ADVERTISEMENT

Latest from Disney

So if little Betty is in a class with little Johnny who has two mothers and Johnny speaks of his two mothers, draws a picture of his family, and a teacher answers simple questions Betty has about why Johnny has two Moms . . . do you consider this sexualizing Betty and the other students in the class?

I agree we have a lot of real problems with our educational system that needs to be addressed, improved, and fixed. Real problems, not created problems like DeSantis and his cronies have done here to pander to his supporters.

We should most definitely focus on the real issues and get away from this hateful nonsense and political pandering. DeSantis and his cronies aren't addressing the real educational problems we have here in Florida (one being the teacher shortage we have).

Desantis broke you. 🤣🤣

200w.gif

200w.gif

Funny bit here is who picks up the costs and covers the lost tax revenue resulting from the change of status for Disney? Desantis culture warring is going to cost at least $160 mln in lost tax revenues.
This is the first time I’ve heard about lost tax revenue. How will Florida lose $160 million in lost tax revenue by eliminating tax breaks for Disney?

Last edited:
Reactions: AC2020
So if little Betty is in a class with little Johnny who has two mothers and Johnny speaks of his two mothers, draws a picture of his family, and a teacher answers simple questions Betty has about why Johnny has two Moms . . . do you consider this sexualizing Betty and the other students in the class?
"Some people have two moms" comes nowhere close to discussing sexual orientation.

Last edited:

I agree we have a lot of real problems with our educational system that needs to be addressed, improved, and fixed. Real problems, not created problems like DeSantis and his cronies have done here to pander to his supporters.

We should most definitely focus on the real issues and get away from this hateful nonsense and political pandering. DeSantis and his cronies aren't addressing the real educational problems we have here in Florida (one being the teacher shortage we have).
I was going to respond, but you lost me at this. Everything in life is not political.

This is the first time I’ve heard about lost tax revenue. How will Florida lose $160 million in lost tax revenue by eliminating tax breaks for Disney?
Those estimates assume that no new tax is imposed. Reality is that the local government taking over the responsibilities from Disney will propose and pass local taxes on the businesses (i.e., Disney), probably in amounts higher than Disney was paying before since Disney was running it at a deficit.

Disney World is its own little state within a state and not dependent or accountable on the state. Police, utilities, roads, building inspectors....

"Some people have two moms" comes nowhere close to discussing sexual orientation.
Sure it does. In order to discuss two moms, one has to discuss and even instruct on he issue of sexual orientation at some level.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I was going to respond, but you lost me at this. Everything in life is not political.
I agree everything in life is not political. But DeSantis' war on public education is definitely nothing but political. He is a demagogue who is currently obsessed with positioning himself well with Trump voters come 2024.

Let me know if you ever find the time to answer the question I asked of you though.

Funny bit here is who picks up the costs and covers the lost tax revenue resulting from the change of status for Disney? Desantis culture warring is going to cost at least $160 mln in lost tax revenues.
One positive in all of this is more and more reasonable Americans are being exposed to what DeSantis is really all about and how he is hurting Florida.

DeSantis Takes On Disney With Taxpayers in the Middle

Last edited:
Those estimates assume that no new tax is imposed. Reality is that the local government taking over the responsibilities from Disney will propose and pass local taxes on the businesses (i.e., Disney), probably in amounts higher than Disney was paying before since Disney was running it at a deficit.
The CNBC article says that even if Florida does this the tax rates will be capped at a lower rate than what Disney is currently paying. The Democrat Minority Leader tried to amend the bill so that a further study of the tax consequences could be made. That was too sensible and was, of course, rejected.

I agree everything in life is not political. But DeSantis' war on public education is definitely nothing but political. He is a demagogue who is currently obsessed with positioning himself well with Trump voters come 2024.

Let me know if you ever find the time to answer the question I asked of you though.
For the sake of argument lets assume you are correct that DeSantis is positioning himself to run for president in 2024 by taking actions that appeal to Trump voters. What exactly do you find philosophically objectionable to a politician taking action to appeal to voters? Are not Trump supporters allowed a voice and a vote? Are not Trump supporters allowed access to politicians that seek to employ policies they desire? It strikes me you are making a particularly asinine argument. Trump supporters have every right to access to politicians who seek their favor, and politicians have every right to seek their favor by agreeing with them. When you make this argument you damage any credibility. You have been asked - repeatedly! - to quote the exact language of the bill that proposed exactly what you say. And yet you instead resort to name calling DeSantis and his supporters. You are way off your feed today.

What exactly do you find philosophically objectionable to a politician taking action to appeal to voters?
I find it objectionable for a demagogue like DeSantis to create problems that don't exist so that he can pander to the worst elements in his own party. I find it objectionable for a demagogue like DeSantis to attack the most vulnerable among us so that he can score political points with the worst elements in his party. I find it objectionable for the governor of my state to ignore the real educational problems in our state.

Can DeSantis do what he is doing? Sure. Can he pander to Trump supporters and only care about making them happy? Sure. Can he try to out trump Trump? Sure. But the rest of us can also oppose what he is doing, oppose his harmful policies and actions, and call him what he is and draw attention to what he is doing. We have every right to oppose the Trump wannabe.

You have been asked - repeatedly! - to quote the exact language of the bill that proposed exactly what you say. And yet you instead resort to name calling DeSantis and his supporters.
Dan, you need to take the time to read my posts for once so you don't look so foolish. I literally quoted the exact language from the bill just a few hours ago (once again).

Link

Stop playing your silly games. I've provided this already. Read my posts.

Blue font the last word at a minimum !

Sure it does. In order to discuss two moms, one has to discuss and even instruct on he issue of sexual orientation at some level.
No not necessary at to discuss it in that depth. "why does johnny have two mommies?" "because some people have two mommies"

You wouldn't answer "why does betty have a new daddy" with "Well betty's mom is now in a sexual relationship with someone different than her previous husband" you would merely say "because sometimes people get new dads"

To any follow up questions "ask your parents or guardian"

No not necessary at to discuss it in that depth. "why does johnny have two mommies?" "because some people have two mommies"

You wouldn't answer "why does betty have a new daddy" with "Well betty's mom is now in a sexual relationship with someone different than her previous husband" you would merely say "because sometimes people get new dads"

The common sense is strong in this post.

You just can’t help yourself.

I find it objectionable for a demagogue like DeSantis to create problems that don't exist so that he can pander to the worst elements in his own party. I find it objectionable for a demagogue like DeSantis to attack the most vulnerable among us so that he can score political points with the worst elements in his party. I find it objectionable for the governor of my state to ignore the real educational problems in our state.

Can DeSantis do what he is doing? Sure. Can he pander to Trump supporters and only care about making them happy? Sure. Can he try to out trump Trump? Sure. But the rest of us can also oppose what he is doing, oppose his harmful policies and actions, and call him what he is and draw attention to what he is doing. We have every right to oppose the Trump wannabe.

Dan, you need to take the time to read my posts for once so you don't look so foolish. I literally quoted the exact language from the bill just a few hours ago (once again).

Link

Stop playing your silly games. I've provided this already. Read my posts.
I have read your posts in meticulaous detail, my friend. The closest you have come to actually fulfilling the requests have been a bland quote that is rife with generalities that signify nothing, certainly not the hate-filled rhetoric you so desperately want to believe. You might want to take note that your emotional appeals have been countered by factual references from virtually every other member of this board, from left to right. You may want to pause for a moment and reflect on the hill you are dying on, that maybe for the first time in yourlife you are completely wrong. You might want to ponder that @07pilt has given you ample opportunity to understand the complete illogic of your argument. He's trying to get you to see that your argument seriously harms the leftist cause, because independent nonpartisan voters recognize it for the baloney it is. You're driving people into DeSantis' open arms. It is this seemingly autistic need for you to have the last word in every discussion that is so annoying. You need to learn to open your ears to what people are actually saying, not what you think they are saying. This is obviously a very emotional situation for you. Take a deep breath and let it go!

Might want to pay attention to Ponca Dan there 2 cents. He is trying an intervention to protect you from yourself.

I wonder what the property value is of all of Disney's holdings in Florida? I would imagine it's in the billions. That would make for a substantial property tax bill.

I have read your posts in meticulaous detail, my friend. The closest you have come to actually fulfilling the requests have been a bland quote that is rife with generalities that signify nothing, certainly not the hate-filled rhetoric you so desperately want to believe.
🙄 I see you want to play your silly games. This is what you do. When you disagree with someone and can't come up with an intelligent response to that person's comments, you complain about their comments being rife with generalities and expressing nothing of importance. I have seen you do this sooo many times on this board.

Frankly Dan, I could care less what you think about my posts on this issue except that I am glad to know you once again disagree with my position on this issue. You have been so wrong on this board so many times, why would anyone want you agreeing with them? When it comes to your opinion on political topics, one should only worry when you agree with them. That should seriously give one pause about their own position!

You might want to take note that your emotional appeals have been countered by factual references from virtually every other member of this board, from left to right.
No, not virtually every member. I guess you have missed or ignored those posters, including a few on the right, who have objected to what DeSantis is doing in Florida. Are the usual suspects on this board supporting a right-wing demagogue? Yep. But that isn't surprising at all.

btw, I find it hilarious that you claim my "emotional appeals" have been countered with factual references. So right-wingers calling those who disagree with them on this issue groomers and pedophiles is now considered a factual reference in your opinion? Those comments have nothing to do with emotion, is that what you are actually trying to claim?🙄

I've seen very few facts given in response to anything I or others have said in opposition to what DeSantis is doing. Really, about the only poster that has given a reasonable (but still misguided) response has been @07pilt.

He's trying to get you to see that your argument seriously harms the leftist cause, because independent nonpartisan voters recognize it for the baloney it is. You're driving people into DeSantis' open arms.
I understand the point @07pilt is making, but he is wrong. And again, I'm not surprised you agree with it, because you usually embrace the wrong position on most political issues (see my comments above).

Those who make the argument that @07pilt is making are very similar to the Democrats who made the same argument back in the 1960s regarding civil rights. They are afraid of losing voters instead of standing up for what is right. It was right for Democrats, led by southern Democrats like LBJ, to embrace and pass civil rights. It was right for Democrats, led by men like northern Democrat Hubert Humphrey, to call for the party to move out of of the shadow of states' rights and walk forthrightly into the bright sunshine of human rights, as Humphrey did at the 1948 Democratic Convention.

Plenty of Democrats responsed to this just like pilt is. They warned Democrats would lose the south, they warned Democrats would lose white voters, they warned Democrats would lose nonpartisan voters, they warned they were playing into the hands of racist politicians like George Wallace, etc. Heck, even LBJ acknowledged that Democrats had probably lost the South for a generation after signing into law the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

But yet, he still signed the act into law. The Democratic Party didn't listen to those warning and worrying voices, because sometimes, the right thing to do may cost you votes in the short-term. But you do what is right anyways. You show backbone and character. You stand for something, instead of falling for everything.

This is a human rights issue. This is an issue about equality and treating all Americans the same, with the same decency and respect that all people are entitled to. This is about opposing bigotry once again. So whether this helps or hurts Democrats (and btw, we really don't know the answer to this because the polling has shown conflicting data), in the end, that doesn't matter. Standing up for human rights and equality while resisting bigotry is always the right choice for the Democratic Party.

Last edited:
This is a human rights issue. This is an issue about equality and treating all Americans the same, with the same decency and respect that all people are entitled to. This is about opposing bigotry once again.
Sorry you regressive shitbags can't teach inappropriate things to children. Maybe more of your petulant flailing will convince us?

"because some people have two mommies"
Which again, is getting into the area of sexual orientation. Yes, it isn't a deep conversation about sexual orientation that one may see in college, but it can still deal with sexual orientation. Something this bill forbids at this grade levels.

The grade levels we are referencing in Florida have lessons about families. And no one has every objected to teaching children about family structures and allowing them to understand their own family and be appreciative of it. Children at this age draw pictures of their families and sometimes, those pictures are displayed in the classroom and in the hallways.

This bill creates major problems for public school educators when it comes to lessons like this and other lessons. It creates confusion, and it could lead to a chilling effect.

It is just not necessary. It does more harm than good.

i.e., a chilling effect.

There are reasons Florida has a teaching shortage. Policies like this from DeSantis is one of the reasons.

Sorry you regressive shitbags can't teach inappropriate things to children.
I am not advocating teaching anything inappropriate to children. Nor are most of those who oppose this bill.

As usual, you are creating a problem that doesn't exist, creating a red herring, creating a bigoted fear that you can argue against. That you can use to marginalize and stigmatize other Americans with.

I am not advocating teaching anything inappropriate to children. Nor are most of those who oppose this bill.

As usual, you are creating a problem that doesn't exist, creating a red herring, creating a bigoted fear that you can argue against. That you can use to marginalize and stigmatize other Americans with.
Obviously most of us disagree with your portrayal of the bill and your opinion. Regardless it's now the law and your side will have to deal with it just like we've had to deal with legislation we disagree with.

Regardless it's now the law and your side will have to deal with it just like we've had to deal with legislation we disagree with.
No, we don't have to just deal with it. We can oppose it, challenge it politically and legally, and continue to defend and support all Americans. And we can draw attention to how it is hurting Florida, along with DeSantis' other crazy acts.

No, we don't have to just deal with it. We can oppose it, challenge it politically and legally, and continue to defend and support all Americans. And we can draw attention to how it is hurting Florida, along with DeSantis' other crazy acts.
*snicker*

This guy is calling the governor of the great state of Florida "crazy."

iu

Good luck with that. Hell, even more than 50% of Democrats in Florida support it. Once again, sorry you regressive shitbags can't teach inappropriate things to children.

We can't wait. By all means throw a fit, rhee and by all means make it a campaign issue. You dumbasses haven't learned that you don't mess with people's kids.

You dumbasses haven't learned that you don't mess with people's kids.
No one is messing with people's kids. That is what you right-wingers want people to think to play on people's fear. Because that is how your right-wing propagandists play on your fear, hate, and anger in order to control you.

For some reason, you want to keep fighting the same losing battles. These cultural wars never turn out well for you right-wingers, and in the end, you always lose.

No one is messing with people's kids. That is what you right-wingers want people to think to play on people's fear. Because that is how your right-wing propagandists play on your fear, hate, and anger in order to control you.

For some reason, you want to keep fighting the same losing battles. These cultural wars never turn out well for you right-wingers, and in the end, you always lose.
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT