ADVERTISEMENT

Poland

Do you have a good link for schedule, streaming, those kinds of details? I"m coming up a little short in my searches.

Lol, Flo wrote a whole story on what it means for next season since Fix is at 57k. Fooled me

Look at that hip lingo! @s, emoticons, links... for all we may gripe about OSU's media presence they do have a good handle on Instagram and Twitter. Gotta give props where due for sure

I saw Braydon take a loss, but he was aggressive wrestling a longer wrestler that countered.

I still see a great deal of upside with our new class. They have a lo of work to put in, but Christian Carroll is something special in freestyle and since most of heavyweight wrestling in on their feet, that should convert well.

The Georgian who beat Thompson in round 1 is only a year older, so age probably wasn't a factor. But size definitely could have been. The guy looked big for 86 KG, plus the allowance.

I like Plott & Thompson switching weights if that's the plan.

I still see a great deal of upside with our new class. They have a lo of work to put in, but Christian Carroll is something special in freestyle and since most of heavyweight wrestling in on their feet, that should convert well.
Carroll is going to be special his future is very bright

I got the opportunity to visit with him and he is a very bright young man that is incredibly focused. I am sure as a freshman heavyweight he will struggle a bit. Can't wait to watch him at the World Championships.

OSU Results:
61 kg: Daton Fix - GOLD
- WIN - 10-0 over Ramaz Turmanidze, GEO
- WIN - 5-1 over Georgi Vangelov, BUL
- WIN - 6-3 over Austin DeSanto, USA

79 kg: Dustin Plott - BRONZE
- WIN - 5-3 over Denys Pavlov, UKR
- WIN - 22-11 over DJ Washington, USA
- LOSS - 3-2 to Mihail Georgiev, BUL
- WIN - 10-0 over Iman Mahdavi, UWW
* I think Geogiev got silver

86 kg: Braden Thompson - 0-2, DNP
- LOSS - 7-2 to Daviti Koguashvili, GEO
- LOSS - 4-2 to Tamaz Nikoleishvili, GEO

Looks like Nashon Garrett at 3rd in the podium photo? Would have been a nice rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT