ADVERTISEMENT

Bucknell thread

Any clue why the ESPN+ scoreboard said 9-2? Should be 11-0 after the FT & Fall.

I was looking at our roster earlier and did a double take cos I saw a Jim Mullen on the roster. Turns out it isn’t the same Jim Mullen that was a big time heavyweight recruit haha

174 - Thompson just medically forfeited due to a right leg injury, possibly hamstring.

Where the hell was Jordan Williams? Did he lose the wrestle off to Travis?

I was happy to see our guys looking to score and not gassing in the second period. I'll also add that we actually got off bottom at nearly every weight.
I'm not use to seeing this!
Agreed, was very pleased to see most guys being aggressive and looking to get after it, even with nice leads! Still curious what the heck is going on with Jordan Williams? Jalin is a great team guy, have a ton of respect for that kid, glad he got the win! Overall Team seems to have improved quite a bit, I loved to see Coleman down there on the Mat coaching! Also Gfeller during Harper’s match was cracking me up 😂

125: Exceeded expectations. Kid is going to be a winner. Love the energy & enthusiasm.

133: Enjoy every moment

141: Went from thinking “oh know, this guy is a bust” after the 1st period to being pleasantly surprised by the determined comeback

149: Not happy about this situation, kudos to Teague for making the most of his opportunity.

157: what everyone thought it would be

165: started off strong and lost steam. The upside is there

174: the question is, how serious? Was on crutches after the dual. What do you do if he can’t go?

184: Looks like an AA at worst

197: Love the determination. Going to be fun to see how far he goes.

285: yes, boring. Appreciate that he was trying to force the action.

Other notes: Lockett was there in an orange OSU shirt sitting next to McComas (among others). Mom & Dad were at the CWC tailgate.

Last edited:
I was convinced it was a cramp when I went back and watch the video. But hearing Thompson was on crutches after the dual is highly concerning. Can the international fella go 174 or is he not eligible?

Reactions: driad
I was convinced it was a cramp when I went back and watch the video. But hearing Thompson was on crutches after the dual is highly concerning. Can the international fella go 174 or is he not eligible?
I heard them say it popped on Thompsons hamstring. I would imagine he will be out for weeks.

Khayitov is ineligible according to Blair (& Trackwrestling). John mentioned 2 guys at 174 during the presser - Thompson & AJ Heeg. Said he was sure Heeg would be in the lineup at some point because of the 5 event rule for true freshmen.

Heeg lost to Khayitov 3-2 in the Broncho Open final. He was leading 1-0 with under 30 seconds left when Khayitov got the takedown.

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT