ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan & Missori Duals this weekend

Witcraft only has one speed. Looks like he may be cramping up in the 1st period.

He loses these type of matches too often. He needs to get the key takedown instead of losing the takedown or get put on his back. f you want him to stay ranked 20th everything is great.
Don't mean to start a fight but he loses these matches against good opponents by a point or 2 a lot. It is not my job to teach him but if he is going to be a real good wrestler he needs to get 1 more takedown a match.

Reactions: colcord
They had the presser for this a couple of months back. The group behind the event (REV Entertainment) wants to have 4 teams participate next year and continue to grow it going forward. Ultimately they want to host NCAAs.
Would like having National at Jerry world would be a great place to have it

Great fun today and things seem to be moving in the right direction.

If you didn’t you any better, you’d think Dee Lockett was already on the Team.

Reactions: bwel9339
Voinovich needs to figure something out because he lost another close match to Mauler 3 to 2 this time. First period Voinovich got in on a leg but didn't finish quick and Mauler slowly out scrambled him and got the takedown. He needs to figure out how to win these matches because he consistently loses these matches.
The RS freshman is looking great in my opinion and I believe it's just a matter of time before he puts it all together.

Voinovich needs to figure something out because he lost another close match to Mauler 3 to 2 this time. First period Voinovich got in on a leg but didn't finish quick and Mauler slowly out scrambled him and got the takedown. He needs to figure out how to win these matches because he consistently loses these matches.
Mauller is huge for 149, he looked much bigger than VV.

125: good to see some spark at the weight. Don’t know if this is a long term solution (hope it is)…happy for Reece and glad he’s stuck around. Swings for the fences and could cause some problems.

133: what more can you say

141: the corner is being turned. Complete match today. AA is in sight.

149: Progressing and will get it all figured out.

157: AA or bust. Step in the right direction today.

165: Tough assignment today - man O’Toole is good. Wyatt seems to be letting it all hang out.

174: Bad day. Needs to learn to be a killer.

184: Nice to see the adjustments mid-match. Still dangerous and fun to watch.

197: If you are looking for the next Mark Branch story, this seems to be it. Surber was not going to be taken down. Hard to believe this guy has beaten both Elam Bros. AA should be in sight, maybe more. Bautista should be #1 at this weight.

285: Elam looks phenomenal, bad matchup.

Mauller is huge for 149, he looked much bigger than VV.
It was the same way with Boo Lewallen. The size and length gave/give both trouble. Glad Mauller will be moving along & no problem with VV’s effort today.

Man, that was probably the best most entertaining dual I’ve seen us wrestle since ‘18 or ‘19 Iowa when Picc pinned Lee. I would say that was our best effort as a whole I’ve seen in a long while. Only thing that was missing was more from Plott. That was a little disappointing.

Carter Young has figured something out and now is beating higher ranked opponents. Victor Voinovich does need to get a little better soon if he is going to have a chance to All American this year. Most real good wrestlers All American as redshirt freshman. Victor is wrestling solid. Losing to Brock Mauller is certainly understandable who is ranked 6th in the latest Flo rankings at 149. He has lost to Paniro Johnson rated 9th, Realbuto rated 13th, Blockhus rated 18th, Kellyn March rated 19th, and Mitch Moore rated 22nd. Flo has Voinovich rated 28th. All of them close matches. I don't see anybody in the rankings that he has beat. All I was saying was he needs to make some jump in the next month or he will not come close to being an All American. Carter has jumped a level, and Surber has jumped a level this year. We need more of this. Beating Missouri was a big win for us. According to flo there are 6 freshmen rated ahead of Victor.

Friends of mine attended the match. Said it was really loud, reminded them of the old days when the place rocked your socks off. Just need to get and keep the house full for all winter sports. I know this is the wrestling forum but we need to get GIA full house Rowdy for Boynton and company making the run to March madness.

Go Pokes

Friends of mine attended the match. Said it was really loud, reminded them of the old days when the place rocked your socks off. Just need to get and keep the house full for all winter sports. I know this is the wrestling forum but we need to get GIA full house Rowdy for Boynton and company making the run to March madness.

Go Pokes
Got pretty loud a couple of times. Best match and atmosphere in some time.

Just watched some replays on ESPN plus. Pokes came to wrestle today. Aggressive, sharp, wanted it. Awesome to see. Win or lose these guys are inspiring af

Daton wins by major and enough points to get us the win by criteria.
I think we won on the 4th criteria; "Total near fall points...". I believe is was two to zero; Whitlake and Fix.

Plott looked like he was moving in slow motion. I don't remember him looking that slow before.

When Surber got the pin it was good old Gallagher Hall Loud!! I haven't heard that in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPJ
ADVERTISEMENT