ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

I think we’ll have to wait and see on Jax. It’s a long process and kids don’t know what they don’t know. I’m sure contact with Cael through the lense of recruiting is alot different than it was before. We’d be fools to think PSU wasn’t going all out for him (and they’re alot like OU in that all the base uses every opportunity to push kids to join up). DT getting hired undoubtedly changed the dynamics some and Jax will have to feel his way through that. DT is going to have to sell the vision. Jax seems like a VERY level headed kid so he’ll go through the process fully imo. Just have to wait and see

I didn't invite him although I don't consider him a bad poster. I come here to escape the growing number of pompous asses who populate the PSU board. Success always does that. Just last night some PSU idiot misread a post I made and said that was proof that I was a non fan. LOL. I've probably been a PSU fan since before he was born. I swear a good portion of them believe their inside info and number of posts/likes have done as much for the PSU dynasty as Cael has. At times I see my board sliding toward the cesspool. Having inside info doesn't make your favorite team better. It is simply a personal dick measuring contest on the internet. I just root for my team and hope they win.

That is my rant for the day.
I got a ruler here that says mine is smaller than yours.😉

I don't think anybody on here thought Jax was a done deal. I think we all knew if we were to land him it would be a massive get and boost for future recruiting. Even with the new changes we are still years behind PSU. This new staff needs a couple of years to prove that they are the real deal and can develop guys here before we can really get to a place where we are competing with PSU on the recruiting front. Especially with kids from PA who basically have one foot in the door at PSU.

I didn't invite him although I don't consider him a bad poster. I come here to escape the growing number of pompous asses who populate the PSU board. Success always does that. Just last night some PSU idiot misread a post I made and said that was proof that I was a non fan. LOL. I've probably been a PSU fan since before he was born. I swear a good portion of them believe their inside info and number of posts/likes have done as much for the PSU dynasty as Cael has. At times I see my board sliding toward the cesspool. Having inside info doesn't make your favorite team better. It is simply a personal dick measuring contest on the internet. I just root for my team and hope they win.

That is my rant for the day.
The dick measuring does become a bit tedious but I'll admit that I've said, "That water's cold and it's deep too," a few times.

I don't think anybody on here thought Jax was a done deal. I think we all knew if we were to land him it would be a massive get and boost for future recruiting. Even with the new changes we are still years behind PSU. This new staff needs a couple of years to prove that they are the real deal and can develop guys here before we can really get to a place where we are competing with PSU on the recruiting front. Especially with kids from PA who basically have one foot in the door at PSU.
That being said, DT has already made a splash since being hired. There just wasn't enough time to make a difference for the 2025 class (yet). From everything I've heard and read, he is working the recruiting trail hard, and as we all know, good hard work will produce good results.

You made this quote over on my board, "I probably deserve that considering the audience"....

Don't want the fellas over there knowing I'm not smart enough to figure out if you were insulting us or not so I'm asking here, were you insulting us or nah?? Lol
No I was saying that questioning whether PSU is the best place for Jax probably won’t / shouldn’t be received the same here as there. If I say it on the PSU board I should expect to be called an imbecile lol

Maybe up north?

Women down here did their learning based off Lonesome Dove, Tombstone and Top Gun...you know, real man stuff. I shutter to think that Ross Gellar or Cosmo Kramer is the benchmark for manly?
Serious question (not to deflect from this virile banter) but I have not heard in lineup talk about Rin Sakamoto at 133 in some time. Is he even here? If not here then why?

Jax not ending up at OSU would be a pretty big signal this is going to take awhile. I'm still all in on DT and think he is going to be wildly successful. I just think that maybe it won't happen as quickly as some of us thought. Of course that is all assuming Jax goes somewhere else.

Last edited:
Jax not ending up at OSU would be a pretty big signal this is going to take awhile. I'm still all in on DT and think he is going to be wildly successful. I just think that maybe it won't happen as quickly as some of us thought. Of course that is all assuming Jax goes somewhere else.
From what I’ve heard… Cael has zeroed in on Jax and that’s not a small thing. I think Cael wants to prove a point.

Zo and Fix are a big part of it. I know we’ve kept Zo around but idk (I honestly don’t) how much love we’re showing him. I heard we kind of kicked him to CWC only and he’s a BIG BIG piece to Dee and Jax

If Jax goes elsewhere, DT should consider getting Seth Mendoza out of Chicago. He is currently pledged to Missouri but might consider changing to the OSU with all the pluses of the Cowboy program.

Jax not ending up at OSU would be a pretty big signal this is going to take awhile. I'm still all in on DT and think he is going to be wildly successful. I just think that maybe it won't happen as quickly as some of us thought.
I could see it taking every bit of 4 years or more. Its not that DT isn't talented enough as a coach or recruiter, it's simply the head start that psu has. They're absolutely loaded for the foreseeable future. They will continue to get many of the top guys. But w/o Coach Taylor I don't think we'd of seen a title until Cael and co were done.

Boys lets not put the cart in front of the horse. Yes, it looked like Jax was POSSIBLY on the fast track to becoming a Cowboy but nothing was ever written in stone. I think we also all heard that Cael was zeroed in on Blaze but he still hasn't committed that I'm aware. It ain't over til its over. Now let's all bow our heads and say a prayer that Dake comes to Stilly after the Olympics as that will easily be the second biggest splash in college wrestling in a very long time.

From what I’ve heard… Cael has zeroed in on Jax and that’s not a small thing. I think Cael wants to prove a point.

Zo and Fix are a big part of it. I know we’ve kept Zo around but idk (I honestly don’t) how much love we’re showing him. I heard we kind of kicked him to CWC only and he’s a BIG BIG piece to Dee and Jax
If OSU has filled the allotted coaching positions, then Zo has nowhere to go but the CWC. If that's the case, it's not a matter of love but rules.

think we also all heard that Cael was zeroed in on Blaze but he still hasn't committed that I'm aware. It ain't over til its over. Now let's all bow our heads and say a prayer that Dake comes to Stilly after the Olympics as that will easily be the second biggest splash in college wrestling in a very long time.
Does anyone know if OSU is a consideration for Blaze? Last I heard in interview OSU not in his top school list but that was before DT hire. Hoping DT changed things. Dake to OSU would be another huge move. Hope it happens

If OSU has filled the allotted coaching positions, then Zo has nowhere to go but the CWC. If that's the case, it's not a matter of love but rules.
I believe CWC and Cowboy RTC are two different entities. The Cowboy Wrestling Club is for the HS kids and below. Its a little confusing because there is a lot of commingling with the two as far as Zo's involvement.

Honestly, it should be quick enough to get to #2, even though there are some very good teams that will have something to say about it, ie, Iowa, Iowa state, mizzou, Mich, Ohio state, etc. But climbing that mountain to #1 won’t be easy. If chips fall right, it could be faster.

Honestly, it should be quick enough to get to #2, even though there are some very good teams that will have something to say about it, ie, Iowa, Iowa state, mizzou, Mich, Ohio state, etc. But climbing that mountain to #1 won’t be easy. If chips fall right, it could be faster.
If the transfers don't RS, and if the team takes to the new culture (training, lifestyle, nutrition, S&C), I think you have a shot at #2 this year. Not certain but a shot. I think we will all have a better idea by January.

IMHO, recruiting improves drastically when champions are crowned and not when a team wins a title. 2021 comes to mind. Iowa won the title by 16 points but Iowa went 1-2 in the finals while PSU went 4-0. PSU won bragging rights in recruiting even among Iowa fans that tournament, and has been on a tear ever since. DT is going to be striving really hard for a champion asap to help on the recruiting front.

Last edited:
I think he’s redshirting. Also seen some people say he might go 125
Thanks but question not really answered. Of all the recruits for this year Sakamoto is the only one not listed on the roster so question remains is he here and what is his status? He does need to redshirt due to transition from freestyle to folkstyle. He wrestled freestyle in Japan at 61Kg which is 134 and that was last year. Due to the paucity of videos on him he is kind of a mystery. Has anyone seen him in Stillwater and is he still coming?

Reactions: AtownPoke
Thanks but question not really answered. Of all the recruits for this year Sakamoto is the only one not listed on the roster so question remains is he here and what is his status? He does need to redshirt due to transition from freestyle to folkstyle. He wrestled freestyle in Japan at 61Kg which is 134 and that was last year. Due to the paucity of videos on him he is kind of a mystery. Has anyone seen him in Stillwater and is he still coming?
Hes there, or has been. He wrestled 61kg because he couldnt beat Japans 57kg stud. He will be wrestling 57kg soon, he's small. From what I was told he's a ways from beating Troy at least currently if that tells you anything.

Well, I appreciate DT and crew trying to beat Cael straight up in recruiting battles and such but at the end of the day, if that can’t win the fight, I say call “Daddy Warbucks” in and let’s get to money whipping these kids asses and get fast tracked to the top, ASAP!! While we’re at it, pay the bills of ZO, under the table, and make sure he is happy and engaged and get Dee locked up TIGHT! There’s no such thing as cheating anymore so now it’s just called REALLY trying! Sleep better at night knowing your not a cheater… 🤣

Well, I appreciate DT and crew trying to beat Cael straight up in recruiting battles and such but at the end of the day, if that can’t win the fight, I say call “Daddy Warbucks” in and let’s get to money whipping these kids asses and get fast tracked to the top, ASAP!! While we’re at it, pay the bills of ZO, under the table, and make sure he is happy and engaged and get Dee locked up TIGHT! There’s no such thing as cheating anymore so now it’s just called REALLY trying! Sleep better at night knowing your not a cheater… 🤣
Throw Bo in there as well! Make it rain on these dudes!

Similar to how everyone think this is Cael's MO but it's not, this is not DT's MO either. He has money and it will be very well invested to maximize the Oklahoma State wrestling program (which does include NIL) However IMO, that doesn't involve making huge promises to high school kids, no matter how competitive they already are. Certainly not the tone he plans to set Year 1 and 2.

All wrestlers who commit (and there are already great ones and more coming) are coming because they believe in DT as a coach.

Also @AtownPoke previously quoted me but I'll reiterate I would be shocked if Lockett doesn't stick with his commitment (his Instagram picture is still him and his entire family in Cowboy gear) and his commitment is pinned tightly on his page

Similar to how everyone think this is Cael's MO but it's not, this is not DT's MO either. He has money and it will be very well invested to maximize the Oklahoma State wrestling program (which does include NIL) However IMO, that doesn't involve making huge promises to high school kids, no matter how competitive they already are. Certainly not the tone he plans to set Year 1 and 2.

All wrestlers who commit (and there are already great ones and more coming) are coming because they believe in DT as a coach.

Also @AtownPoke previously quoted me but I'll reiterate I would be shocked if Lockett doesn't stick with his commitment (his Instagram picture is still him and his entire family in Cowboy gear) and his commitment is pinned tightly on his page
Great post. I agree completely. DT is nailing it so far IMO. If I had a gun to my head, he is a more important phone call to take as a recruit than anyone not named Cael. Better than Ryan or Brands, or God love him Telford.

If he gets Dake into the RTC, OSU will be a force.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT