ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Baptist Convention = groomers

Transparency does not always happen as fast as we want, but both the Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention are taking the right steps. It is the first step in holding people accountable and criminals should go to jail if crimes were committed.

Let me know when the same happens when it comes to CRT, and gender reassignment teaching starting at K by the teacher unions.

Reactions: 22LR and AC2020
Do you agree that the Southern Baptist Church should immediately develop a policy against hiring/continuing to employ sexual abusers?
Called around this morning, that's now in place.

The reason this garbage is coming out is specifically because a change in policy.

The problem with Baptists is that there is no Southern Baptist Church. There is a convention of churches that meet once a year.

Individual Baptist churches consider themselves autonomous, which means there is no upper level hierarchy that they are accountable to or take commands from. The supposed model with them is the individual churches tell the denominational agencies what to do.

Because SBC churches give to a fund called the Cooperative Program, I think prolly legally that erases everything I said about their claims in the previous paragraph.

The reason this garbage is coming out is specifically because a change in policy.

The problem with Baptists is that there is no Southern Baptist Church. There is a convention of churches that meet once a year.

Individual Baptist churches consider themselves autonomous, which means there is no upper level hierarchy that they are accountable to or take commands from. The supposed model with them is the individual churches tell the denominational agencies what to do.

Because SBC churches give to a fund called the Cooperative Program, I think prolly legally that erases everything I said about their claims in the previous paragraph.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. The OP is simply too stupid to realize this.

Your goon cohort obviously doesn’t lol… @soonerinlOUisiana wants the Southern Baptist Convention to fight these “set-up” allegations tooth-and-nail. As does @N. Pappagiorgio.

carry on
I don't think I asked you a question, Big Slow. I asked your twintard. Can you have it come answer the question? I know you can't deliver anything higher than complete dipshittery. Your twintard is just above you on the scale so there's hope for it.

Transparency does not always happen as fast as we want, but both the Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention are taking the right steps. It is the first step in holding people accountable and criminals should go to jail if crimes were committed.

Let me know when the same happens when it comes to CRT, and gender reassignment teaching starting at K by the teacher unions.

***equates classroom discussions on race relations to sexual abuse and organized silencing/dismissal/scorn of victims***

You just can't do it, can you?

The truth is staring you right in the face and yet you fall back on partisan politics. Bringing up Hillary Clinton.🙄

Leftist will never understand that those of us on the right want anyone that commits a crime punished regardless of their politics.
The problem with this statement is that it just isn't true.

BS, Hillary obviously broke the law as did Hunter. Not only do you and your side of the aisle not call for them to be punished you defend or ignore their actions. The only time your kind call for any consequences is when one of your political opponents is accused, even when the accusation are obviously false.
I have seen every conservative on this board call out Republican wrong doing with most, including me, supporting an investigation into Trump Russian collusion even though we suspected it was a political attack. Have we seen that from your side of the aisle? No we haven't, we've seen exactly the opposite, calling every single suspicion called Russian disinformation.

Reactions: OKSTATE1

I'm an atheist. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of any church and haven't read every post in this thread. I don't think any church or church related organization should employ/continue employment of anyone convicted of child or adult sexual abuse for any reason.

The problem with this statement is that it just isn't true.

BS, Hillary obviously broke the law as did Hunter. Not only do you and your side of the aisle not call for them to be punished you defend or ignore their actions. The only time your kind call for any consequences is when one of your political opponents is accused, even when the accusation are obviously false.
I have seen every conservative on this board call out Republican wrong doing with most, including me, supporting an investigation into Trump Russian collusion even though we suspected it was a political attack. Have we seen that from your side of the aisle? No we haven't, we've seen exactly the opposite, calling every single suspicion called Russian disinformation.
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, Hunter Biden, or Trump.

Stop flailing around and just stick to the topic of this thread.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, Hunter Biden, or Trump.

Well Hunter did touch a kid so it kinda parleys to him.

Put them all in jail.

Allow the parents and relatives 30 minutes a day alone with the offenders until they feel better.

If you harm children, you should die horribly.

What is accomplished by letting parents and relatives of victims interact, or exchange blows, with the perps? Nobody will feel better. It will only add further trauma to an already-traumatic experience for them.

Wouldn’t you just assume prefer chomos get their asses beat up…in prison? Seems like a far more natural choice to me, but you do you🤷‍♂️

carry on

Reactions: AC2020
This does not mean though that the SBC can't work with state and local associations along with individual churches to address the serious problems revealed in this report. In fact they can and they should.

The report claims an Executive Committee staffer maintained a database of Baptist ministers accused of abuse, but the Executive Committee made no attempt to work with local churches to stop these ministers or even make sure local churches knew about them. And the EC had created this database, as Dr. Russell Moore noted, even after claiming it was impossible to have one!

There is a lot the SBC can and should do here. Any appeal to "local church autonomy" regarding this report is nothing but a cop out.

Reactions: AC2020
I'm an atheist. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of any church and haven't read every post in this thread. I don't think any church or church related organization should employ/continue employment of anyone convicted of child or adult sexual abuse for any reason.
Agree.

This does not mean though that the SBC can't work with state and local associations along with individual churches to address the serious problems revealed in this report. In fact they can and they should.

The report claims an Executive Committee staffer maintained a database of Baptist ministers accused of abuse, but the Executive Committee made no attempt to work with local churches to stop these ministers or even make sure local churches knew about them. And the EC had created this database, as Dr. Russell Moore noted, even after claiming it was impossible to have one!

There is a lot the SBC can and should do here. Any appeal to "local church autonomy" regarding this report is nothing but a cop out.
Agree.

What is accomplished by letting parents and relatives of victims interact, or exchange blows, with the perps? Nobody will feel better. It will only add further trauma to an already-traumatic experience for them.

Wouldn’t you just assume prefer chomos get their asses beat up…in prison? Seems like a far more natural choice to me, but you do you🤷‍♂️

carry on

Dealers choice.

Yea those are inconvenient truths you want to avoid.

• Haha
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
Let us know when you want to comment on the topic of this thread instead of deflecting away from it.

What? You want me to defend it and have a meltdown for days on end like you did about wanting to groom children? Sorry Groomer Pyle, not gonna happen.

Reactions: Medic007
"The report asserts that an Executive Committee staffer maintained a list of Baptist ministers accused of abuse, but there is no indication anyone “took any action to ensure that the accused ministers were no longer in positions of power at SBC churches.”

The most recent list includes the names of hundreds of abusers thought to be affiliated at some point with the SBC. Survivors and advocates have long called for a public database of abusers."

Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims

"For years, leaders in the Executive Committee said a database—to prevent sexual predators from quietly moving from one church to another, to a new set of victims—had been thoroughly investigated and found to be legally impossible, given Baptist church autonomy. My mouth fell open when I read documented proof in the report that these very people not only knew how to have a database, they already had one.

Allegations of sexual violence and assault were placed, the report concludes, in a secret file in the SBC Nashville headquarters. It held over 700 cases. Not only was nothing done to stop these predators from continuing their hellish crimes, staff members were reportedly told not to even engage those asking about how to stop their child from being sexually violated by a minister. Rather than a database to protect sexual abuse victims, the report reveals that these leaders had a database to protect themselves."

"And then there is the documented mistreatment by the Executive Committee of a sexual abuse survivor, whose own story of her abuse was altered to make it seem that her abuse was a consensual “affair”—resulting, as the report corroborates, in years of living hell for her."

This Is the Southern Baptist Apocalypse

We are talking about religious leaders accused of sexual abuse. And you think it is reasonable they the first concern of SBC leaders should be to protect themselves from tort claims? Unbelievable.
Every time: So apparently the most sanctimonious, conservative ones were lead predators:

Those outside the SBC world cannot imagine the power of the mythology of the Café Du Monde—the spot in the French Quarter of New Orleans where, over beignets and coffee, two men, Paige Patterson and Paul Pressler, mapped out on a napkin how the convention could restore a commitment to the truth of the Bible and to faithfulness to its confessional documents.

For Southern Baptists of a certain age, this story is the equivalent of the Wittenberg door for Lutherans or Aldersgate Street for Methodists. The convention was saved from liberalism by the courage of these two men who wouldn’t back down, we believed. In fact, I taught this story to my students.

Those two mythical leaders are now disgraced. One was fired after alleged mishandling a rape victim’s report in an institution he led after he was documented making public comments about the physical appearance of teenage girls and his counsel to women physically abused by their husbands. The other is now in civil proceedings about allegations of the rape of young men.

We were told they wanted to conserve the old time religion. What they wanted was to conquer their enemies and to make stained-glass windows honoring themselves—no matter who was hurt along the way.

I'm always amazed how conservatives and religious people will get so reflexivley pissed at anything from the institution of government, and then turn around and empower their own institutions to do unspeakable things.

How could anyone affiliate with the Southern Baptist Convention after this kind of evil and hypocrisy? Talk about being used.

LOL should someone go to jail for CRT?

I've seen pitiful "whatabout" attempts but that takes the case. No, they did not take the right steps until they were damned near burned to the ground. Not until they HAD to.

LOL should someone go to jail for CRT?

I've seen pitiful "whatabout" attempts but that takes the case. No, they did not take the right steps until they were damned near burned to the ground. Not until they HAD to.

image.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SquatchinPoke
How could anyone affiliate with the Southern Baptist Convention after this kind of evil and hypocrisy? Talk about being used.
That's a pretty stupid take.

The reason it's even out and exposed is because of the current leadership in the SBC.

The bad actors have been fired/released and no longer have a voice. Some of them belong in prison.

Such a weak crutch lol…

carry on
By definition a woman, is basically what toon carries for genitals..... a pussy

Did I pass the grammar test this time?

• Love
Reactions: 2012Bearcat
WhoOpsiE

Fortunately, laws separating church and state prevent the church led grooming from being driven through our public schools. Unfortunately, grooming led by the teacher's unions and their favored charities seems to be accepted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT