ADVERTISEMENT

Beric Jordan

I know the kid and trust me, he had plenty of opportunities to leave the Big 12 after decommitting from OSU. He has two more years of development before challenging for the starting spot, so that was not the primary reason for him decommitting.

I know the kid and trust me, he had plenty of opportunities to leave the Big 12 after decommitting from OSU. He has two more years of development before challenging for the starting spot, so that was not the primary reason for him decommitting.
No doubt he had plenty of other opportunities, he is a really good wrestler. And I was stating a fact, never said that fact was the primary reason he decommitted.

Reactions: Toadvine
Ok well for those that don’t know him it would be the obvious explanation….not asking for you to share but seems appropriate to believe that’s the cause.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Ok well for those that don’t know him it would be the obvious explanation….not asking for you to share but seems appropriate to believe that’s the cause.
I don't disagree with you but 2 years is a long time and it's very difficult to predict where a kid is going to be that far out.

It was the only reason he left Oklahoma State. He was worried about making the team after his redshirt year. He knows he can’t be spratly knows he can’t be Cael Hughes. I will rephrase that he wasn’t worried his dad was.

I don’t understand why he would de-commit from OSU, just to go to OU. He’s from Ohio, I would think he would go to the big ten. Going to OU is a step down. Does anyone know the back story to his exit?

I don’t understand why he would de-commit from OSU, just to go to OU. He’s from Ohio, I would think he would go to the big ten. Going to OU is a step down. Does anyone know the back story to his exit?
I'm assuming you don't follow him on Instagram. He has a beautiful girlfriend and the family is looking to buy a larger home in Oklahoma. I belive they came very close to scheduling an official visit with a Big Ten School but Beric wanted to stay in OK. His parents have nothing but great things to say about the people in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339
I actually like that kid a lot. I believe he will be a multi AA. His pace will be difficult to handle in college and he has good strength for his size. of course the knock on him is his bottom game but he is still developing. His pace is next level.

He is a great pick up for ou unfortunately. His pace is crazy and if he develops he could be a multiple time AA

I'm assuming you don't follow him on Instagram. He has a beautiful girlfriend and the family is looking to buy a larger home in Oklahoma. I belive they came very close to scheduling an official visit with a Big Ten School but Beric wanted to stay in OK. His parents have nothing but great things to say about the people in Oklahoma.
I am a big fan of the people in Oklahoma also. They have always been friendly and oddly enough, full of common sense.

Reactions: bwel9339 and osudog
The sport NEEDS uO to be good. Best of luck to the young man and hopefully he is a mutliple AA.

The last time OU was actually good it was like Iowa, OSU, OU, and everybody else. Minnesota was important for a few years as well. Now you have Penn State, Ohio State, Missouri, NC State, Cornell, Okie State... bluebloods new and old. And a bunch of other up-and-coming programs like SDSU, Arizona State, Oregon State, etc. OU would do well to stop firing coaches every 5 years but I only have room to care about one D1 wrestling program lol

Willie has Jace Roller at #26 and projected to be at 157. Personally think his ceiling is a lot higher than that and will move up several spots by the end of the season.

Reactions: DPJ
Willie has Jace Roller at #26 and projected to be at 157. Personally think his ceiling is a lot higher than that and will move up several spots by the end of the season.
Sounds like we are back on him. I was told we pretty much stopped recruiting him because we assumed we had him locked up. Sounds like that has changed

He will wrestle 138 this year after Christmas he will never be a 57

Is there any talk of him looking elsewhere or is this just wishful thinking?
Just wishful thinking.

It's not unprecedented -- Marsteller & Witlake both flipped late. Probably a longshot, but you would have to think the coaches have at least kicked the tires.

Are you saying they won't start? Best guess on weights...

Merrill - 195
Sommer - 165/174
Sealey - 165/157
Roller - 141/149
McComas - 125/133
Sealey is a possibility considering they have Haines at 57, and Mesenbrink and Facundo at 65. Sealey probably figures he can win a spot after all I believe he has won a World Championship, maybe last year.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Probably because they had Jordan. Maybe they can make it right now.

Seth thinks Kiser is too small FWIW. Doesn’t think he will be able ti compete with the bigger and top end 125’s at the next level.

Roller needs to get and stay healthy. Very talented kid but is pulling up on the surgeries at a young age.

Reactions: JAY45
Many recruits today turn 20 during their first semester of college. Kiser is young for his grade, he'll wrestle his entire freshman season at age 18. So he might not get much taller, but he could still put on some good weight. Sammie Henson is a possible size comp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT