ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump indicted…

What do you all think about the fact the charges are sealed? Seems strange to indict someone running for president and not even announce what crime he supposedly committed. If its not political, as the libs are saying, then prove it. Show us the law he broke. Show us that this is something that warrants indictment and isn't a political witch hunt.
patience. tuesday will get here soon enough.

patience. tuesday will get here soon enough.
I place a bet right now with anyone that when the charges are announced on Tuesday, we'll find that they have not been prosecuted as a felony in NY in the last year against a single other individual.

I place a bet right now with anyone that when the charges are announced on Tuesday, we'll find that they have not been prosecuted as a felony in NY in the last year against a single other individual.
we going from unprecedented to trailing 12 mos now?

you might want to look up people of ny v. dubon.. i like you too much to see throw money away

Last edited:
we going from unprecedented to trailing 12 mos now?

you might want to look up people of ny v. dubon.. i like you too much to see through money away
I'm struggling to find NY vs Dubon info. I find a lot on People V Dubon, but that seems to be about illegal search and seizure laws. Care to share a link to educate me?

Reactions: davidallen
I'm struggling to find NY vs Dubon info. I find a lot on People V Dubon, but that seems to be about illegal search and seizure laws. Care to share a link to educate me?

Thank you. Still leaves me very curious about what the compounding crime will be.
I'm betting tax evasion....If he claims the payments were to spare his wife embarassment or if he admits they were for the benefit of his campaign chances - they would not be legitimate business expenses and deductible as legal fees. Stupid thing to get caught on.

I'm betting tax evasion....If he claims the payments were to spare his wife embarassment or if he admits they were for the campaign - they would not be legitimate business expenses and deductible as legal fees.
There again, you gotta look at dandelion?

I'm betting tax evasion....If he claims the payments were to spare his wife embarassment or if he admits they were for the benefit of his campaign chances - they would not be legitimate business expenses and deductible as legal fees. Stupid thing to get caught on.
The problem there, is that you have to prove that the payments made to Cohen, who is a serial liar and can't have any actual credibility to an unbiased jury, were for the sole purpose of the payment to Stormy. And given there's prior statements by Cohen himself stating that Trump didn't know of the payments, there better be some damn smoking gun evidence. So far, all I've seen is Banana Republic (or Federation of Russia) style politics. Oh and further division in the country.

And for those of you who enjoy shooting, I hope you're stocked up on ammo. Its about to get real F'n expensive and very hard to find.

Reactions: Marocain Poke
The problem there, is that you have to prove that the payments made to Cohen, who is a serial liar and can't have any actual credibility to an unbiased jury, were for the sole purpose of the payment to Stormy. And given there's prior statements by Cohen himself stating that Trump didn't know of the payments, there better be some damn smoking gun evidence. So far, all I've seen is Banana Republic (or Federation of Russia) style politics. Oh and further division in the country.

And for those of you who enjoy shooting, I hope you're stocked up on ammo. Its about to get real F'n expensive and very hard to find.
Is Trump on tape talkibg with Cohen "see Alan and take care of this" sufficient evidence? Is the coincidence of the payoff amount and special payments to Cohen sufficient evidence? We will see I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Let’s look at the tax evasion route. $280,000 in payments (throwing in the other cumdumpster’s $150,000). Top NY marginal tax bracket is 10.9%. Using old math, that’s $30,520 in underpayments (max). Payments were as much about protecting the Trump Organization brand as they were about anything else, so arguably a business expense. IRS considers a transaction non-fraudulent if there is a 1/3 or better chance that it would hold up in court. And that is only for assessing civil fraud penalties. Criminal fraud is a much higher bar. Regardless, that test appears to have been met, but granted, that’s just an IRS internal procedure.

Bottom line, this is not the sort of thing that ends up in criminal court, unless the government is out to get you.

And discretion. State/local authorities are waaaaaaaay less aggressive in tax matters than the feds, unless they’re out to get you.

Yeah, I read the “survey”. Guarantee you prosecutors had ulterior motives, especially in the peppercorn cases. Been seeing this kind of government bullshit for 40 years.

Solid legal take from a liberal law prof that voted for Biden. He's one of the brightest legal minds in America, not a radical Marxist hack.

Trump's real legal jeopardy is still Georgia, imo. His business has already been convicted of tax crimes.
Whether or not there is a two tiered justice system in the United States, it will make no difference when a majority of Americans are thinking the same thing. No matter the outcome we have all already lost.

Dems will keep fiddling though while Rome burns.

pop-art-illustration-drama-queen-t-shirt-print-portrait-crying-girl-94658340.jpg

Whether or not there is a two tiered justice system in the United States, it will make no difference when a majority of Americans are thinking the same thing. No matter the outcome we have all already lost.

Dems will keep fiddling though while Rome burns.
So dramatic.

you can do it!
We will see. I have doubled down on beef, poultry, and stocks. Oh and insurance always inflates with the economy.

If my wife would green light blow I bet I would be there but I have to have 3-4 hours a night these days. She is my Sharon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT