ADVERTISEMENT

yukon

marvin gardens

Redshirt
Jan 17, 2006
STILLWATER – The Oklahoma State wrestling team is set to compete at the Oklahoma Outlaw Open Sunday at Yukon High School in Yukon, Okla.

The Cowboys will send 18 attached wrestlers to the event, including all 10 starters from last weekend's season-opening win over Bucknell in Nick Piccinnini, Kaid Brock (133), Dean Heil(141), Jonce Blaylock (149), Davey Dolan (157), Chandler Rogers (165), Kyle Crutchmer (174),Nolan Boyd (184), Preston Weigel (197) and Austin Schafer (285).

Other Cowboys wrestling attached include Eli Hale (125), Kyle Garcia (125), Kyle Garcia (133),Lincoln Olson (133), Tristan Moran (141), Lincoln Lemon (141), Dalton Moran (157), Hestin Lamons (165) and Jordan Rogers (174).

Andrew Nieman (125), Mike Magaldo (133), Geordan Martinez (149), Wyatt Sheets (157),Jacobe Smith (174), Keegan Moore (174), Andrew Marsden (184), Ethan Anderson (285) andBlake Andrews (285) will compete unattached.

details ????

Boyd/marsden, picc/hale, white/weigal coming up shortly
Boyd smoked Marsden, Piccinni nosed out Hale 3 to 2, and Weigel nosed out White 1 to 0. Kaid won easily over Garcia, Martinez won at 49, Jacobe Smith won at 74, Dolan won at 57, Rogers won at 65, and Schaeffer won easily at HWT. Our freshmen will really need to develop, we did not get a blue chip recruit last year. Our strength was the transfers. The results I saw indicate we really needed a HWT. recruit.

Boyd smoked Marsden, Piccinni nosed out Hale 3 to 2, and Weigel nosed out White 1 to 0. Kaid won easily over Garcia, Martinez won at 49, Jacobe Smith won at 74, Dolan won at 57, Rogers won at 65, and Schaeffer won easily at HWT. Our freshmen will really need to develop, we did not get a blue chip recruit last year. Our strength was the transfers. The results I saw indicate we really needed a HWT. recruit.
I was on a short trip and missed this tournament but Mr. Earl went and gave me good information on the results. He was very upbeat about all of our wrestlers and in particular Shafer, Rogers, Brock and Boyd. None of them are transfers. Pic and Hale at 125 are not transfers and the closeness of their match only shows what we have all been hearing about the improvement of Hale. Transfer and apparent redshirt at 174 Jacobe Smith was also very impressive in winning.

I was on a short trip and missed this tournament but Mr. Earl went and gave me good information on the results. He was very upbeat about all of our wrestlers and in particular Shafer, Rogers, Brock and Boyd. None of them are transfers. Pic and Hale at 125 are not transfers and the closeness of their match only shows what we have all been hearing about the improvement of Hale. Transfer and apparent redshirt at 174 Jacobe Smith was also very impressive in winning.
I was talking about our last recruiting class with Martinez, White, and Smith improved the class greatly. Obviously I know we have lots of very good wrestlers on our team.

Harleycowboy, i love your posts! I think you have great insight and just keep it real without any bs. I agree that the transfers made this last recruiting class what it is. We still have good guys with solid potential but those are for sure the main standouts up to this point. I think sheets has the potential to be solid. I didn't realize the tournament was going to end so early. I got there around 12:30 and they were already to the finals. Heil looked solid but I would have rather seen him cut Moran and work on his feet more if he couldn't turn him. Weigel and White was a very boring match. Brock looked tough, while Garcia took that loss like a little baby. Boyd is gonna be a hammer this year!! Jacobe looked liked a machine in the finals. Id love to be a fly in the room watching him and Crutchmer's live goes.

A little information on the tournament at 133, (wrestle offs during the week Mike Magaldo pinned Olson and best Garcia 15-2, didn't wrestle Brock) Magaldo loss 5-4 in the semi's to Brock and it was a close match. Trackwrestling did what track does and showed Olson pin Magaldo but it was the other way around in 90 seconds. Don't count out Magaldo at 133 if he can handle the weight cut. Here is another weight where we have serious depth!

A little information on the tournament at 133, (wrestle offs during the week Mike Magaldo pinned Olson and best Garcia 15-2, didn't wrestle Brock) Magaldo loss 5-4 in the semi's to Brock and it was a close match. Trackwrestling did what track does and showed Olson pin Magaldo but it was the other way around in 90 seconds. Don't count out Magaldo at 133 if he can handle the weight cut. Here is another weight where we have serious depth!
Do we go to the Parisi open this weekend like years before? In the past we have sent most of the team to this open. Does anyone know? Thanks.

He has a history of weight mismanagement
I wish that our wrestling web site would post who was going to lindenwood. Mr. Earl and I have gone in the past and found it to be a great tournament for wrestling fans. If we knew who was going we might go again. I do not expect the starters to go but if our second teamers would go including Hale, Magaldo, Martinez, Blaylock, Marsden, White and others would go then it would be a very good tournament.

I wish that our wrestling web site would post who was going to lindenwood. Mr. Earl and I have gone in the past and found it to be a great tournament for wrestling fans. If we knew who was going we might go again. I do not expect the starters to go but if our second teamers would go including Hale, Magaldo, Martinez, Blaylock, Marsden, White and others would go then it would be a very good tournament.

perhaps tognetti has some insight

He has a history of weight mismanagement
However, I can not see a possible reason he should cut to 74 because he hasn't wrestled at that weight since he was a soph. in high school. He needs to develop as a wrestler and cutting a lot of weight interferes with that. He should be at 84 or even 97 as I see it since , there will not be an opening at 74 for a number of years and so 84 is likely his best weight to get into the lineup next year after his redshirt. The flow guys spoke very highly of Jacobe Smith at 74 after this year.

However, I can not see a possible reason he should cut to 74 because he hasn't wrestled at that weight since he was a soph. in high school. He needs to develop as a wrestler and cutting a lot of weight interferes with that. He should be at 84 or even 97 as I see it since , there will not be an opening at 74 for a number of years and so 84 is likely his best weight to get into the lineup next year after his redshirt. The flow guys spoke very highly of Jacobe Smith at 74 after this year.
I agree Harley. He should be at 184. He will be good as he is very aggressive. He just needs to learn more wrestling skills and he is at the right place to do it.

So the word is they are sending 10 guys to the Joe Parisi Open. Should be a press release later today.

There was a tournament last weekend in Whitehorse? How did I not know about this?

In all seriousness, we were joking about this at the Journeymen Collegiate Classic, because apparently there were 312 teams registered, and I highly doubt that some of those schools ever registered ANY wrestlers and pulled them. In fact, 308 of those teams had ZERO wrestlers in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT