ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

I'd imagine you were primarily talking about the early 20 teens. The 2015 class specifically. We had the #2 class and our 5-Year Cycle was: #4, #8, #4, #5

2015 class p4p overall rankings
#7-Joe Smith, OK (157)
#10-Kaid Brock, OK (133)
#24-Nick Piccininni, NY (125)
#28-Boo Lewallen, OK (141/149)
#71-Andrew Marsden, OK (197)
#75-Lincoln Olson, MI (133/141)
Others: Tristan Moran, OK (141/149)

***2014 rankings are by weight not p4p*** but it was loaded too
#4-Oklahoma State Cowboys
5-Year Cycle: #8, #4, #5, #13

Recruits:
#1-Chance Marsteller, PA (165/174)
#3-Ryan Blees, ND (157)
#5-Chandler Rogers, OK (165/174)
#6-Gary Wayne Harding, OK (141)
#7-Mike Magaldo, NJ (133/141)
#8-Preston Weigel, KS (197)
#20-Jacobe Smith, OK (165)
others Dusty Hone, UT (133); Tanner Allen, OK (HWT)
I’m not a wrestling aficionado, but that class looks overrated too me!

Lockett is going to be one of the best USA wrestlers ever. He is already on pace. Put him with DT, Gilman, Kennedy, and then throw in Dake after he wins the Olympic Gold, Lockett may be the best ever to put on the OK State singlet! Really looking forward to seeing him with DT's coaching!

I love Lockett. I hope he stays at OSU.
I loved his interview when DT was hired. Perry may have his ear, but Perry is not a good coach. He may be a good friend to these kids, but who has he ever coached up to the next level? Perry was part of the problem at OK State and one of the reasons this team underperformed the last 8 years or so.

He was a great wrestler, but that does not always equate into being a great coach! I would take Erisman all day over Perry when it comes to coaching! And Perry had the better wrestling resume!

Lockett will be the next best US Wrestler with DT as his coach. That is his decision to make. Either way, I love watching this kid on the mat and hope whatever his decision he makes works out for him! He can be the next John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, or Kyle Snyder!

I loved his interview when DT was hired. Perry may have his ear, but Perry is not a good coach. He may be a good friend to these kids, but who has he ever coached up to the next level? Perry was part of the problem at OK State and one of the reasons this team underperformed the last 8 years or so.

He was a great wrestler, but that does not always equate into being a great coach! I would take Erisman all day over Perry when it comes to coaching! And Perry had the better wrestling resume!

Lockett will be the next best US Wrestler with DT as his coach. That is his decision to make. Either way, I love watching this kid on the mat and hope whatever his decision he makes works out for him! He can be the next John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, or Kyle Snyder!
Lockett is a 2x champion to me. He has that much potential. I hope he sees what OSU and staff can provide. Can’t think of a better staff other than PSU to meet his needs.

From Flo

Oklahoma State's Class of 2025 Commits:​

• #2/#3 Ladarion Lockett
  • #6/#17 Kody Routledge
  • #2/#19 Landon Robideau
  • #5/#28 Ronnie Ramirez
  • NR/#58 Beau Hickman
  • Kaden Purler
  • Devon Harrison
  • Ishmael Guerrero
  • Ethan Teague
  • Kruz Goff
* Weight class rank/class of 2025 rank
From MatScout rankings

• #2/#1(174lb) Ladarion Lockett
  • *#10/#3(165lb) Kody Routledge
  • #20/#3(149lb) Landon Robideau
  • #27/#3(125lb) Ronnie Ramirez
  • #76/#7(174lb) Ishmael Guerrero
  • #107/#11(157lb) Beau Hickman
  • #116/#12(197lb) Kruz Goff
  • #151/#19(174lb) Ethan Teague
  • NR Kaden Purler
  • NR Devon Harrison
Overall in class of 2025 rank / Weight class rank & projected weight

*Routledge’s overall is #16 on the ‘25 big board but he has him at #10 Jr on the overall High school rankings

Lockett is going to be one of the best USA wrestlers ever. He is already on pace. Put him with DT, Gilman, Kennedy, and then throw in Dake after he wins the Olympic Gold, Lockett may be the best ever to put on the OK State singlet! Really looking forward to seeing him with DT's coaching!
Let's get back to that after he techs everyone his first two years otherwise Uetake would like a word. ;_;

From MatScout rankings

• NR Kaden Purler
  • NR Devon Harrison

*Routledge’s overall is #16 on the ‘25 big board but he has him at #10 Jr on the overall High school rankings
So how do you feel about this class?

How do you guys that know the Sport like the back of your hand feel about this class?

Where does this class currently rank in the team rankings? Top 5? Better than that?

Are you all highly impressed with what DT and staff have put together / kept? Impressed? Or slightly disappointed?

I would say the class looks pretty dang good to me! I would say that I’m either impressed or very impressed in what they have been able to accomplish in a short amount of time.

Looking forward to you all’s responses!

Thanks in advance!

So how do you feel about this class? A, if kept in tact.

How do you guys that know the Sport like the back of your hand feel about this class? I haven’t watched all of them like I normally would, but Dee is what he is, 5* Top 3 kid. Routledge and Robideau, IMO are also 5* impact guys. The rest, I cannot speak well on.

Where does this class currently rank in the team rankings? Top 5? Better than that? Top 5…and it’s hard to ascertain how well it turns out.

Are you all highly impressed with what DT and staff have put together / kept? Impressed? Or slightly disappointed? Extremely impressed!

I would say the class looks pretty dang good to me! I would say that I’m either impressed or very impressed in what they have been able to accomplish in a short amount of time. Agreed!

Looking forward to you all’s responses!

Thanks in advance!
You should get into this sport…it fits what I know of you.

You should get into this sport…it fits what I know of you.
I know it pretty good! I just don’t know it to the depths that you guys do!

To be honest, my interest has dipped as the program continued to fall further and further behind.

But I do love the sport!! I also feel like we should NEVER be lower than 3rd place at Nationals, so there’s that.

@steer jock I’m ecstatic honestly. DT came into the ‘25 class a year late and he’s laying it down. Dee is the real deal so keeping him will be paramount (He’ll be the best prospect since Fix imo).

As far as Routledge and Robideau go… these are high level kids that were committed elsewhere and not only did they chose DT but DT chose them. When you consider what we know about DT and what he wants in the room…That’s a very exciting thought imo.

Ramirez is another exciting prospect. He was the 2nd highest rated uncommitted Jr. on the board. I really like his potential. Beating Desmond and hanging with Lilledahl was damn impressive.

Of the other original commits I think the Tuttle boys interest me most. Beau has a chance to be a 4 timer if I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:
Lockett is a 2x champion to me. He has that much potential. I hope he sees what OSU and staff can provide. Can’t think of a better staff other than PSU to meet his needs.
Well, he was wearing all orange while warming while wresting in Lima Peru. Usually, when a kid starts to flip, they disassociate themselves from their old school. I’m not worried about him. At the moment, all he is focusing on is winning worlds. Also, I agree, he’s a heck of a wrestler, we’ve had some of the greatest wrestlers in history at OSU. 2X champ would be an outstanding career. If he does more, even better. We really don’t know how good this staff is. They could be the best in the country or they could be second best, or near there. So far, I’m pretty impressed. Go Polks

@steer jock I’m ecstatic honestly. DT came into the ‘25 class a year late and he’s laying it down. Dee is the real deal so keeping him will be paramount (He’ll be the best prospect since Fix imo).

As far as Routledge and Robideau go… these are high level kids that were committed elsewhere and not only did they chose DT but DT chose them. When you consider what we know about DT and what he wants in the room…That’s a very exciting thought imo.

Ramirez is another exciting prospect. He was the 2nd highest rated uncommitted Jr. on the board. I really like his potential. Beating Desmond and hanging with Lilledahl was damn impressive.

Of the other original commits I think the Tuttle boys interest me most. Beau has a chance to be a 4 timer if I’m not mistaken.
I’m interested in seeing this Kruz Goff kid. He pinned his way through state this last year. He didn’t have any major wins though, but it looks like he didn’t really focus hard on wrestling. One of the web sites had him as a 4star recruit. He seems like a kid with a ton of upside that probably focused on football as well, with his size and all and his lack of out of season wrestling.

From MatScout rankings

• NR Kaden Purler
  • NR Devon Harrison

I'm most excited by what appears to be the flexibility in this class....

A lot of middle weight guys who can/may drop down or beef up weight classes... Am I wrong thinking this is a very Penn State recruiting tactic? Seems like they take the best period and mold them into weight classes, no?

A lot of middle weight guys who can/may drop down or beef up weight classes... Am I wrong thinking this is a very Penn State recruiting tactic? Seems like they take the best period and mold them into weight classes, no?
Eh, I don't know that PSU kids experience brutal weight cuts? To me, it seems that part of their prospect identification involves having "room to grow" rather than embarking on a huge cut.

IMO, that is part of the secret sauce. Liquid diets are proving to be super tough on the health and mentality of a kid. So, they take a guy that is Wrestling at 125 in HS, knowing that his genetics provide for movement up to 157 (wild guess) and focus on training to win, regardless of weight.

Part of our problem is the oppo of that. We take a kid that is a 125'er in HS and try to keep him at 125, even though he is walking around at 160 during the off-season. It could be a big part of our "peaking at the wrong time" problem?

Cael takes the best period, and for the most part lets them wrestle at their ideal weight. Because he gets the best, they often have eligibility for Olympic redshirts in addition to gray shirts and regular redshirts. That provides a ton of flexibility to get the best lineup out there without anyone having to waste a year or move too far out of ideal weight. The guys know pretty soon after nationals where they may need to be for the next year, and so have six months to add good weight or get on a diet plan that works.

Eh, I don't know that PSU kids experience brutal weight cuts? To me, it seems that part of their prospect identification involves having "room to grow" rather than embarking on a huge cut.

IMO, that is part of the secret sauce. Liquid diets are proving to be super tough on the health and mentality of a kid. So, they take a guy that is Wrestling at 125 in HS, knowing that his genetics provide for movement up to 157 (wild guess) and focus on training to win, regardless of weight.

Part of our problem is the oppo of that. We take a kid that is a 125'er in HS and try to keep him at 125, even though he is walking around at 160 during the off-season. It could be a big part of our "peaking at the wrong time" problem?
Pretty much. That’s why Cael’s hardest weight to fill is 125. Only one guy to my memory lasted more than two years at 125 and that was Megaludis. Heck, freshman Davis is already a 133.

Hell Levi is supposed to jump from 157 to 174.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Cael takes the best period, and for the most part lets them wrestle at their ideal weight. Because he gets the best, they often have eligibility for Olympic redshirts in addition to gray shirts and regular redshirts. That provides a ton of flexibility to get the best lineup out there without anyone having to waste a year or move too far out of ideal weight. The guys know pretty soon after nationals where they may need to be for the next year, and so have six months to add good weight or get on a diet plan that works.
I should add that the bolded is why you need a good personal and team culture. Culture to DT doesn't take the summer off or during Xmas break or for your 21st birthday. Guys who need to cut a little, and guys who need to bulk up a little have plans provided by the dietician and strength trainer and regularly consults with them ALL YEAR LONG. Nothing is given to chance. Training based on science. Very Russian-like without the drugs, and maybe that's where Cael got the idea.

Last edited:
Lockett is an absolutely amazing stud recruit. I'm not big on predictions but to each their own lol. We've all been worried with the rumors floating around that he might flip. Here's something that occurred to me: In 2028 there will be several studs vying for the 74kg spot. Carr, O'toole, Messenbrink, maybe Haines and Duke and I'm sure others. You have to think that Dt is the best guy to get Lockett ready to face that gauntlet. I'd damn sure want DT over the Brands bros or training in the same room with Carr who I have to beat.

Lockett is an absolutely amazing stud recruit. I'm not big on predictions but to each their own lol. We've all been worried with the rumors floating around that he might flip. Here's something that occurred to me: In 2028 there will be several studs vying for the 74kg spot. Carr, O'toole, Messenbrink, maybe Haines and Duke and I'm sure others. You have to think that Dt is the best guy to get Lockett ready to face that gauntlet. I'd damn sure want DT over the Brands bros or training in the same room with Carr who I have to beat.
💯

Reactions: vhsalum

Pretty sure Kruz has a shot at 4 from Blackwell

The more I read from the wrestling fans here the more excited I get. At first I was skeptical of the DT hire because he was an outsider coming in. You guys are painting a great picture. Looks like an exceptional class

@Pennstate1985 can you take this guy back to your board & drop him off?
I didn't invite him although I don't consider him a bad poster. I come here to escape the growing number of pompous asses who populate the PSU board. Success always does that. Just last night some PSU idiot misread a post I made and said that was proof that I was a non fan. LOL. I've probably been a PSU fan since before he was born. I swear a good portion of them believe their inside info and number of posts/likes have done as much for the PSU dynasty as Cael has. At times I see my board sliding toward the cesspool. Having inside info doesn't make your favorite team better. It is simply a personal dick measuring contest on the internet. I just root for my team and hope they win.

That is my rant for the day.

I didn't invite him although I don't consider him a bad poster. I come here to escape the growing number of pompous asses who populate the PSU board. Success always does that. Just last night some PSU idiot misread a post I made and said that was proof that I was a non fan. LOL. I've probably been a PSU fan since before he was born. I swear a good portion of them believe their inside info and number of posts/likes have done as much for the PSU dynasty as Cael has. At times I see my board sliding toward the cesspool. Having inside info doesn't make your favorite team better. It is simply a personal dick measuring contest on the internet. I just root for my team and hope they win.

To be fair, I was inviting McScorely and AgSurfer primarily. Good dudes. Bronson has very good info though so that’s always concerning

To be fair, I was inviting McScorely and AgSurfer primarily. Good dudes. Bronson has very good info though so that’s always concerning
Not aimed at you my friend, and yes they are good posters. As are many others. The more the merrier. Unfortunately some will bring their peacock feathers to show how great PSU is. Not necessary and part of the problem on the Iowa board. Let your team do that for you.

I'm only gonna say this once because you're new here. BUT, I'm a bullshitter & don't actually get pissed at anything somebody posts. I just like cutting up & trying to have a laugh here, real life can be tough sometimes. Now, lets get back to goofing off & BS'ing.

I'm only gonna say this once because you're new here. BUT, I'm a bullshitter & don't actually get pissed at anything somebody posts. I just like cutting up & trying to have a laugh here, real life can be tough sometimes. Now, lets get back to goofing off & BS'ing.
100% agree. You're a bullshitter. :p

giphy.webp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT