CowboyUp61

Starter
May 22, 2016
125: Noah Baughman (Cornell) vs. #11 Nick Piccinnini (OSU) Picc by MD 4-0
133: #14 Mark Grey (Cornell) vs. #6 Kaid Brock (OSU) Brock by MD 8-0
141: Will Koll (Cornell) vs. #1 Dean Heil (OSU Heil MD 12-0
149: Joey Galasso (Cornell) vs. #3 Anthony Collica (OSU) Collica by MD 16-0
157: Taylor Simaz (Cornell) vs. # Joseph Smith (OSU) Smith by MD 20-0
165: #20 Brandon Womack (Cornell) vs. #6 Chandler Rogers (OSU) Rogers by MD 24-0
174: #6 Brian Realbuto (Cornell) vs. #4 Kyle Crutchmer (OSU) Crutchmer 8-4 27-0
184: #1 Gabe Dean (Cornell) vs. #5 Nolan Boyd (OSU) Dean by Dec 8-5 27-3
197: Ben Honis (Cornell) vs. #4 Preston Weigel (OSU) Weigel by MD 31-3
285: Jeramy Sweany (Cornell) vs. #13 Austin Schafer (OSU) Schafer MD 35-3

Don't see any changes to our normal scoring habits. If Joseph doesn't wrestle, we will still win 157, but maybe lose a team point. 174 and 184 would be worth the price of admission-hopefully the kid's tournament will be wound down enough for me to get there!

I've got two tickets free to a good home if someone wants to use them. I'm in the OKC area. DM me if interested.

Can anyone think of a time when both HC sons were wrestling, other than Ohio State?

Can anyone think of a time when both HC sons were wrestling, other than Ohio State?
Only other team I could think of with a father son on it was Indiana last year against tOSU. I would've brang up spates but neither of his sons went to OU

165: #20 Brandon Womack (Cornell) vs. #6 Chandler Rogers (OSU) Rogers by MD 24-0

Don't see any changes to our normal scoring habits. If Joseph doesn't wrestle, we will still win 157, but maybe lose a team point. 174 and 184 would be worth the price of admission-hopefully the kid's tournament will be wound down enough for me to get there!

Come on, you were on a roll there, just throw a pin in for Boyd & make it a perfect shutout. A quick pin probably the easiest way to beat Dean, last year's approach was the hard way.

I don't see Dean majoring Koll. I hope I'm wrong but Will Koll is a scrappy dude that is strong as hell. Wrestled Ashnault to like a one point match until the third period.

Only other team I could think of with a father son on it was Indiana last year against tOSU. I would've brang up spates but neither of his sons went to OU

Don't bring that tOSU crap on here. This is wrestling, and anybody who knows anything about wrestling knows who The OSU is. 34 and counting says a lot more than 1 and counting.

Come on, you were on a roll there, just throw a pin in for Boyd & make it a perfect shutout. A quick pin probably the easiest way to beat Dean, last year's approach was the hard way.
the fan in me said yes, but....Nolan is one of my favorites, does what he does through hard work, and I think of all the people at 84 has probably the best chance to beat Dean. Hope he does-but every now and then realism bites me on the behind.

My boys will be out of town so I will by flying solo can would take one of you up on a single ticket for Friday.They usually go and use their Pistol Pete partners card.Call or text me and we can meet outside before the match.405 762 1832

Don't bring that tOSU crap on here. This is wrestling, and anybody who knows anything about wrestling knows who The OSU is. 34 and counting says a lot more than 1 and counting.
tumblr_ob3jak3ji51vayxj5o1_400.gif

Actually, the differentiation is a compliment to OSU as in there is only one OSU in wrestling and it's Oklahoma State. Ohio State actually refers to their university as "The Ohio State"...even says so on the diplomas. Also, ask any of their douchebag fans...present company excluded of course NY. So wrestling fans started making fun of the "The" by giving them a little t or go with FOSU which could stand for football or a four letter word which I think you can guess. Always here to help...now I'll get off your lawn.

Actually, the differentiation is a compliment to OSU as in there is only one OSU in wrestling and it's Oklahoma State. Ohio State actually refers to their university as "The Ohio State"...even says so on the diplomas. Also, ask any of their douchebag fans...present company excluded of course NY. So wrestling fans started making fun of the "The" by giving them a little t or go with FOSU which could stand for football or a four letter word which I think you can guess. Always here to help...now I'll get off your lawn.
You are welcome on our lawn. I always thought of the f as fake OSU!

Reactions: Azchief32
Rodgers looked like crap
We did not seem prepared to wrestle. Piccinini is really struggling on his feet which is major concern for our team potential. Crutchmer was nonaggressive which is his MO against good opponents which is a real concern. Rogers experienced a horrible tragedy less than a year ago and that may be involved in his wrestling this year, along with the weight cutting. Weigel seemed disinterested for 2 periods. Kaid was great, and so was Collica. Heil, Boyd and Schaefer were okay. It was good to see Smith wrestle and he was okay also especially for his first match of the year. I didn't enjoy watching this dual. Taking 2 weeks off might be a mistake at this time of the year.

Pic looked quick and dangerous on his feet and has for most of this year. He will need to adjust to finish with more consistency against strong scramblers. He got pinned off a deep shot in which he lost position and lost position in the ensuing scramble. The line surprised born wrestlers IMO.

Nothing I saw tonight made me question Pics potential.

Rogers on the other hand may be in a little rut with a weight cut and learning how to mange matches. He didn't look good tonight no question.

Brock and Collica have both looked fantastic. Brock is going to surprise people in March (Schafer might as well)!

Rodgers didn't even look like he cared tonight. Just went thru the motions. John didn't look very happy with him either.

We've got plenty of knowledgeable fans chief you know every fan base has its nut balls ;)

Picked it up at hwy .

Really like how Schaffer is wrestling....seems to becoming more and more confident!

Picc....I think he is still totally fine....my only thought is to maybe wrestle smarter and not so much harder...didn't seem to want to adapt to the funk style of the kid.

Brock----looks great!!!!

Mean Dean---- Dean is Dean....not flashy but gets it done.

AC----he is so good and keeps getting better!!!

JJ---good to see him getting back---like where he is at!

Rodgers----gotta figure this one out. Appears to be all mental with him and what he has been through God bless him!

Will be at OU tomorrow.... Looking for a solid effort even though they are over matched!!!

Reactions: osu2082

Missed it by a hair. ;)

Was glad to see Collica look so strong & electric last night.

I just remember how wobbly and done he looked in his final match last season. Good to see the way he looked last night!

Rogers situation seems familiar, almost like when everyone figured out how to not get thrown to their backs by Dallas Bailey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT