) it is what it is. One good thing about it is having tough savvy veterans in the room for the young guys to learn from. And I read where @AtownPoke said keep Amine away from Thompson which I thought was funny lol. Got news for you man, the reality is that Amine is WAYYYY more offensive than BT (and that's saying something) and a winner.

I look forward to the days when we are challenging for natty championships with mainly guys we recruited. That'll take awhile so best we can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

Fartz out ✌️
Love it. Thanks for the reply.

My point on it being part of the culture is that culture is on and off the mat. It’s not just about doing the little things and commitment… it’s how you see yourself as a wrestler / competitor and so yes I believe style and aggression can be part of that. I’ve seen it for years in high school. When a new coach comes in you can see an entire group change how they see themselves as wrestlers and how they go about accomplishing their goals.

I’ll be the first to admit that I was probably going alittle too far yesterday but it was just a curve ball that I didn’t like. I’d rather have someone Bearclaw with unseen potential than a ground down old veteran that never wrestled a top end style anyway.

I am with atown on this one for the most part. It appears I am with you on the rest.

I hate boring Wrestling, but the guy wins.

I am pro bringing him and Bear Claw in, while putting shirts on Fish, Hamiti, Plott, Hendrickson. It would look like this.

25- TS
33- Hughes
41- Jamison
49- Williams/Young
57- TT
65- Bear Claw
74- Amine
84- ?
97- CC
HW- Doucet/Surber

Then the following year looks like this.

25- TS
33- ?
41- Hughes
49- Young/TT
57- Williams
65- Fish
74- Hamiti
84- Plott
97- CC
HW- Hendrickson
Agree on this because the fact is we need to fill roster spots w/ legit guys for a couple years. Its that simple.

I am with atown on this one for the most part. It appears I am with you on the rest.

I hate boring Wrestling, but the guy wins.

I am pro bringing him and Bear Claw in, while putting shirts on Fish, Hamiti, Plott, Hendrickson. It would look like this.

25- TS
33- Hughes
41- Jamison
49- Williams/Young
57- TT
65- Bear Claw
74- Amine
84- ?
97- CC
HW- Doucet/Surber

Then the following year looks like this.

25- TS
33- ?
41- Hughes
49- Young/TT
57- Williams
65- Fish
74- Hamiti
84- Plott
97- CC
HW- Hendrickson
For the question marks in the lineup. I’d assume Robb would slot in at 184. Or I guess you could have BT move up and redshirt him the next year.

For the next year I’d guess 133 would be Sakamoto or Mccomas. I think 149 would be Jamison since it seems like 141 is a big cut for him.

For the question marks in the lineup. I’d assume Robb would slot in at 184. Or I guess you could have BT move up and redshirt him the next year.

For the next year I’d guess 133 would be Sakamoto or Mccomas. I think 149 would be Jamison since it seems like 141 is a big cut for him.
Always figured Sakamoto at 33 but hes a little dude. After freestyle hes gonna have to get on some feed, bigtime.

So many options and it’s all conjecture but say we do RS all the SRs

You have to wrestle BT and Merrill this year correct? Otherwise
BT loses a year and one of Merrill or Wyatt would lose a year next year

So many options and it’s all conjecture but say we do RS all the SRs

You have to wrestle BT and Merrill this year correct? Otherwise
BT loses a year and one of Merrill or Wyatt would lose a year next year
We may see some greyshirt utilization with BT and Merrill? Just a guess?

But also, medshirts are possible.

The last time Amine was on campus was the day before Kerk announced he was going to Ohio State. 2018

• Wow
Reactions: JAY45
I'm sorry. I was looking for the back story for why he needed a Medical RS. I've been on this sleepy forum for 8 years but have probably missed the details.

No longer sleepy. LOVE the new vibe.
No, I am saying a possibility of using a medshirt...nobody is needing one currently.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
All y’all upset about Amine…he’s a great pick up…come on now it’s about getting the best wrestlers in the room willing to live the right way and strive to be the best they can. His defensive style will help others finish takedowns.
I don’t think it’s y’all… it was really just me and I’ll get over it (especially if he’s a fill in for a punt year)

All y’all upset about Amine…he’s a great pick up…come on now it’s about getting the best wrestlers in the room willing to live the right way and strive to be the best they can. His defensive style will help others finish takedowns.
Exactly! Having someone like that in the room with make all his partners sharpen their takedown skills.

I’m trying to figure out the game plan. There are a ton of athletes in the upper weights. I’m sure it’s going to be redshirts and do well this year but bank on a run next year. I’m trying to figure out where all the puzzle pieces go

Reactions: AtownPoke
I’m trying to figure out the game plan. There are a ton of athletes in the upper weights. I’m sure it’s going to be redshirts and do well this year but bank on a run next year. I’m trying to figure out where all the puzzle pieces go
Any upper classmen, with a redshirt to burn, go in one group. ‘26

Upper classmen, w/o a redshirt (plus the potential of one more guy), go into another group. ‘25

Last edited:
Reactions: Air_Thurman
It’s pretty simple really.

25-49 is what it is, 57-285 is an opportunity.

Keckeisen, storocci and Kerk graduate. That’s at least 2 champs, probably 3.

We have fish, amine, Hamiti, plott, Hendrickson and maybe bear claw from 57-285. 4 of the 6 have a RS available. 6 out of 6 are likely AAs, but for sure 4/6 are AAs. So, wrestle the two that don’t have a shirt this year and it’s the same thing.

No RS, Hamiti, Plott and Hendrickson AA, Fish probable AA. Then what do you do with bear claw and Amine…two likely AAs with no shirt.

Why waste a probable 2 finalist in the back half lineup when nobody is catching PSU this year anyway. RS Fish, Hamiti, Plott and Hendrickson, let Amine and BearClaw AA this year and make a serious run at PSU in year 2?

It’s pretty simple really.

25-49 is what it is, 57-285 is an opportunity.

Keckeisen, storocci and Kerk graduate. That’s at least 2 champs, probably 3.

We have fish, amine, Hamiti, plott, Hendrickson and maybe bear claw from 57-285. 4 of the 6 have a RS available. 6 out of 6 are likely AAs, but for sure 4/6 are AAs. So, wrestle the two that don’t have a shirt this year and it’s the same thing.

No RS, Hamiti, Plott and Hendrickson AA, Fish probable AA. Then what do you do with bear claw and Amine…two likely AAs with no shirt.

Why waste a probable 2 finalist in the back half lineup when nobody is catching PSU this year anyway. RS Fish, Hamiti, Plott and Hendrickson, let Amine and BearClaw AA this year and make a serious run at PSU in year 2?
Nice job

Reactions: chasepollard
Hard to see where he would have found a spot. He’s competing against Brayden Thompson and Jersey Robb if at 174 or 184, and would have to sit another year.

Wish him the best! His uncle is a good friend.
I liked him, but this makes a lot of sense. Hope he finds a good home and we get to watch him win against anyone that isn’t a cowboy.

Feels like another example of the point I was trying to make in this post. OSU’s talent has been a bit logjammed.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT