ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia and West Virginia

Now the match is completely gone from the app. We are going the wrong way.

Glad the radio audio is matching up now on the broadcast. Was listening to KSPI app and they were way ahead.

Plott said in an interview that he didn't have covid. He may have missed Little Rock due to protocol.

Reactions: osu2082
I'm like all of you and starved for some wrestling. Today was much better than I anticipated as Columbia was well-coached and they were battlers when scrambling. Fix's match was awesome to watch and several other matches had good action. Mastro looked sharp any G continues to impress.

What was the score of the Fix match? I thought Rex said he was taken down at the end of the match. Seth says it was 9-0 in the article, then doubles down in the box score at the end of the article.

What was the score of the Fix match? I thought Rex said he was taken down at the end of the match. Seth says it was 9-0 in the article, then doubles down in the box score at the end of the article.
He was taken down but Fix immediately reversed him.

Reactions: skylinepoke
I liked how Mastro, G, Geer, Ferrari and Surber wrestled. I have thought that Carter Young is not big enough or strong enough to go with the top 8 guys but we look good for 141 with Cael Hughes coming in so him wrestling as a true freshman is okay but he needs to jump a level to place this year.
I think it's all good experience for him. He's making the adjustment from freestyle to the grind of D1. I agree he'll need a break through to AA this year, but he can do it. I remember Alex saying things just clicked in the middle of his true freshman year. He went from scuffling to beating everyone.

I have thought that Carter Young is not big enough or strong enough to go with the top 8 guys but we look good for 141 with Cael Hughes coming in so him wrestling as a true freshman is okay but he needs to jump a level to place this year.
Carter Young has all the skills necessary, he just needs more experience and toughness. It might all click soon, might be next year. Wonder what folks wouldve done with Mark Branch & Pat Smith freshman year? Believe Smith had 3 losses, one by fall, by this point in January and Branch about 6 losses. Those two figured it out.

Reactions: turfpoke
He was taken down but Fix immediately reversed him.
I looked at the Columbia coach after that sequence and it was hilarious. He had jumped up when the takedown occurred and quickly sat back down after Daton's reversal and he just shook his head in amazement.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Carter Young has all the skills necessary, he just needs more experience and toughness. It might all click soon, might be next year. Wonder what folks wouldve done with Mark Branch & Pat Smith freshman year? Believe Smith had 3 losses, one by fall, by this point in January and Branch about 6 losses. Those two figured it out.
I wouldn’t say he lacks toughness but he does lack strength, agree with the rest and think he has very high ceiling.

Being a long time fan it is best to have multiple options. I haven’t listened to the radio broadcast in a while. Is It still Rex Holt and Roger Moore?
ESPN+
KSPI app
OSU

This is why Wittlake was out today.

If John said he had a slight injury then I believe him but we have been critical of coaches keeping their wrestlers out of matches and in essence this is what we did. He was going against a good but not great wrestler and we kept him out. We are just as guilty as everyone else of doing this. No we did not forfeit but bottom line he could have wrestled and we chose not to let him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT