ADVERTISEMENT

Olejnik at All-Star Classic

This guy has the ability to disrupt this weight class. Should be exciting to watch!
Starocci looked like a killer destroying a former National Champ Lewis. His development has been great because in high school I did not think Starocci was great like I do now. Van Ness won easily against Parco. I would like to see Truax lose to Keckheisen.

Reactions: PoOsKuE and JAY45
Very nice, good defense
Very impressed, great defense and timed his offense. Only thing that bothered me was playing the edge. He got called for stalling twice probably should have been three. If you are that good defensively then control the middle! This edge wrestling gets us in trouble.

Will add most impressed with that first takedown and that he almost turned Hamiti for a 2 count. The last takedown was due to desperation on Hamiti's part but impressed how Olejnik was ready and responded.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJimReaper
In his interview on the podcast dynasty defined, I’m pretty sure he said he wanted to be an NCAA champion as well as an Olympic champion
This got me curious so I went back and listened to the pod again, at the 48 minute mark Lee asks him about plans after college and if he wants to try to make US/Olympic teams. Paraphrasing here - Izzak says he “would like to stay in the coaching field in the college ranks and get his feet wet, and see where coaching goes from there”. To finish answering the question, he said he’s “not sure if he wants to compete after college, but you never know and he may change his mind down the road if he gets the itch.” He did mention he’s got 2 years to complete his Masters program, so it sounds like he will at least stick around for 1 year after he finishes his eligibility this year. Lee brings up John’s coaching tree and Izzak agrees with him, and said that slightly played into his decision in coming to OSU. So what I took from it, he doesn’t really have plans to wrestle at the senior level, and will be more focused on coaching as that’s what he wants to do long term. Would love to see him stick around after hopefully winning a NCAA title this year!

Also big S/O to Lee for the podcast, always enjoy his content, he's had a great list of guests the past few months!

This got me curious so I went back and listened to the pod again, at the 48 minute mark Lee asks him about plans after college and if he wants to try to make US/Olympic teams. Paraphrasing here - Izzak says he “would like to stay in the coaching field in the college ranks and get his feet wet, and see where coaching goes from there”. To finish answering the question, he said he’s “not sure if he wants to compete after college, but you never know and he may change his mind down the road if he gets the itch.” He did mention he’s got 2 years to complete his Masters program, so it sounds like he will at least stick around for 1 year after he finishes his eligibility this year. Lee brings up John’s coaching tree and Izzak agrees with him, and said that slightly played into his decision in coming to OSU. So what I took from it, he doesn’t really have plans to wrestle at the senior level, and will be more focused on coaching as that’s what he wants to do long term. Would love to see him stick around after hopefully winning a NCAA title this year!

Also big S/O to Lee for the podcast, always enjoy his content, he's had a great list of guests the past few months!
My bad. I could have sworn he mentioned something about a national championship and possibly Olympics. I was driving long distance at the time so I probably wasn’t focused in so well.

Reactions: BigDogsGottaEat
My bad. I could have sworn he mentioned something about a national championship and possibly Olympics. I was driving long distance at the time so I probably wasn’t focused in so well.
No worries at all man, I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong or anything of the sort! I just obviously have too much time on my hands and went back and listened, figured I’d share. Haha He definitely mentioned a National Championship, a lot, he’s hungry! I think we’d all love to see it, and also see some Cowboys stay in Stillwater and win on the senior level.

No worries at all man, I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong or anything of the sort! I just obviously have too much time on my hands and went back and listened, figured I’d share. Haha He definitely mentioned a National Championship, a lot, he’s hungry! I think we’d all love to see it, and also see some Cowboys stay in Stillwater and win on the senior level.
We need that attitude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT