ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

DT is going to catch and pass Penn State. May take him a few years but he will do it. Cael is very worried about the ease of recruiting up until now However he has made wrestlers better, but he knows the coaching staff at Ok State will do the same. You put DT, TG, and KD in the same corner, and Cael is worried. As he should be. Anyone that brings up Chris Perry after this is stuck in the past!!!!!
Only way DT passes PSU is when Cael
Decides to retire! Then it will be a few years after that. Every thought DT was going to have all this crazy pull with PA kids. Rumors of Kasak, Ryder, Perry to follow. None of that happened. If his core guys arent jumping ship that is saying something. I wish DT luck and hope he does good, PSU needs competition, I just don’t see it in the next 4-5 years.

Decides to retire! Then it will be a few years after that. Every thought DT was going to have all this crazy pull with PA kids. Rumors of Kasak, Ryder, Perry to follow. None of that happened. If his core guys arent jumping ship that is saying something. I wish DT luck and hope he does good, PSU needs competition, I just don’t see it in the next 4-5 years.
See your optometrist…

I honestly don’t think DT pushed for those kids at all. From what I know DT has kept a wide birth from the kids already committed to Cael.

Going head to head with uncommitted kids is a different story

Last edited:
Yeah, it says that he is loyal to where he came from and doesn't want to poach from Penn State, that is what it is saying. I highly doubt he came to Stillwater and started reaching out to Penn State wrestlers to try and get them to follow. The guy has class. And he will definitely get OK State competing very soon. He has made Cael's job harder already, even harder especially if Dake ends up in Stillwater also.

Yeah, it says that he is loyal to where he came from and doesn't want to poach from Penn State, that is what it is saying. I highly doubt he came to Stillwater and started reaching out to Penn State wrestlers to try and get them to follow. The guy has class. And he will definitely get OK State competing very soon. He has made Cael's job harder already, even harder especially if Dake ends up in Stillwater also.

Competition is a good thing. I look forward to how this all plays out.

I agree 100%. I am a huge fan of the sport. So definitely looking forward to it also.

Has anyone heard anything else on another high profile 2025 commit flip to OK State? Any new news on that?
Had a setback going into this dead week (coaches convention) but communication opens back up tomorrow and I doubt it’s over.

Reactions: Fatty J and tom_v31
If Burton does stay, they are loaded from 174 (maybe 165 if one cuts) up for years to come. Wright, Stewart, Burton, Sasso, Mullin. They will be tough up top of the lineup.
I remember when I was 17. Stubborn loyalty and believing that friendships will help me overcome obstacles. Hindsight says go with quality. That will get you there more quickly and higher. Young and dumb is a saying for a reason, and while sometimes it works out, for many it does not. For that reason it can be difficult to persuade young people to do what we all believe is obvious, whether it's CC or Burton. If our lives depended on the thought process of a young person, we would all be up the creek without a paddle.

I remember when I was 17. Stubborn loyalty and believing that friendships will help me overcome obstacles. Hindsight says go with quality. That will get you there more quickly and higher. Young and dumb is a saying for a reason, and while sometimes it works out, for many it does not. For that reason it can be difficult to persuade young people to do what we all believe is obvious, whether it's CC or Burton. If our lives depended on the thought process of a young person, we would all be up the creek without a paddle.
I am really hoping that CC's decision does work out for him. I would hate for him to have regrets and not accomplish his goals when we all know what he is capable of.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I am really hoping that CC's decision does work out for him. I would hate for him to have regrets and not accomplish his goals when we all know what he is capable of.
Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

I was just over on the Penn State board and someone was asking about Yianni coming to the OK State RTC. I know that he visited not long ago, but since then has anyone heard of anything about him making it his home?

Reactions: vhsalum
Flo released new rankings today. They should have more people review their rankings before releasing them. Not saying I do not agree with a ranking, but you will see what I mean below.

Pound 4 Pound
Merrill 7th and Johnson 20th.
HWT
Johnson 1st and Merrill 2nd

Pound 4 Pound
Henckel 16th and Burton 30th
Burton 3rd and Henckel 5th

Flo released new rankings today. They should have more people review their rankings before releasing them. Not saying I do not agree with a ranking, but you will see what I mean below.

Pound 4 Pound
HWT

Pound 4 Pound
Ya seeing that kind of stuff is frustrating but they're simply looking at an overall body of work and who they've beaten in their career.

Pound 4 Pound
HWT

Pound 4 Pound
Honestly when I'm looking at rankings I hardly ever look at flo,I go straight to Willie's rankings.

As you know, I'm not a fan of this sort of self promotion. He has every right to self promote and I have every right to not like it. I just think the "look at me" aspect may end up as a poor cultural fit for several reasons. That's all I'll say on that subject.
lol yeah I’ve went from fully on his side to feeling alittle more like you about it. The inner circle deal kind of set an alarm off for me. I’m all for him capitalizing on himself and I had loved the messaging thus far. Great insight for kids. I just think he’s starting to press it alittle too fast now. He’s just another high school bust if he doesn’t translate and all this goes away quick. He just needs to keep it fun and informative for all kids.

lol yeah I’ve went from fully on his side to feeling alittle more like you about it. The inner circle deal kind of set an alarm off for me. I’m all for him capitalizing on himself and I had loved the messaging thus far. Great insight for kids. I just think he’s starting to press it alittle too fast now. He’s just another high school bust if he doesn’t translate and all this goes away quick. He just needs to keep it fun and informative for all kids.
I wonder if after the fact we find out that a couple teams asked to not be the final choice.

I think the only school in a position to be picky might be PSU but you could be right

Not from a loaded room aspect but DT too if he truly feels like he doesn’t fit.
As you know, I'm not a fan of this sort of self promotion. He has every right to self promote and I have every right to not like it. I just think the "look at me" aspect may end up as a poor cultural fit for several reasons. That's all I'll say on that subject.

Very disappointed in him that he hasn’t eliminated OU yet. Is he a good culture fit for OSU?

His talent level and work ethic is too high for ANY school right now to cross him off their list. And they haven't. I can promise you if Carl, DT and Tom Ryan told Bassett to cut the shenanigans or we won't recruit you, he (bassett) would. They very much care about wrestling for a premier program. Obviously Iowa will take him no matter he does, unless he's physically incarcerated.

Carl has been far less heavy handed than he was at the start of social media. Do you show up to practice? Do you give great effort? Do you live a good life off the mat? Then you're fine.

Bartlett, Clash of Combat, RBY, Nickal, Starocci, DT, Dake, Snyder have all filmed (or been filmed) inside the PSU room. He'll never let Flo in - notice that even though the All Star classic was at PSU, there was no video of the PSU guys practicing. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT