ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Pat mineo tweeted Michigan was interested but I don’t think that makes sense. They have amine at 165 and beau mantanona behind him so one of them would go 174 so no room for hamiti but idk hell if hamiti does go to Michigan then ok state should go get mantanona

He’s listed as “do not contact” according to this story.
Then he's already taken. Hamiti would be a great pick up. Gotta be honest though, I hate some of the talk I've seen in the past of getting a guy for 1 year and then the spot is "open" for Lockett. Get a stud with 3 years or so. Let Ladarion earn it. We need a damn 74 just as badly.

I agree that we need a 174 very bad. 165 is more of a hole in my opinion because we don’t have a top 6 165 in the big 12 on the roster. 174 and 133 are similar to me go get a guy that has offense and can AA. With Lockett I think him and any other top level recruits need to wrestle right away. That class will only have 1 year with our freshman class if they redshirt.

What theyre saying online. Hope Im wrong.
Have you seen anything from anyone credible? Mineo is 50/50 IMO, sometimes he throws stuff out just as hypothetical/rumors to drive engagement. I‘ve just seen people guessing, I think everyone assumes Michigan as PSU doesn’t need a 165 and Michigan proved last year they’ve got big $ for NIL/Transfers and were the most active. They have Cliff Keen $, great RTC, solid facilities, can def see it. My hopeful thinking is he saw first hand how much better Izaak got, which he did, just hard to move up that bracket much, 3 world class guys. And with Carr gone and O’Toole bumping to 74, 165 looks wide open in the Big 12. We shall see soon, the next month will be huge for our 2025 lineup.

Reactions: bwel9339
People are just saying Mich because they have the money and have shown they really like the portal. I don't know if he has any ties to us therefore I would be surprised if we were his landing spot. I would be happy to have him though.

Reactions: BigDogsGottaEat
Connor McGonagle Lehigh 133 is in the portal too. He was ranked in the top 5 and beat Sam Latona in the All Star meet this season before losing his starting spot to Ryan Crookham. Has some good wins too. Beat Wyatt Henson, Micki Phillipi, and Kai Orine in 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: tom_v31
Connor McGonagle Lehigh 133 is in the portal too. He was ranked in the top 5 and beat Sam Latona in the All Star meet this season before losing his starting spot to Ryan Crookham. Has some good wins too. Beat Wyatt Henson, Micki Phillipi, and Kai Orine in 2023.
If Hughes can’t make 33, he would be a solid pickup, from what I heard he was neck and neck with Crookham.

I think we have our 133 issue resolved with a transfer, but McGonagle would be a nice lift if the portal issue does not come through. To think an international wrestler is ready to go year one is not likely. Our Japenese guy needs to redshirt one year.

I think we have our 133 issue resolved with a transfer, but McGonagle would be a nice lift if the portal issue does not come through. To think an international wrestler is ready to go year one is not likely. Our Japenese guy needs to redshirt one year.
Who is the 133 transfer?

We need a one or two year solution at 165. I thought that Hamati was a one year solution there, but 174 would work if Thompson will redshirt and really belongs at 184. We are still missing a 165 pounder and I did not see a solution that would make sense for us if Hamati is not a 165 pounder. I think Hamati lost to Issak in the blood round which is Friday night after hours of recovery time. Hamati lost to Carr Friday morning, so he may not have had recovery time, but Carr is a tough out at any time. Mulvaney from Bucknell just did not get it done in March, but he is a true freshman.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Curious how big Peyton Keller the 157 pounder from Ohio is. He finished on the podium in 5th place with a lot of explosive moves. Curious if he could move up to 165 effectively. He lost to Franek on Thursday night and clawed back to finish 5th. He may be a right sized 157 pounder, but he seemed very quick. He got a couple of falls in consolation

Reactions: TheJimReaper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT