ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Baptist Convention = groomers

"In service of this goal, survivors and others who reported abuse were ignored, disbelieved, or met with the constant refrain that the SBC could take no action due to its polity regarding church autonomy"

Bill Clinton is an ordained Southern Baptist minister? Who knew?

• Love
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
Southern Baptist are almost as big of hypocrites as those on the left.

Why don't sex abuse victims just go to the cops and report the crimes committed against them?

(Hint: Because they lose leverage in settlement negotiations once the allegations become public)

If someone abused any of my kids, I'm not screwing around with a bunch of Church bureaucrats, I'm going to the cops, the DA, the AG, and the US attorney.

On a side note, my kids have been instructed to stick a pencil through the eyeballs of anyone who tries to abuse them.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
Southern Baptist are almost as big of hypocrites as those on the left.

Southern Baptists (as a whole) know they are wretched, filthy trash who need God's mercy, grace and pardon.

Leftists flaunt their filth, are proud of it and give God the middle finger. Kind of a big difference.

Any clergy found guilty in court (in any denomination) should be fired from the ministry and punished.

Southern Baptists (as a whole) know they are wretched, filthy trash who need God's mercy, grace and pardon.

Leftists flaunt their filth, are proud of it and give God the middle finger. Kind of a big difference.

Any clergy found guilty in court (in any denomination) should be fired from the ministry and punished.

Wouldn’t preaching what you, as an institution, don’t practice be giving 2 middle fingers to God?

carry on

Perhaps, in some cases. You’ll have to ask each individual person who preaches. Individuals fail the institution.

carry on

SBC President Ed Litton, in a statement Sunday, said he is "grieved to my core" for the victims and thanked God for their work propelling the SBC to this moment. He called on Southern Baptists to lament and prepare to change the denomination's culture and implement reforms.

"I pray Southern Baptists will begin preparing today to take deliberate action to address these failures and chart a new course when we meet together in Anaheim," Litton said, referring to the California city that will host the SBC's national meeting on June 14-15.

SBC President Ed Litton, in a statement Sunday, said he is "grieved to my core" for the victims and thanked God for their work propelling the SBC to this moment. He called on Southern Baptists to lament and prepare to change the denomination's culture and implement reforms.

"I pray Southern Baptists will begin preparing today to take deliberate action to address these failures and chart a new course when we meet together in Anaheim," Litton said, referring to the California city that will host the SBC's national meeting on June 14-15.

'Splain that to me. What exactly does that mean? (Answering, "I don't know" is a perfectly respectable answer.)

Leftist will never understand that those of us on the right want anyone that commits a crime punished regardless of their politics. The again leftist have no sense of right and wrong, only their feelings at the moment, which are subject to change depending on the politics of it.

WhoOpsiE

Looks like the Southern Baptist Convention is about to go through what the Catholic Church went through and is still dealing with. It is so sad and repugnant that religious leaders in many Christian denominations turned a blind eye and even actively sought to cover up for sexual abusers.

With that said, we must be careful to not blame all Southern Baptists for this and disparage the faith of all Southern Baptists (just as was the case with all Catholics). Hopefully, Southern Baptists will be outraged by this and move quickly to fix this serious problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: dvpoke25 and 22LR
Looks like the Southern Baptist Convention is about to go through what the Catholic Church went through and is still dealing with. It is so sad and repugnant that religious leaders in many Christian denominations turned a blind eye and even actively sought to cover up for child molesters.

With that said, we must be careful to not blame all Southern Baptists for this and disparage the faith of all Southern Baptists (just as was the case with all Catholics). Hopefully, Southern Baptists will be outraged by this and move quickly to fix this serious problem.
It is repugnant.

But it's happening virtually everywhere where there are people placed in positions of authority: politics, education, the professional world, and yes churches.

I hope every name on the list is exposed and their careers are ruined.

Last edited:
Leftist will never understand that those of us on the right want anyone that commits a crime punished regardless of their politics.
The problem with this statement is that it just isn't true. Many of these Southern Baptist leaders who are referenced in this report are people on the right politically. And look at what they are alleged to have done.

This isn't a left or right problem. People on both sides of the political spectrum (and among many religious denominations) are involved in this mess.

The problem with this statement is that it just isn't true. Many of these Southern Baptist leaders who are referenced in this report are people on the right politically. And look at what they are alleged to have done.

This isn't a left or right problem. People on both sides of the political spectrum (and among many religious denominations) are involved in this mess.
Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden say hello.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
It is repugnant.

But it's happening virtually everywhere where there are people placed in positions of authority: politics, education, the professional world, and yes churches.

I hope every name on the list is exposed and their career is ruined.
I agree. It is happening everywhere. But it doesn't involve everybody in all these professions or religions and we must understand this too.

Hence the reason why the latest repugnant accusations by some right-wingers about their political adversaries being "child groomers" should also be rejected. We should be working together to stop the real child groomers and sexual abusers, not making it a political issue used to divide us.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC2020
I agree. It is happening everywhere. But it doesn't involve everybody in all these professions or religions and we must understand this too.

Hence the reason why the latest repugnant accusations by some right-wingers about their political adversaries being "child groomers" should also be rejected. We should be working together to stop the real child groomers and child molesters, not making it a political issue used to divide us.
Lots of people involved belong in jail.

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott

Hence the reason why the latest repugnant accusations by some right-wingers about their political adversaries being "child groomers" should also be rejected. We should be working together to stop the real child groomers and child molesters, not making it a political issue used to divide us.
While I agree with the spirit of these comments, I still don't want anyone talking to little children about homosexuality or transexuality or any other kind of sexuality.

Last edited:
By the way, what did the SBC do that’s so awful? As I understand, SB churches are governed at the congregation level. All the SBC really deals with is theology. They are not the “boss” of the pastor/ministers at individual congregations. So basically, they’re trying to avoid paying out tort claims on torts they did not commit. Sounds reasonable to me.

Reactions: Cordellhall83
By the way, what did the SBC do that’s so awful? As I understand, SB churches are governed at the congregation level. All the SBC really deals with is theology. They are not the “boss” of the pastor/ministers at individual congregations. So basically, they’re trying to avoid paying out tort claims on torts they did not commit. Sounds reasonable to me.

smh lol…

Try to read an article for once before showing us you’re an illiterate dumbfvck.

Carry on

I did read the article. It would appear that you are an illiterate dumbfvck. Again, just look to what liberals are accusing you of……

Yup…figures lol…heels digging in for the long haul haha…

Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention, America's largest Protestant denomination, stonewalled and denigrated survivors of clergy sex abuse over almost two decades while seeking to protect their own reputations, according to a scathing 288-page investigative report issued Sunday.

These survivors, and other concerned Southern Baptists, repeatedly shared allegations with the SBC's Executive Committee, "only to be met, time and time again, with resistance, stonewalling, and even outright hostility from some within the EC," said the report.

Last edited:
By the way, what did the SBC do that’s so awful?
"The report asserts that an Executive Committee staffer maintained a list of Baptist ministers accused of abuse, but there is no indication anyone “took any action to ensure that the accused ministers were no longer in positions of power at SBC churches.”

The most recent list includes the names of hundreds of abusers thought to be affiliated at some point with the SBC. Survivors and advocates have long called for a public database of abusers."

Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims

"For years, leaders in the Executive Committee said a database—to prevent sexual predators from quietly moving from one church to another, to a new set of victims—had been thoroughly investigated and found to be legally impossible, given Baptist church autonomy. My mouth fell open when I read documented proof in the report that these very people not only knew how to have a database, they already had one.

Allegations of sexual violence and assault were placed, the report concludes, in a secret file in the SBC Nashville headquarters. It held over 700 cases. Not only was nothing done to stop these predators from continuing their hellish crimes, staff members were reportedly told not to even engage those asking about how to stop their child from being sexually violated by a minister. Rather than a database to protect sexual abuse victims, the report reveals that these leaders had a database to protect themselves."

"And then there is the documented mistreatment by the Executive Committee of a sexual abuse survivor, whose own story of her abuse was altered to make it seem that her abuse was a consensual “affair”—resulting, as the report corroborates, in years of living hell for her."

This Is the Southern Baptist Apocalypse

So basically, they’re trying to avoid paying out tort claims on torts they did not commit. Sounds reasonable to me.
We are talking about religious leaders accused of sexual abuse. And you think it is reasonable they the first concern of SBC leaders should be to protect themselves from tort claims? Unbelievable.

Yup…fugures lol…heels digging in for the long haul haha…

Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention, America's largest Protestant denomination, stonewalled and denigrated survivors of clergy sex abuse over almost two decades while seeking to protect their own reputations, according to a scathing 288-page investigative report issued Sunday.

These survivors, and other concerned Southern Baptists, repeatedly shared allegations with the SBC's Executive Committee, "only to be met, time and time again, with resistance, stonewalling, and even outright hostility from some within the EC," said the report.
OK, so what’s your point? That the SBC was uncooperative with people who were trying to set them up for a lawsuit? Go figure.

WhoOpsiE

The Southern Baptist Church should fire anyone convicted of sexual abuse and develop policies to prevent them from ever being hired or remain employed. Every single person involved in looking the other way should be fired as well, including top leadership.

Now what, @my_2cents and @ClintonDavidScott? I'm universal in my belief that children must be protected against shitbags of all persuasions. That's probably a novel idea for you twintards, but you should look into it.

BTW, I'm an atheist, twintards.

Let us know when you want to comment on the topic of this thread instead of deflecting away from it.
Yikes. Yet another example of why DeSantis signed the bill protecting K-3 children from groomers. Not surprised you'll just ignore it.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
The Southern Baptist Church should fire anyone convicted of sexual abuse and develop policies to prevent them from ever being hired or remain employed. Every single person involved in looking the other way should be fired as well, including top leadership.

Now what, @my_2cents and @ClintonDavidScott? I'm universal in my belief that children must be protected against shitbags of all persuasions. That's probably a novel idea for you twintards, but you should look into it.

BTW, I'm an atheist, twintards.

Why you so mad tho? Lol…it’s only Monday morning your week just started. Pace yourself. If not, you might end up hooked to an echocardiogram by lunch hahahahaha.

Carry on

Goodness, ToonTard, you triggered bad. I'm not sorry that I have a consistent opinion about protecting kids. You should look into it.

776.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT